Photo

Too Much Servers

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
23 replies to this topic

Poll: Too Much Servers (38 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think De_Dust2 is overplayed?

1. Voted Yes (13 votes [34.21%])

Percentage of vote: 34.21%

2. Voted I love the map but i could use some change. (17 votes [44.74%])

Percentage of vote: 44.74%

3. No. (6 votes [15.79%])

Percentage of vote: 15.79%

4. I just can't get enough of the map. (2 votes [5.26%])

Percentage of vote: 5.26%

Do you thing some server reduction should be done at Setti?

1. Voted Yes (25 votes [65.79%])

Percentage of vote: 65.79%

2. Voted I somewhat agree with what is stated below (7 votes [18.42%])

Percentage of vote: 18.42%

3. No, everything is fine. (6 votes [15.79%])

Percentage of vote: 15.79%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Gringo13

Gringo13

Hell's janitor

• Members
  • 291 posts
  • Location9th Circle (still fixing the heater)

Posted 08 July 2012 - 11:53 PM

It's obvious, for some time now, that Setti servers are not full they are in fact empty if we take aside SettiPub3 De_Dust2 only and SettiPub4 No-Awp.

So my suggestion is this:

Reduce the number of servers to 3 and these should be:

- Setti1 (main)
- Setti2 (custom maps)
- Setti3 (No-AWP)

+ maybe deathmatch server, it might get popular again.

I know current pub3 is popular but playing dust2 over and over again, well it's getting old at least for me. I know I don't have to play there but that's the only Setti server with players these days and I doubt that that is only because Setti players love dust2.

Player pool isn't getting any bigger any time soon, so maybe 3 full or at least 3/4 full servers will attract more players.

With all these empty servers it seems like Setti is a ghost town, such a reduction might make it look like it's alive and not to mention little less admin requests/problems.

#2 triptonite

triptonite

tripping in wonderland

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 12:25 AM

agreed 100%

#3 el greco

el greco

Pro

• Moderators - CS admin
  • 320 posts
  • LocationPERU

Posted 09 July 2012 - 12:40 AM

Gringo i have to agree that a reduction or better a change in the setti servers should be made. But removing pub3, i wouldnt say it would help the situation.
it has many players which are <<dedicated>> to the server and it has its own players pool which i am afraid if u remove the server they will dissapear. anyway removing the most popular server in the setti , i find it epic wrong ( and keep deathmatch ,which may become popular again ,wtf?).
i also believe that other kind changes should be made so that the players pool would grow bigger.( i believe u know the reasons why main server is abandoned better than me).
pub2 has its regular pool of players and pub4 attracts many niewbies.also css.go has many players during the day. but main setti is always empty :confused: .
Caer estα permitido, levantarse es obligatorio

#4 Al1

Al1

Pro

• Moderators - CS admin
  • 700 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 01:17 AM

Gringo...Do not smoke marijuana when you sent a post to the forum.
Do you want to wait 30 - 40 minutes to join our one of the three full servers? :)

#5 M4Andreas (GR NOOB)

M4Andreas (GR NOOB)

Master Admin ^.^

• Members
  • 1,402 posts
  • LocationAthens, Greece

Posted 09 July 2012 - 05:47 AM

Do you want to wait 30 - 40 minutes to join our one of the three full servers? :)

No one, all admins should have extra slot :P
Posted Image

<span style="font-family: comic sans ms" ,="" cursive'="">"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

#6 Gringo13

Gringo13

Hell's janitor

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 09:16 AM

@greco
Removing pub3 won't scare ppl away, whoever plays here will continue to do so they just join pub3 because noobs are fast to jump the server which they think has supposedly the best map.
Deathmach was only optional you should have noticed I wrote 3 server plus DM just because of different game mode...

@A1
That is HIGHLY unlikely, it would be great if servers were that full. But I seriously doubt that there will be 32 regulars online at any given time for more than 30 min, because that is what you are saying. Setti servers would appear full in the server list which means noobs or ppl who don't know how to use connect command wouldn't be able to join but you knew that....

#7 BotVodka

BotVodka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 12:00 PM

I agree Dust2 only should be removoed. People alway play this map, for me it going to be boring.
Main serwer is almost empty, or often play there noobs/cheaters/temkilers.
And i think it should be full of players.
On Pub 2/4 i dont play often, so i dont care about them ;)

But DM should stay. Please get him back online.

#8 ducky

ducky

One of us

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • Locationbehind ur mom

Posted 09 July 2012 - 01:43 PM

Actually its k1ller the wannabe superlogical asshole and Ghost the changing mood bitch fault.

They started removing maps that were "inbalanced" like assault, tides, militia, prodigy, then custom maps cplstrike, season, etc that were fun to play. Adding shit abomination of map that is de_seasideresort or that de_hillside tripple chromosome 23 puked out pus.
They founded their arguments with pseudo-logical crap you can't argue with - yes k1ller you win your argument, but you lose respect and you must not have many friends in real life. Money can't buy real friends or real love.

