• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Ghost

Ghost

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 3,640 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:11 PM

There's high ping kicker for laggers. Admins shouldn't need to ban laggers because they're auto-kicked.

It's stupid to get banned just because some torrent started on background or something.

EDIT:
The first post shows that the ban is only for 1440 minutes. It has expired.

#22 Sculder

Sculder

President

• 363 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:51 PM

Ping limit is too high. Gave him time to shut down all downloads for too long. So I ban him when Im around explaining why. Then hes raging at forums creating 10 threads. To end this I banned this troll permanently. When we had 120ms we kept laggers like him out. Now its CS:Portal.

quality > quantity

#23 lol

lol

Expert

• Members
  • 223 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:53 PM

You are delusional Sculder. I don't download while playing, and I don't lag. I have created 2 threads not 10, even though you have banned me 4 times now in the past week (3 for 24 hours and now permanent)

Look at the screenshot on the previous page, why haven't you banned those players too even though they have higher pings than me.

I have been playing on the almost empty setti 1 server since with the 120ms ping limit and I don't get kicked.

Like I said previously, if you don't want me on the server when you are playing then I will leave when you are there, you could have just asked me to leave before but no... you have to ban me 24 hours each time and then a permanent ban. Everything points towards the ban being for another reason. Other players have the same or higher ping than me yet they are not banned. I was playing with you for 4 hours the same day you gave me the permanent ban, but you gave it AFTER I left the server, not while playing with you. If I was lagging then why didn't you ban me?

How could it possibly get any fairer than that? You won't have to deal with my 'lag' as I'll leave when you're there and I still get to play.

#24 lol

lol

Expert

• Members
  • 223 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 18 August 2012 - 09:00 AM

I am still banned.

#25 IrGeNdJeMaNd-AUT

IrGeNdJeMaNd-AUT

The Chosen One

• Members
  • 797 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:18 AM

There's high ping kicker for laggers. Admins shouldn't need to ban laggers because they're auto-kicked.

It's stupid to get banned just because some torrent started on background or something.

EDIT:
The first post shows that the ban is only for 1440 minutes. It has expired.

Ping limit is too high. Gave him time to shut down all downloads for too long. So I ban him when Im around explaining why. Then hes raging at forums creating 10 threads. To end this I banned this troll permanently. When we had 120ms we kept laggers like him out. Now its CS:Portal.

quality > quantity

Thats how many fucks Sculder gives about your opinion Ghost.

#26 Ghost

Ghost

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 3,640 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 12:38 PM

How much the ping limit is now? Let's set it so low that high pingers are kicked automatically.

EDIT: Who locked this topic? Post it in the last post that the topic is locked and the reason if it's not clear.

#27 Heady

Heady

• Moderators - Admin
  • 2,173 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 12:39 PM

I think on Pub#3 it's 150ms, on the others it should be 120ms.

#28 lol

lol

Expert

• Members
  • 223 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 20 August 2012 - 01:59 PM

Yep its 150ms on pub3 and 120ms on the rest. Personally I think 150 is fine as some regular players on pub 3 have over 120ms but they don't lag and nobody in the server complains. The limit does work and there is still players who get kicked

120 would be okay too but I'd expect a couple people to complain.

#29 Ghost

Ghost

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 3,640 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 02:11 PM

It's 120 on all servers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users