• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Cv3

Cv3

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 04:37 PM

Hello,
I am glad at last the board is fine. Last time it was using phpbb and it was ... terrible :} now it is nice with the ipb :}
Now about my problem my server is 84.54.150.174:27015 and it doesn't seems to be listed correct on the Setti's master server list. When I click to search it should show my server first because it has about 0-1 ping ... and it shows it after about 10000 others ... what is happening ? I was never having such a problems before it was listing fine and it was 24/7 full. You probably have made some changes because now it is not that good. The site is great even that ajax powered form to add servers which was really hard for me to find :D but now 2nd day I can't get 32 players online because they can't see the server.
Please help me Setti masters. Fix the server to show first as it has to be or I can't fill it with players so we can have fun together :}
I can't offer you anything for you help except a bless :) and admin permissions in my server it has hand written mod which is unique. Also could offer you my help as web designer, little pawn knowledge ... little C .. little php and so ... That is why I wanna more players to see it and have fun.

Thank you for your help.

#2 Ghost

Ghost

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 06:15 PM

Your servers are there: http://css.setti.inf...h/84.54.150.174

The same "problem" is there for some other server admins too. Few months ago we changed the way the servers are distributed on the list. It used to be unfair for certain IP ranges, so now it's random. Random is equally (un)fair for everybody.

Good and easy ideas how to better distribute the servers are welcome. Valve's official list is distributed so that the nearest servers for the player are sent first. They changed it about couple months ago. It's be good for Setti to do the same, but it's not exactly easy to implement.

#3 Cv3

Cv3

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 06:27 PM

So I have to use about 2000 redirects to get 1 single server full because it is has to be unfair for everyone ? Btw valve has made no change in their master server because it is same as allways ... close IP range displayed first rendering by smaller pings ... pls make something about it ;( I can start even 10,000 redirects but there is no point .. :(

#4 Ghost

Ghost

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 09:15 AM

Post redirect server addresses here and we can remove them.

In the past you've probably been one of the lucky ones having your server in the first 1% of sent servers. How wasn't that unfair for the rest of the 99%?

#5 Cv3

Cv3

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 10:40 AM

I don't think it was unfair because I make my servers specially for the people around here in my country because here are no good servers at all .. but here what is happening now: No good servers ... no good connection with good servers and only 1% of people could see my server in the internet :( more people join from valve's master server than from setti ...
Please give me a hand just stick it like KSO servers :( and I will be very greatfull

Thank you sir.

#6 Ghost

Ghost

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 11:34 AM

It was unfair because people not in your country also saw your high ping server first on the list. They didn't find the good servers in their country. Now it's random order and everybody gets some good servers as the first results. They don't get your server as the first, but for them it's just improvement.

It's possible that Setti changes also to the country based distribution style.

#7 Cv3

Cv3

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 12:21 PM

I can't wait for this but ... for now I am stuck and can't do anything without hundred of redirects and nobody see the server.. That is why I am asking you for help just like KSO right ?

Please master :(

#8 Ghost

Ghost

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 01:14 PM

We're also working on removing the redirect servers - consequently removing the origin servers too. Redirect servers are not recommended.

#9 Cv3

Cv3

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 06:14 PM

Not helping ... you refuse to fix the display problem.. you refuse to give a hand with the problem ... only thing is to shutdown :(
C'mon I remember You were good guys why you are still refusing to help me :(
I am beging you ...

#10 Ghost

Ghost

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 07:41 PM

When I click to search it should show my server first because it has about 0-1 ping

I just checked that your server has ping 97. Claiming otherwise doesn't make any sense. For example my own server has ping 0 all the time. You need to buy new computer and good internet.

#11 Cv3

Cv3

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 10:19 PM

I bet my machine is enough good just need to install new centOS because it currently use Windows xp .. http://valid.canardp....php?id=1188818 this is the configuration about the internet it has little higher pings because my provider doesn't not support ICMP high priority ... but it is 100% stable and protected against any attacks .. big traffic and so ... something that as I see setti doesn't have ... :}
And in the end you won't help me .. thank you

#12 Ghost

Ghost

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 05:52 AM

Thanks.

#13 Cv3

Cv3

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 07:38 AM

For nothing .. :unsure:

#14 Cv3

Cv3

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 05:58 PM

So thank you people :blink: now my server is gone from the list, you really hate me and it doesn't matter how much I love you guys :smile: f&ck my server you made something unique ... and you are crashing it for me http://css.setti.inf...tyle_emoticons/default/icon_e_surprised.gif at least if you can't fix it delete my ip with all ports that I tried and add it again :S

#15 k1ller

k1ller

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 4,250 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 07:14 PM

Yeah... so there are thousands of other servers including three other servers in the same IP working fine - and you blame us. You are crashing it for yourself, fix it.
Posted Image

#16 Cv3

Cv3

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 07:33 PM

I am crashing the server on port 27015 ... I don't blame you for anything except the hate ... against me :-( :-( :-( :-(

c'mon my friend it don't cost you anything to stick the server so it could appear and act as normal please do me that favor so I can stop all the crappy redirects I've started to keep some players online ;( I am working really hard on new mods but if no players online why to do it ?

#17 Ghost

Ghost

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 08:41 AM

You're probably getting lots of happy players by placing fake servers.

#18 Cv3

Cv3

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 10:06 AM

Any other suggestions ... without your support I can't do anything :-(

#19 Cv3

Cv3

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 08:47 AM

Still no suggestions .. still NO LISTING on master absolutelly no listing :shock:
:S

Here is my suggestion:

Delete my IP: 84.54.150.175 on all ports you find added

Replace my old IP 84.22.18.158 in your database with the new one ... the old one was listed PERFECTLY :razz:

#20 Cv3

Cv3

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 02:51 PM

Hello, admins I just wanted to bump the thread with no answer so long and my server where I spent so much time in writing mods and so still don't appear in setti (it never appear) not like before after 7000 other or more now it just don't appear ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users