1 reply to this topic

#1 Ghost

Ghost

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 07:02 AM

Note: Original text by R3D4NG3L

I have created a guide to let work the Server Browser of the Rev Emu with the new updated MasterServer.vdf of the Setti CSS (updated at 2009-06-09).

In the package there is a ReadMe that helps you to install it correctly and let it work;

This is the ReadMe:

|~~\/~\|~~\  /| |\  | /~~\/~\|      |~~\   |            

|__/  <|   |/_|_| \ ||  __  <|  (~  |__//~/|/~//~~|(~/~/

|  \\_/|__/   | |  \| \__/\_/|___)  |  \\/_|\/_\__|_)\/_

INSTALL THIS RELEASE TO PLAY LEFT 4 DEAD NO-STEAM VERSION HAVING THE SETTI MASTERSERVER.VDF UPDATED AT 06/09/2009 (2009-06-09)

1) Open the file "rev.ini" and search for: "CachePath =";

Modify the path of your CachePath; set it to the folder where your .GCF files are located.

2) Always in the file "rev.ini" search for: "Language =";

Modify the language of the serverbrowser, you can choose from one of this: English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, sChinese, 

Korean, Koreana, tChinese, Japanese, Russian, Thai, or Portugeuse

3) Always in the "rev.ini" search for: "PlayerName =";

Replace "R3D-Fan!" with your nickname.

4) Take ALL the files from this package and paste them into your LEFT 4 DEAD Game Dir;

Mine is in: D:\Program Files (x86)\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\common\left 4 dead

WARNING: You have to put all the files in the Left 4 Dead Game Dir and not in the Left 4 Dead dir:

EXAMPLE

Right path: D:\Program Files (x86)\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\common\left 4 dead

Wrong path: D:\Program Files (x86)\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\common\left 4 dead\left4dead

Now the Revolution Emulator is installed open the game (left4dead.exe), open the console and type: "bind F12 openserverbrowser";
Close the console, press F12, go to the Internet Tab, refresh the server list, join a server and have fun!!!!

Hope the be usefull,
R3D4NG3L - If you want to contact me for any information add me to messenger or send me an email: losombie@hotmail.com

Download the package: http://mobileworld.n...3Ls_Release.zip

#2 ibmt500

ibmt500

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 06:22 PM

bind F12 openserverbrowser,always this command in effect before console is open.
add this command:bind "`" "openserverbrowser 1;toggleconsole;" in config.cfg maybe better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users