• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#41 LemmingGrumpy

LemmingGrumpy

Admin

• Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 09:57 PM

Funky, CSS is known for having a steep learning curve. You can get "neutral" players after a few months (weeks, no way with the IQ of the people who currently join :) ), but setti needs more than that. "Regulars" (i.e. pub players with years of experience) and good players (involved in the competitive side of CSS besides pub) are the ones you need to bring on server in order to make setti interesting again.

#42 SNiPY

SNiPY

//Aggressive Gaming™

• Moderators - Admin
  • 3,534 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:10 AM

Total number of skilled players on setti: 3 or 4.

More.

@Silent sniper: you have your opinion, that's fine and dandy, but just know that some people, me included, think you have no clue what a "true admin" should be. If you don't like it here, you know the way out. I am sure you will do better with your own server.

First of all, +1 for accepting the other's opinion. Others don't even let you express your opinion.
Second, let's say you are right. Let's say i have no idea what a true admin is. I can go with that. On the other hand i know what a not good admin is. But i mentioned Mentiroso as an example of a good, helpful and true admin. And now i'm asking you to tell me if you agree with me or not. Is he or not? Is he an exemplar of a good, helpful and true admin or not?

And yes i have my own server, my clan is training there and even my other clan for the tournament, if they want too. But the idea of leaving Setti will not work. In fact there is no way out from Setti for me. And hell, i like it here and i like it a lot. To be honest i'm addicted to Setti. It's my second home and i will not leave Setti just because of a person (i don't mean you).

In conclusion all i want to say is, what's the point of being an admin and ban cheaters if you are not polite and helpful with the others.

Anyway. This conversation can go far away but no need for this. Let's remain on topic. Let's see what changes will be done by heady about the servers. I wish everything goes perfect and everyone be happy and have fun on all Setti's servers.

...you can achieve immortality, simply by doing one great thing...

#43 SNiPY

SNiPY

//Aggressive Gaming™

• Moderators - Admin
  • 3,534 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:29 AM

Funky, CSS is known for having a steep learning curve. You can get "neutral" players after a few months (weeks, no way with the IQ of the people who currently join :) ), but setti needs more than that. "Regulars" (i.e. pub players with years of experience) and good players (involved in the competitive side of CSS besides pub) are the ones you need to bring on server in order to make setti interesting again.

I agree with you. Setti needs skilled players, but where are they? And the worst is that even some of them, that Setti already had, left Setti.
I remember IrjendJemand was playing sometimes on GO4CSS server. Where is he? He has skills.
Or SyrinXeno. I haven't played with him but i have seen his gameplay. He is a skilled player. Where is he? Why he doesn't play on Setti's servers anymore?
Or Rafyy. I remember i saw a video he posted here on forum about he killed almost all the opponent team with awp like he was going shopping. He left.
And i'm sure they are more who left Setti's servers.

#44 Funky

Funky

80's D.I.S.C.O.

• Members
  • 345 posts
  • LocationReal Macedonia,Greece

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:06 AM

I think this is the best moment to mention this.Silent told me the other day that a few months ago the very famous css player Slink joined Setti's servers to play.Guess what happened.He was banned by some ''GREAT'' admin.Please don't make me say it again.

THE FIRST AND BIGGEST SETTI'S PROBLEM IS IT'S NOOB AND DUMB ADMINS.

And i ask you now Lem,let's say that 20 very skilled players join setti.How long you think they will last?Maybe half an hour before they get banned?Or less?
Don't get confused between my personality and my attitude.My personality is who i am,my attitude depends on who you are.

#45 LemmingGrumpy

LemmingGrumpy

Admin

• Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:49 AM

With a reduced number of servers, we will need less admins --> we can weed out the noobest.

With a reduced number of servers, and if we kill the d2 server, then most of the more-experienced will be back to main/classic/whatever-the-name-is --> hopefully they won't ban good players who happen to join on setti.

Reducing the setti offer is the right way to go. Merging custom and main is a good start, but killing d2 will be key.

#46 el greco

el greco

Pro

• Moderators - CS admin
  • 320 posts
  • LocationPERU

Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:46 PM

First of all happy xmas to all.
Damn i read so much nosense and crap in this post that i dont know from where to start! :P
Lets see ,reasons that main server is empty : hm i have read so many excuses in the past like bad mapcyrcle ,too many servers ,custom map server, dust2 server etc. Here is a good story for me why is empty thx to Saka :

http://css.setti.inf...729#entry81729.

@Lemm how many of the players u see in forum or the servers would be at least ok to join the main server and play (with the standards of gameplay of the old main server and the true admins as you said) . U say yourself that they fail the purposes of a noob map like dust 2 , can they really compete in other maps? So according to your suggestion u want to keep 10 players maximum i say (u said 3-4) , close all the other servers , kick all the other regulars, noobs etc from setti and start from scratch?
Do u really see this working?

