52 replies to this topic

#21 Mithrandir

Mithrandir

Istari

• Moderators - CS admin
  • 476 posts
  • LocationBeleriand - Out of Middle Earth

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:13 AM

I have an Idea... To stop people spamming other forums, Create a admin hire forum. Create a set list of requirements for people to follow. People say would have to create a poll for their admin application and allow other players to vote for them or not. Underneath players can then give their reasons for their vote. If "yes" why? If "no" why?

So so so simple. Full admins can then track applications easily and people won't be spamming other forums with their applications. Thats one step on how to control Setti's screwed up admin hiring regime.

Also, if a player fails to mention something that is required of them, the application will be denied immediately and players can only submit an application once every 4 months if their 1st application was denied.

Totally agree with you. It's a very good idea!
"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it"
Voltaire

#22 Reznov

Reznov

Regular

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 04:19 PM

There's plenty of admins but you say there is none. You know what's funny ? A LOT of players come here to this forum and beg for limited admin rights and say how much they play on Setti every day for 25 hours and how they can do a lot to help and ban cheaters and they find friends who then vote for them here on forum. And the full Setti admins (not me!) who manage limited admins give them the limited admin rights and the end result is ? .... Same shit as before. No admins. Why ? Because in reality they DON'T play a lot like they say. So we have tons of limited admins but no admins on the server. If I was in charge of limited admin list I would delete 90% of these useless kids and delete & close all admin request topics. Vast majority of limited admins don't deserve or don't know how / why / when to use their admin commands. So the bottom line is: there's tons of admins on Setti, but not the right ones. And adding a 100 more the same way as they were added until now won't make any difference. No matter how many more admins are added, things will be the same, and you will always say there are no admins. This is why, in my opinion, adding limited admins should stop.

The other problem are the updates. Nice b00bs seems to be MIA and his release thread is getting neglected. How things will move on from here and how the server is gonna get updated is something Ghost will have to say.

Lag doesn't seem too much of a problem for me so it may be your internet connection and/or the fact that you are just too far away from the server. There's not much you can do about that. My ping on Setti is 37 and with this ping I have no lag and I can play more or less normally. If your ping is 60 or more then I guess more lags will be normal for you and if that's unplayable, just find some other server closer to you.

And if you have any proof of a regular cheating, make a report. Otherwise STFU.

Now I must say you are right! So many Admin have Limited Rights but they are not online as much as they said! I have to say " list I would delete 90% of these useless kids" you have to do it if you want to clean setti!

#23 Addy

Addy

HUMANOID

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 11:00 AM

my ping on setti is below 30 .. sometimes its 5 ... and no im not using that ping fake command. and i live in denmark .. i still get lags but thats not the issue for me ... for me the issue is - i havent played on setti for like 2 or 3 weeks now cuz im running steam and according to steam im running a newer version than the server so i cant join at all.. Please do update soon... 2 - 3 weeks.. long time without setti servers :(((
Posted Image

#24 HappyLittleB00zer

HappyLittleB00zer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • LocationKladovo, Serbia

Posted 08 June 2012 - 12:04 PM

Setti isnt getting fucked up, people are... Bad things happen when a retarded kids get internet access. The number of limited admis isnt the problem, or weather they are online for 1 hour or 10 hours... All that matters its that they do their job good. Maybe before you give someone limited admin rights, you should scan him for a while, check for how long is he playing, ask other admins for their opinion or even some good players. When u give them rights as limited admins, see how they work, how many mistakes they make, how active they are, then finally rate their efforts and filter-out the lowest rated ones. Easiest way is to make a Topic with a list of limited admins, and allow players to rate their work. And btw, i have descent PC, my net connection sux and i dont get lags in game. Why? I have no idea, maybe because my "autoexec" got some commands that fixed problems, and maybe not. All i know is that Setti's main problem are hackers, and whats the better way to get rid of them? Well, higher number of limited admins would solve the problem, but they have to be chosen wisely or its a waste of time and nerves.

[color=#0000ff]-If something is hard to do, then it's not worth doing. (Homer Simpson)

#25 IrGeNdJeMaNd-AUT

IrGeNdJeMaNd-AUT

The Chosen One

• Members
  • 797 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 12:57 PM

Setti isnt getting fucked up, people are... Bad things happen when a retarded kids get internet access. The number of limited admis isnt the problem, or weather they are online for 1 hour or 10 hours... All that matters its that they do their job good. Maybe before you give someone limited admin rights, you should scan him for a while, check for how long is he playing, ask other admins for their opinion or even some good players. When u give them rights as limited admins, see how they work, how many mistakes they make, how active they are, then finally rate their efforts and filter-out the lowest rated ones. Easiest way is to make a Topic with a list of limited admins, and allow players to rate their work. And btw, i have descent PC, my net connection sux and i dont get lags in game. Why? I have no idea, maybe because my "autoexec" got some commands that fixed problems, and maybe not. All i know is that Setti's main problem are hackers, and whats the better way to get rid of them? Well, higher number of limited admins would solve the problem, but they have to be chosen wisely or its a waste of time and nerves.

half of it has no connection to this topic.
btw about the higher admin number.
Quality Over Quantity, but Quantities of Quality Wins

#26 Perplexer

Perplexer

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 668 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 02:26 PM

@ Perplexer:
Your answer is very concise, haha NOT.

