Перейти к содержимому

Custom bots in newest CS:S Orangebox release

10 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_mask

Guest_mask
  • Guests

Отправлено 20 December 2013 - 02:33 PM

ive been trying to alter the bot names, with the botprofile.db that i took from the VPK files. ive extracted it, changed the names, put it into the cstrike folder, ive also tried naming it botprofile1.db and setting the cvar bot_profile_db to "botprofile1.db" however, this aswell had no effect. if any of the staff could help me with this issue, i would be ever so thankful

thanks in advance

#2 SNiPY

SNiPY

//Aggressive Gaming™

• Moderators - Admin
  • 3534 Сообщений:
  • LocationGreece

Отправлено 20 December 2013 - 02:58 PM

Please post the path where you have put the edited file and the path of the original file inside the vpk files.

...you can achieve immortality, simply by doing one great thing...

#3 Guest_mask

Guest_mask
  • Guests

Отправлено 21 December 2013 - 09:35 AM

the original BotProfile.db is located in cstrike/cstrike_pak_dir.vpk

i extracted it from there, changed the names as i wished, and put the file in my cstrike folder, and named it botprofile.db

is that what you wished to know?

#4 Heady

Heady

• Moderators - Admin
  • 2173 Сообщений:

Отправлено 21 December 2013 - 10:10 AM

Hmm, create a new folder in the cstrike/custom dir, name it bot_names and put the file there. So it's like strike/custom/bot_names/BotProfile.db. That might work. Or how is the BotProfile.db file saved in the vpk file? In some subdir? Then you have to include that folder too in your custom/bot_names/ folder.

#5 Guest_mask

Guest_mask
  • Guests

Отправлено 21 December 2013 - 10:24 AM

ive tried doing as you said, but it didnt work. the botprofile.db isnt in any subfolders in the vpk file. i bet if i could somehow delete the botprofile.db from the VPK file it would work.. or am i mistaken?

#6 Heady

Heady

• Moderators - Admin
  • 2173 Сообщений:

Отправлено 21 December 2013 - 10:59 AM

You can't modify the vpk file, it needs to be verified by a checksum on most servers. Normally it should be enough to use the custom folder...

#7 Guest_mask

Guest_mask
  • Guests

Отправлено 21 December 2013 - 11:07 AM

but in this case using the custom folder doesnt work :(

do you have any other ideas? maybe you could try putting a custom botprofile.db in your custom folder and tell me if it works for you? in that case i could redownload the game

#8 Guest_mask

Guest_mask
  • Guests

Отправлено 21 December 2013 - 11:09 AM

sorry for doubleposting but i have an idea (probably wont work but whatever)

what if i extracted all the files from the cstrike_pak_dir.vpk file, and then replaced the botprofile that i extracted from there with my one, and then deleted the cstrike_pak_dir.vpk file completely (or just rename it so the game wont use it)

#9 SNiPY

SNiPY

//Aggressive Gaming™

• Moderators - Admin
  • 3534 Сообщений:
  • LocationGreece

Отправлено 21 December 2013 - 12:25 PM

sorry for doubleposting but i have an idea (probably wont work but whatever)

what if i extracted all the files from the cstrike_pak_dir.vpk file, and then replaced the botprofile that i extracted from there with my one, and then deleted the cstrike_pak_dir.vpk file completely (or just rename it so the game wont use it)

The vpk files are needed so the game to work. If you delete them i bet it will crash on startup. But don't worry. In a few hours i will try to do it on my CSS. If i make it work, i will post the instructions.

#10 SNiPY

SNiPY

//Aggressive Gaming™

• Moderators - Admin
  • 3534 Сообщений:
  • LocationGreece

Отправлено 21 December 2013 - 03:57 PM

Solution:

1) Create a new folder on your desktop and name it e.g. "custom_bot_names".

2) Put the edited BotProfile.db file in the folder you created before.

3) Then go here: "..\Counter-Strike Source\bin".

4) Locate the vpk.exe file. Then drag the custom_bot_names folder from your desktop (that has the edited BotProfile.db file inside) and drop it on the vpk.exe file.

It will create a custom_bot_names.vpk file on your desktop. Take that file and put it here: "..\Counter-Strike Source\cstrike\custom"

5) Finally test it and report here if it worked. :)

#11 Guest_arsenalbr

Guest_arsenalbr
  • Guests

Отправлено 04 July 2015 - 11:40 AM

Solution:

1) Create a new folder on your desktop and name it e.g. "custom_bot_names".

2) Put the edited BotProfile.db file in the folder you created before.

3) Then go here: "..\Counter-Strike Source\bin".

4) Locate the vpk.exe file. Then drag the custom_bot_names folder from your desktop (that has the edited BotProfile.db file inside) and drop it on the vpk.exe file.

It will create a custom_bot_names.vpk file on your desktop. Take that file and put it here: "..\Counter-Strike Source\cstrike\custom"

5) Finally test it and report here if it worked. :)

is now working thank you silent sniper

Ответить

0 пользователей читают эту тему

0 пользователей, 0 гостей, 0 скрытых