What can you do Gringo? IMHO just 1 server is sufficient, tops 2 - effectively less lag too. Then again only the masterserver boost is interesting for administration, you and I are just free advertising.

#9 errormyname

errormyname

Besagter Lenz :)

• Moderators - CS admin
  • 166 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:08 PM

Maybe remove the pubRUS and the Deathmatch, but you can´t remove the pub3 and my favourite cs:go server guy :)

#10 Infazci_25

Infazci_25

Expert

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:10 PM

i think dust2 have the most players!

remove dust2 server isnt a good idea!

rus server can be removed!

i would suggest to remove the no awp server!
the awp is restricted but autosniper dont :unsure:

#11 breezer

breezer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 249 posts
  • LocationDublin

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:26 PM

@ duckBAG
I like that ,straight to the point no messing or butt licking , plus brave enough to say the truth to the - rotting money grabbing freak "virginHEADOFFICE" . Compliments...

@Bingo 12,854
ur right , but it's not gonna happend.

@M4Andres and A|i
launch css --> shit in each others hands , then start masturbating each other till the end of the round , and finally please post your wonderful experiences here ( with screenshots involved )
Rush 'em n00bs ...

#12 M4Andreas (GR NOOB)

M4Andreas (GR NOOB)

Master Admin ^.^

• Members
  • 1,402 posts
  • LocationAthens, Greece

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:36 PM

@M4Andres and A|i
launch css --> shit in each others hands , then start masturbating each other till the end of the round , and finally please post your wonderful experiences here ( with screenshots involved )

How to: tips from an expert guy. :clap:
Posted Image

<span style="font-family: comic sans ms" ,="" cursive'="">"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

#13 LemmingGrumpy

LemmingGrumpy

Admin

• Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 03:29 PM

Actually I would welcome the experience of suppressing server #3. Recently I have only been playing there, because setti#1 is overrun by nabs who can't tell friends from foes, ignore the meaning of the words "hostages", "bomb", "mission", etc. In other words, as a server, it is terribly uninteresting and mostly dead. Setti#3 is where most regulars are at. At least they get the basics...

So, shutting down #3 will either force regulars to come back to #1, or it will be the death blow to Setti as we know it. Of course, it is only natural that Setti should outlive its current regulars, but it would still be a pity to see Setti fall even further in terms of gameplay...

#14 Gringo13

Gringo13

Hell's janitor

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 04:04 PM

People wont just stop playing css because the map changed...

#15 el greco

el greco

Pro

• Moderators - CS admin
  • 320 posts
  • LocationPERU

Posted 09 July 2012 - 04:39 PM

People wont just stop playing css because the map changed...

yes but they still can change the server ...or rtv it
Caer estα permitido, levantarse es obligatorio

#16 LemmingGrumpy

LemmingGrumpy

Admin

• Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 05:38 PM

They won't stop playing CSS indeed... but they might just go and play somewhere else.

#17 Leopold Butters Stotch

Leopold Butters Stotch

Sir, you're grounded

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 09 July 2012 - 11:19 PM

Really? i have no idea. Just do what you want... :P

But.... i would like pub#3(i play only there) with limit to awp... it's annoying when ts camp at spawn and waiting for cts to pass through the doors of long a... -_-
Wars come and go, but my soldiers stay eternal...

#18 BotVodka

BotVodka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 11:20 PM

They won't stop playing CSS indeed... but they might just go and play somewhere else.

You play for setti only becouse is always dust2?
I play on setti, becouse i like this "team", and more people play here for the same reason.
And they will stay.

#19 Ellanios

Ellanios

Hole Stretcher

• Moderators - CS admin
  • 640 posts
  • LocationPantheon of the Hole Stretchers

Posted 13 July 2012 - 03:35 PM

Server reduction/merge is most certainly necessary.

My proposal is to make two "hybrid" servers, merging main server with pub #3 and pub #2 with pub #4.

We must also take into account that some regular players on a particular server might feel alienated
from this merge, so i came up with an idea of how the new hybrid servers structure will be.

Main server + Pub #3

This server will have main server's map list but also every second game the map will be dust2.
e.g. office->dust2->train->dust2 and so on...
Each map should be played in its full time length (rtv and nominate by player request will be disabled).
When current map is dust2 players will be able to choose the next map, but after that, next map will be dust2
no matter what...

Pub #2 + Pub #4

There is no pretty much to say, just a no-awp server with both servers map list.

About DM, well, this server it's good for training which used to have a lot of players but the lack of admins turned the server into cheater's playground.
Result: An abandoned server that not even cheaters join in.
My suggestion: Enable voteban command. I believe this will make players feel more "safe" and their training will no get disrupted by cheaters.

#20 Gringo13

Gringo13

Hell's janitor

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 06:04 PM

well now it's just too much complications... besides there are enough players for 3 servers

btw any response from the top would be nice

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users