• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 schoyth

schoyth

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:42 PM

1) Approximate date/time of ban
08.04.2012 - 15 minutes ago (about 20.15 PM 1+GMT timezone)
2) Server name
Setti CSS server pub #2 Custom maps
3) Map name
Don't remember completely.. .think it was de_scud_pro_beta3 or just de_scud_pro

4) SteamID ("status" command in console when connected to any server)
STEAM_0:0:611932996

5)
IP: 62.63.2.213

6) Nick when i got banned : Bullet
7) Sculder.

First of all. l, I don't play CS:S much.
Second, beeing an admin on a server ingame should be considered as a privelege, and the idealistic admin is humble, responsible, GROWN UP, and have a fair sense of justice. I've got the impression that many admins abuses the power they have, and that there is no rules for them to follow.

Democracy on the server should be the least a admin should manage to keep up. If the players on the server do "Rock The vote" and want to change map, the admin should accept it if it go trough enough votes, independent of if they like the map theirself or not. Today, Sculder did not accept that the players did not accept that most of the players were not happy with the map and did RTV, so he cancelled it or stopped it.

I got banned because i said votemap and choosed de_nightfever, because Sculder didn't wanted that map to be voted trough. He wrote in the chat before i voted : " THe next one who vote on nightfever gets banned"

But I didn't care about that, because it's our ( the players!) right to vote and use that function. If he don't like that things doesn't go the way he likes it, it's his loss.
Also, I've noticed and heard that Sculder ban players if he teamkill them and they choose to slay him for it. Again, Admin abuse. Ingame, a admin should have to follow the rules on a equal line as the other players.

Now, i've heard this guy, Sculder is HEAD admin. I'm sure there is a lot of bad admins out there, Sculder here is just an example of what I'd like to call a bad admin. And the fact that he is the HEAD admin, makes it even worse.

Please, get proper admins on your servers.
Ps. This is not meant as an person attack on any people mentioned here. Also, i request to be unbanned from the server.

#2 IrGeNdJeMaNd-AUT

IrGeNdJeMaNd-AUT

The Chosen One

• Members
  • 797 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:13 AM

You see, i've already stated this in another post, admins DO have a sense of justice. But they also just got a certain amount of patience. You don't know the pub#2 server nearly enough as many other people. The RTV-command is used constantly, and the map changes sometimes every 5 minutes. In order to prevent that he did that. I dont want to say i would have banned you but you see, public players are some of the dumbest i've ever seen. I compare them with animals, if one runs away, the drove follows him even if they don't know why! After noticing that they don't want that map either, they just want another map again. And that goes on for ages.

About the slay ban. Maybe you understand that by the time head admins get enemies, for banning their friend who cheated or anything else. Now those people often like to avenge their bans by teamkilling ´the head admin. As i already mentioned those are as dumb as animals so they don't follow the consequences. In order to prevent dumb animals to do that, Sculder is infamous for banning those. If you want you can compare that with a dictatorship: He is the dictator but there is no crime rate under his reign. So as long as you don't get in his way you're fine.

#3 LemmingGrumpy

LemmingGrumpy

Admin

• Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:13 PM

So, Sculder warns you about incoming ban, but you still go on with your plan and now you are complaining? WHAT DID YOU THINK WAS GOING TO HAPPEN FFS?

ROFL at this kind of entitled idiot. We owe you sweet fuck all, zilch, nada, so if you don't like it find another server to play on.

#4 schoyth

schoyth

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:12 PM

IrGeNdJeMaNd-AUT :

I think it's wrong to cut all "public"players under the same edge. I can understand that many of them might be completely stupid and behave like small childrens, but after all, everyone is different. My experience is that the no-public players are just as dumb as the public, though my experience is vulnerable to questioning.

About the RTV command, when we (the normal players on the server) voted for it, Sculder's stats were 14-0 I think. It might not be a coincidense that he stopped it then of course, and the succesfull stats might have been a reason for that. But still, I'm pretty sure all non-admin players don't want to change map every 5th minute in the long run, people will leave the server then. As long as people want to change map, I think the admin should let them do so- independent of their own opinion. (of course they should use rtv too, if the admin want to change map) .

Slay ban- The rules should be equal for everyone, and no one should stand over the rules. After all, the slay function for teamkilling was invented for a reason, and that was for making sure people didn't teamkill you. If someone does it once, by accident, fine, slay them. If someone does it tvice, talk to them in chat and slay them again. three times? give a warning about kick/ban and slay them again. 4th ? ban.

As an admin, Sculder, or any other admins for that sake, have an responsibility. And responsiblity includes making sure rules are followed by the players on the server and have a sence of justice when it comes to judging players if they cheat or not, teamkilling and so on (the list is long).
If an admin does not follow the rules himself, he also affects the others players negatively. Just to illustrate: Imagine, a father hitting his son, telling him not to hit other people. Will it work? Chances are bigger for that it will not work when the father breaks the rules himself. It's a relevant example because the admin should be a grown-up player and in a way be a rolemodel for the other players on the server how a good gaming attitude is.

