• Please log in to reply
227 replies to this topic

#1 Ghost

Ghost

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 07:34 PM

Updated 2009-06-12: Setti MasterServer IP address changes!
Follow these same instructions again to update your Setti MasterServer installation. If you have downloaded a game release from Mininova, Piratebay or other site it is very likely that you are using Setti MasterServer - now you need to do the update yourself! It's not difficult! Follow the instructions!

Tell your friends about the update and spread the word - old Setti MasterServer will be down in near future! Follow instructions here to get Setti MasterServer working again.

Instructions how to install Setti MasterServer

Overview

Working server browser for games (CS:S, CS1.6, DoD:S, TF2, L4D, Steam, ...)

MasterServer is a server which tells clients (that's YOU) what are the IP addresses of game servers (CS:S, CS1.6, TF2, ...). What you need to do is change the default MasterServer IP address to Setti MasterServer IP address. To do that follow the instructions.

The servers which Setti MasterServer shows are listed at http://css.setti.info/servers/. You can add more servers by submitting them to the form at the bottom of Setti mainpage.

After installing masterserver, the servers at Setti will be listed in the in-game server browser. For Steam the servers are found from Servers window. So everything works just like normal, but the servers are fetched from Setti.

Install instructions

Remember to backup your original copies in case you want to revert.

1. Copy MasterServers.vdf to config directory

* Standalone: C:gamesCounter-Strike SourceplatformconfigMasterServers.vdf  OR

* Steam: C:Program FilesSteamconfigMasterServers.vdf

2. Make MasterServers.vdf read-only

* Right-click over MasterServers.vdf, select "Properties" and check "Read-only"
Download: http://css.setti.info/code/masterserver ... ervers.vdf

Remember to make the file READ-ONLY!

Making the VDF read-only prevents your game or Steam from overwriting it in some cases.

Updating MasterServer.vdf for any gametype (CS:S, CS1.6, DoD:S, TF2, L4D ...) should work. All HL and HL2 game mods use the same kind of server query mechanism.

Steam server browser also works with Setti Masterserver. After patching Steam's Masterserver, all HL1 and HL2 based games launched through Steam will use Setti Masterserver. For example Team Fortress 2 and Left 4 Dead work through Steam.

#2 Guest_not hard my ass!

Guest_not hard my ass!
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2009 - 10:18 PM

wtf man lols i dont get how this is done. its simply frustrating D:

#3 k1ller

k1ller

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 4,250 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 07:11 AM

You need to be more specific than that. Are you using Steam or not? What do you see in the internet tab? Etc., tell us what you don't understand so it might be possible to help you.
Posted Image

#4 Guest_ondskan

Guest_ondskan
  • Guests

Posted 09 July 2009 - 10:55 PM

Well,i have windows installed in swedish. So anyway,i right click the masterservers.vdf file and choose "Egenskaper" ( Properties ) But i cannot find any "read only" option to check. There is nothing that could even remotely translate into "read only". Any ideas? :/

#5 k1ller

k1ller

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 4,250 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 07:16 AM

Read only setting isn't that important. It's just a failsafe so that the file isn't overwritten with default values. Maybe it's "write protection" in Swedish. That won't get the masterserver working for you anyway.
Posted Image

#6 Guest_Frank Martin

Guest_Frank Martin
  • Guests

Posted 16 July 2009 - 09:52 PM

Hello,
I have left 4 dead non steam from setti, i can see servers but i dont can connect,
" Disconnect - Connection with session has been lost." What can i do??

Thx Frank Martin

#7 Guest_

Guest_
  • Guests

Posted 19 July 2009 - 02:22 PM

I don't get it. I followed the instructions, and the servers still won't show up up TF2. Help plz!!

#8 k1ller

k1ller

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 4,250 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 02:23 PM

Did the masterserver work for you before the update? Do you see the "update masterserver" servers?
Posted Image

#9 Guest_

Guest_
  • Guests

Posted 19 July 2009 - 02:28 PM

No, it didn't work for me before either. I have the latest masterserver, and it still doesn't work.

#10 k1ller

k1ller

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 4,250 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 02:43 PM

Yes it works.
Posted Image

#11 Guest_

Guest_
  • Guests

Posted 19 July 2009 - 02:45 PM

So, I downloaded the latest masterserver, but when I click the servers option on TF2, no servers show up. WTF is wrong here? I think it might be my IP, but I have no idea how to do anything with my IP. :(

#12 k1ller

k1ller

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 4,250 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 04:43 PM

Close Steam, close all games and then delete all masterservers.vdf's. Then start Steam or your game. That should reset masterservers.vdf to Valve's masterserver. Then follow the Setti masterserver install instructions again.

If you can't get even the Valve's masterserver working then you have a bad release of TF2.
Posted Image

#13 Guest_

Guest_
  • Guests

Posted 21 July 2009 - 05:11 PM

.... http://css.setti.inf...tyle_emoticons/default/icon_question.gif http://css.setti.inf...tyle_emoticons/default/icon_question.gif http://css.setti.inf...tyle_emoticons/default/icon_question.gif

#14 k1ller

k1ller

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 4,250 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 07:32 PM

Ahsai what? What is your problem?
Posted Image

#15 Guest_ikk3

Guest_ikk3
  • Guests

Posted 22 July 2009 - 12:43 PM

i got the setti serverlist to function with :( out any problems but it doesn't want to connect. just idles after 10 sec... any ideas?

#16 k1ller

k1ller

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 4,250 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 03:05 PM

Download a different release of your game. When you get the serverlist then Setti masterserver has done it's job. Connecting to the servers is completely separate process.
Posted Image

#17 Guest_NO NAME

Guest_NO NAME
  • Guests

Posted 29 July 2009 - 09:14 AM

YOUR INSTRUCTIONS DONT HELP THAT MASTERSERVER DOESNT DO SHIT.!!!

#18 k1ller

k1ller

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 4,250 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 09:26 PM

YES WE CAN!
Posted Image

#19 Guest_yanaek

Guest_yanaek
  • Guests

Posted 04 August 2009 - 09:18 PM

this file won't work on many CSS installations, it's because you DIDN't add cstrike section, look at this, this is my modifief MasterServer.vdf file, i copied hl2 section and renamed it to cstrike

"MasterServers"

{

"hl1"

{

"0"

{

"addr"          "188.40.40.201:27010"

}

}

"hl2"

{

"0"

{

"addr"          "188.40.40.201:27011"

}

}

"cstrike"

{

"0"

{

}

}

}

the problem is that game shows all kind of servers (CS1.6, CSS and others), but i only want it to show CSS servers (Filter in CSS doesn't work), should i add something more to this MasterServer.vdf file?

#20 Guest_yanaek

Guest_yanaek
  • Guests

Posted 04 August 2009 - 09:23 PM

Ok it's really simple to remove CS1.6 games from list, just remove hl1 part from the file and leave only

"MasterServers"

{

"hl2"

{

"0"

{

}

}

"cstrike"

{

"0"