Why does the amount of limited admins bother you? Does your self worth drop, as more people are allowed to ban (even if for only 2 hours)? Do lurking quiet admins like Mithrandir, HUNTER, Al1, et al bring the game and/or forum quality down or maybe its your and other reckless admins' despotism that drives people away and real cause are not the cheaters?

You are a funny one Perplexer or Mirko if you prefer, does hypocrisy bother you? No? Why do you ban skilled players instead of cheaters? You think so low of yourself, that you can't handle banter from a random keyboard warrior?

Rethorical questions for all of you my friends :)

P.S: I wanna apply for adminz plx, I don't play often, but when I do I fucking love banning everyone.

Posted Image

#27 Gringo13

Gringo13

Hell's janitor

• Members
  • 291 posts
  • Location9th Circle (still fixing the heater)

Posted 08 June 2012 - 06:59 PM

Mirko? Please tell me more

#28 Ohr

Ohr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • LocationNew Jerusalem

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:12 PM

Mirko ?? LOL :D

#29 Ghost

Ghost

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 3,640 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:34 PM

So the bottom line is: there's tons of admins on Setti, but not the right ones. And adding a 100 more the same way as they were added until now won't make any difference. No matter how many more admins are added, things will be the same, and you will always say there are no admins. This is why, in my opinion, adding limited admins should stop.

Who are the right admins?

In my opinion all the regular players who have been here for years could be admins. They are the same people who write on the forum asking for admin to join the server. They could be admins themselves so they wouldn't have to request one at the forum. I see it possible that most of the players on the server are admins. All the regulars could be admins (almost) regardless how stupid they are. That way the admins wouldn't feel so special and would probably concentrate more on the game than "being admin". Admins have kick&ban immunity against each others, so the setup would work quite nicely. They couldn't ban each others. Then there would be much less players to be banned.

The biggest problem with all the regulars being admins is that I don't know who are the regulars.

The other problem are the updates. Nice b00bs seems to be MIA and his release thread is getting neglected. How things will move on from here and how the server is gonna get updated is something Ghost will have to say.

M4Andreas contributed update to b00bs' release. The servers have been updated also.

#30 M4Andreas (GR NOOB)

M4Andreas (GR NOOB)

Master Admin ^.^

• Members
  • 1,402 posts
  • LocationAthens, Greece

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:39 PM

Yeah, there are some admins who play one day per month. I believe that they don't deserve to be admins.
(correct me if i am mistaken for somebody)

boogie woogie (but still a "regular")
de hola
diegabiksis
Gary
Gringo13
sigi

Posted Image

<span style="font-family: comic sans ms" ,="" cursive'="">"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

#31 Ghost

Ghost

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 3,640 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:29 PM

Yeah, there are some admins who play one day per month. I believe that they don't deserve to be admins.
(correct me if i am mistaken for somebody)

boogie woogie (but still a "regular")
de hola
diegabiksis
Gary
Gringo13
sigi

Cut that deserve something crap. They're admins and they'll play if they want. It's nothing away from you. What did you lose because they're admins?

#32 M4Andreas (GR NOOB)

M4Andreas (GR NOOB)

Master Admin ^.^

• Members
  • 1,402 posts
  • LocationAthens, Greece

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:51 PM

What did you lose because they're admins?

Completely nothing.
Posted Image

<span style="font-family: comic sans ms" ,="" cursive'="">"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

#33 ducky

ducky

One of us

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • Locationbehind ur mom

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:42 PM

Jesus thats what I said, ok lets go add_admin STEAM_0:1:7412952 so I can have immunity from Perplexer :D

#34 IrGeNdJeMaNd-AUT

IrGeNdJeMaNd-AUT

The Chosen One

• Members
  • 797 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:38 AM

Since when is there a ban immunity against each others? Oo

#35 Xarc

Xarc

Truck Driver

• Moderators - Minecraft admin
  • 923 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:16 AM

Since when is there a ban immunity against each others? Oo

Since from here ? ^^

#36 Mentiroso

Mentiroso

Master

• Moderators - CS admin
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 05:15 PM

i've been banned by other admins after that date Xarc, and Milky pie was banned like last week or 2 weeks ago by other admin also..so i dont think its working, or its a newly added feature

#37 Ghost

Ghost

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 3,640 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 07:05 PM

@ Mentiroso
Are you admin?

#38 Mithrandir

Mithrandir

Istari

• Moderators - CS admin
  • 476 posts
  • LocationBeleriand - Out of Middle Earth

Posted 20 June 2012 - 07:20 PM

yes he is
"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it"
Voltaire

#39 Marioc

Marioc

Master

• 1,408 posts
  • LocationAthens

Posted 20 June 2012 - 07:22 PM

@ Mentiroso
Are you admin?

Omg. I told you about him more than 5 times. <_<

#40 M4Andreas (GR NOOB)

M4Andreas (GR NOOB)

Master Admin ^.^

• Members
  • 1,402 posts
  • LocationAthens, Greece

Posted 20 June 2012 - 07:37 PM

@ Mentiroso
Are you admin?

Omg. I told you about him more than 5 times. <_<

Don't take it personally marioc. :party2:
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users