The comparrison of Sculder & a dictator is a good one, as long as it solely applies to his attitude as an admin ingame on a server (no personal offense intended). But it's no secret, that dictatorship only breeds new dictatorships... (the father & son example).

If Setti have ambitions as a gaming community to improve, please don't turn your back to what I say. Some of what I say might be discussable of course, but in my opinion a healthy gaming community concider ever of it's users voices, no matter how stupid they might sound.
----------------------------------------

LemmingGrumpy :

I can see you're a moderator/admin here. I did what i wanted when i did that votemap. I used my rights and options, I wanted to play that map. It's wrong for any admins, in any game, to ban a random player for using his "democratic" rights.

And another thing, I don't appreciate beeing called an "entitled idiot". Don't you have any rules on your forum? I find it fascinating that an apparently normal user ( IrGeNdJeMaNd-AUT) can provide a relevant and good answer to my first post, but an moderator/admin here uses language as ROFL and in a way, actually offend me personally.

P.S: I don't want this thread to be a discussion about if i'm offended or not, or that i'm a idiot or noob or whatever some of you might say. Stay on topic please. Any people who wanna argue about offending people can do it in a personal message to me if they want to.

#5 LemmingGrumpy

LemmingGrumpy

Admin

• Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:39 PM

Owww, did I hurt your feelings? That would break my fuckin' heart.

You didn't even understand my answer, so let's see if I can put it even more bluntly to you: you have no democratic rights here. Period. The RTV command is for when full admins are not on server, so that players can collectively decide what they want to play. Once a full admin is there, you have the right to GTFO if you don't like his map choice, or his attitude.

If you don't like this deal, go pay for your own servers, maintain them, etc. Until then, understand that you owe us, not the other way around.

Yep, you really are an entitled idiot (other words come to mind that would "offend you", but we don't want that to happen, do we?).

#6 b00bs

b00bs

Wickedsick Member

• Members
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:48 PM

I guess he needs more couple of bans till he will understand that he can't do "what he wants" on servers. : )

#7 Marioc

Marioc

Master

• 1,408 posts
  • LocationAthens

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:55 PM

http://css.setti.inf...__fromsearch__1
That's why he banned you. Do you think he cares about stats that much ? I didnt even read the 1/3 from what you wrote. Just to know it's annoying to see people typing "nominate", "RTV RTV RTV", "Votemap" in every map start.

#8 Georgia

Georgia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:41 AM

I feel sad to see that happening again! Every little option that the game gives us it is our right to use it! Yes, i agree, they keep changing maps.. But, there is a reason that this shit is happening.. Why you all focus on the fact and don't even thing why this is happening? What you have to do is wonder what the problem is and not banning whomever rtv or just voting! When the window with the possible choices comes up,you can vote! You have the right to vote! cheaters should be banned! not players that using their rights! If Sculder doesn't like what is going on on Pub 2 then he could visit other servers! It is so unfair 10 or 15 people to be forced to do what a random admin wants... And this not just about Sculder! Because there are too many admins that think they can do whatever they like and destroy the game....BTW Marioc, nominate is not rtv... It is different to vote what you would like to play next and different to vote the change of map....

#9 IrGeNdJeMaNd-AUT

IrGeNdJeMaNd-AUT

The Chosen One

• Members
  • 797 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:44 AM

But still, I'm pretty sure all non-admin players don't want to change map every 5th minute in the long run

Trust me, they do.

If an admin does not follow the rules himself, he also affects the others players negatively.

He does. One rule is: Slay Sculder and you get a ban for free!
Also, as Lemming already stated, Sculder does not owe you, you owe him and all the other headadmins!
And finally, please cut to the chase, nobody has the time for novels here.

#10 schoyth

schoyth

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:54 AM

Let's turn the dices here, and view this from another perspective.

An online game need players on their servers. Any online game is worth nothing without the players. A gameserver,is not worth a single fuck without it's players. Server admins should be a bit more humble, they will benefit from it in the long run and probably get more players on their server also aswell.

If Sculder wants players to stay on his "server" he should better find that balance which makes him a popular and good admin. If not, his server will sooner or later be left empty by the players.

LemmingGrumpy : Hahaha, sorry to hear your heart broke mate, I really am :)

#11 Sculder

Sculder

President

• 363 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:27 PM

the slay function for teamkilling was invented for a reason...

Vote cancel function too.

#12 schoyth

schoyth

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:23 PM

Vote cancel function too.

A shame only admins have the option of (ab)using it.

And even a bigger shame a lot of the admins around miss good judgement when to use the function.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users