@Sniper, damn i have to agree with Lemm that u are clueless in many ways .
@Funky and Sniper i see that u want to be helpfull with the revival of main setti but honestly u wouldnt be eligible to play there. :lol:
Finding skilled players and enlisting them to regulars is really hard especially for a pub server , and a game which is almost 10 years old and there is a new game to play.
Caer estα permitido, levantarse es obligatorio

#47 Funky

Funky

80's D.I.S.C.O.

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:20 PM

Greco my friend,happy christmas to you too. :)

Of course i am not a skilled player yet,i already said that some posts before.On the other way,silent is more than ready to play with skilled players.After all,in one month i am joining the Greek Special Forces so i am not going to play for 9-14 months. :)
Don't get confused between my personality and my attitude.My personality is who i am,my attitude depends on who you are.

#48 SNiPY

SNiPY

//Aggressive Gaming™

• Moderators - Admin
  • 3,534 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:31 PM

[color=#008000]el greco my friend you are right. I'm clueless in many ways. If i was registered to Setti in 2010 just like you i wouldn't be! But as you see i'm so stupid and i registered in 2012! My fault. lol

I'm not eligible to play there. Hmm. I don't think we have played together. I can't remember you. How you know how i play? Of course i can't call myself pro player but i can't call myself noob too. It's true there are many things i have to learn yet. But anyway. It doesn't matter what you really think about my gameplay, because you didn't get what i want. I don't want to play on the Main server nor i help to bring it back to life. All i would love to see is GO4CSS server alive again. That's the server i loved and the server i was playing there some months ago for about 7 hours daily. And i'm not the only one who loved that server. But i know this is not possible. So at least i would like to see the go4css maps installed on the DM server. It would be great for all of us who loved the GO4CSS server...

[color=#ff0000].:EDIT:.

Happy Xmas

#49 Heady

Heady

• Moderators - Admin
  • 2,173 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:39 PM

I simply don't think that it's a good idea to mix CSS and CSGO maps. But we could put the original server with dust and dust2 online to see what happens.

#50 SNiPY

SNiPY

//Aggressive Gaming™

• Moderators - Admin
  • 3,534 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:44 PM

I simply don't think that it's a good idea to mix CSS and CSGO maps. But we could put the original server with dust and dust2 online to see what happens.

If you do it, we will be grateful.

#51 LemmingGrumpy

LemmingGrumpy

Admin

• Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:09 PM

Here is a good story for me why is empty thx to Saka :

http://css.setti.inf...729#entry81729.

@Lemm how many of the players u see in forum or the servers would be at least ok to join the main server and play (with the standards of gameplay of the old main server and the true admins as you said) . U say yourself that they fail the purposes of a noob map like dust 2 , can they really compete in other maps? So according to your suggestion u want to keep 10 players maximum i say (u said 3-4) , close all the other servers , kick all the other regulars, noobs etc from setti and start from scratch?
Do u really see this working?

Wut? Where on earth did I propose to kick regulars?

Saka is exactly the type of player ("regular", not excellent but can really contribute to his team) that we should desperately try to keep.

On D2 there is on average of 2 to 5 "regulars", who would nicely reinforce the classic/main server (note: I believe most of them would make the transition from d2 server to main if given the choice between that option and leaving setti altogether). The rest are random noobs, some of whom will also join main if d2 is closed, and serve as cannon fodder. Let's admit the main/classic server has the same distribution in terms of skill population, then yes, the fact of closing d2 will make a difference, a positive one. Teams with 4-5 players who know what they are doing are sure better than teams with only 2 such players. Then (hopefully, because that is the rationale behind all this) you engage in a virtuous circle where better games attract better players, allow average players to become better in a shorter time, etc.

Also, DM and GG, and even AWP servers could stay or be added as they attract different kind of players, or serve as a warm-up for standard CSS play. The important point is to have one CS/DE server, no more, in order to "concentrate" whatever "skill pool" is left on setti (if any at all).

We won't get anywhere close to what setti was four years ago, but at least we give ourselves a chance to attract new good players.

#52 Renegade

Renegade

Doc.

• Moderators - CS admin
  • 477 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:46 AM

I think whatever we will do, nothing will change because this game is dying :( and people don't play anymore. Maybe thinking on how to keep the actual players would be better. Yay today i'm pessimistic :/

181076f23e09106a5c3d15fbb47a37c3.gif

#53 Funky

Funky

80's D.I.S.C.O.

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:04 AM

this game is dying

No,CSS is not going to die so soon dude.Look at CS 1.6,there are still servers and players.

today i'm pessimistic

Cheer up :D

#54 SNiPY

SNiPY

//Aggressive Gaming™

• Moderators - Admin
  • 3,534 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:21 PM

I agree with Funky. CS:S is not going to die soon. Not in the near future.

#55 Renegade

Renegade

Doc.

• Moderators - CS admin
  • 477 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:44 PM

I agree with Funky. CS:S is not going to die soon. Not in the near future.

Ok now i feel better :D

Anyway i meant the there will be less players. 

181076f23e09106a5c3d15fbb47a37c3.gif

#56 Al1

Al1

Pro

• Moderators - CS admin
  • 700 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:40 PM

I must implicate myself in this conversation, and offer the a unique solution for this case.

In order one of the servers functioned normally must have at least 100 of their regular players. We in here looking for a reason but the reasons are many.

I can see how those who discussing about the deaths of main servers are frequent guests on other servers, and very little or almost never on server1.

We will solve this problem very easily, only if we (regular players) have forgotten the other servers at some time and play only on that server.

It is logical that the other players joining the server that has more players. When you reach a certain number of players then we can
continue to play on our other servers. Do not forget, we're setti and while we exist setti will live.

Thanks.....

#57 mOE

mOE

Expert

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:41 AM

all pub servers are full of noobs even nowadays nothing changed setti was the only exception because good players werent banned

u shouldnt seek to get good players to setti cz this wont gonna happen but u should seek to get alot of players doesnt matter their skills and i think this is easy to do because this is the only decent non steam german server,other non steam servers are russians and crap ,unless everyone has bought the game since steam sold the game for pennies alot of times

i will tell u why there no high skilled players in setti anymore

1_half of those old pros who were playing in setti have grown up and stopped playing and now have better things in life to do

2_the other half got bored of pubs and switched to 5vs5

3_the new generation of players are seeking to CoD and bf games

4_the game is very old now

5_there is a new cs game out there

Posted Image

#58 Ellanios

Ellanios

Hole Stretcher

• Moderators - CS admin
  • 640 posts
  • LocationPantheon of the Hole Stretchers

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:41 AM

mOE is right on point. Each one of the five reasons he stated above are a fact that we have to accept and deal with.

So, instead of reminiscing the good old times of Setti, I suggest to try to catch up with new stuff (CS:GO).

Edit: I'm not saying to completely abandon CS:S servers, but I think it's time to move on...

#59 Sculder

Sculder

President

• 363 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:47 PM

I mangled a few thoughts on what's going on at the moment.

Two days ago I banned a wallhacker and a teamkiller. And some random admin "greek noob prpa Style" that was probably M4noob or whatever his name is. Yes, the one who got auto banned by system for using bhop scripts. I wonder what else he had there. Anyways, he said he will remove the bans cause "me and headhunterz trying to talk with people not just ban". At saturday evening there was literally only bots left and wallhacker 3v3. bots_vs_tk_wh momomonster tournament.

All this effort in cosmetics like SM plugin that doesn't changed a thing. All I see is same dust2 just with less players with less brains. Recommendations to leave one main server are ignored. Which I believe could attract more skilled players like masterx, mellekko, zbang, burek, breezer maybe even Gen or b00bs. But hunt0rz so deep in Ghosts ass that he doesn't see the light anymore. Trend to use CAPS writing down nick is increasing. There is even one guy at forums who uses bold text (always) and his nick all caps. Scares me. Fresh nubadmins bans 5 year old regular cause he said something in chat. The same players who made threads "banned for no reason" not long ago themselves.

There is new players who can tell the difference from up and down. Greets to Milky, FakeDeath and Joker. Who are better than good. But I guess they're getting old now:) Most players are a joke.

Think I had enough of dust2 in my life.

#60 SNiPY

SNiPY

//Aggressive Gaming™

• Moderators - Admin
  • 3,534 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:31 PM

Sculder what prevents you from referring my nick? Anyway. You referred about me, so i will reply.

First of all, about the 2 guys who got banned things didn't happen just like you mentioned. And at least he specs before he bans and i totally agree with what he said you. Check a topic made by me HERE at the day you banned me and check Andreas post. Well, check all posts so to find out what opinion have all these guys about your actions.

SM plugin didn't change anything? Really? Do you log in SourceBans at all, so to check how many players are banned for Eye Angles Violation by SMAC? And yea. You are the only player with brain...

About heady, i don't know what problem you have with him too and i don't really care. But i believe he is far better head admin than you. Anyway. heady probably will mention his own things about this later when he see it.

And here is the point you mention me. (^^,)

About my bold text and my nick, hahaha nice irony. I really liked it. Yea i always use bold text and my nick with caps on because that's how i like it. If my bold texts and my nick "scare" you, then don't look my posts and my profile more than 1 minute.

About the admin who banned a 5 year old regular cause he said something on chat, why don't you mention his name so we all discuss about it?

I don't know much about the other 2 you mentioned, but i know Joker he is not getting old. About the most players who are a joke, it depends on who players you are talking about.

Congratulations for your first place with 40 kills.  :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users