67 replies to this topic

#41 errormyname

errormyname

Besagter Lenz :)

• Moderators - CS admin
  • 166 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:05 PM

Ok, I received the headset yesterday and I "tested" today for a couple of hours on various applications.

I'm a little annoyed with two things the weight and the design, especially from the equal weight distribution, it's not equal at all!! All the weight is focused on the center pad, which after a couple of hours wearing them I fell like I'm having a hole in the center of my head. I'm thinking to rip off the pads on the headband and replace it with some foam pillow or smth.

Soundwise, this headset produces very good sound, even at higher volume level the sound doesn't lose its clarity. The bass is very good, at least for my demands, other may find not as "booming" as they like it. But I tested on a various heavy bass rap and DnB songs and, I'm satisfied with the subwoofer's perfomance.

Concerning the surround sound, even though I haven't test this thouroughly, (just watched some 5.1 surround sound tests on YT), I was able to localize every sound quite easlily. Although, on css I wasn't able to enjoy that advantage. :( I don't know maybe I need to change some configurations...

Did u change the Sound in CSS too? u have to set it to 5.1 or 7.1 :)

Ähm, I set the sound in css at headphone not 5.1 or even 7.1

#42 P_W_S Marcello

P_W_S Marcello

Setti Housetroll

• Members
  • 662 posts
  • LocationLol i dunno, never left my room

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:08 PM

Ok, I received the headset yesterday and I "tested" today for a couple of hours on various applications.

I'm a little annoyed with two things the weight and the design, especially from the equal weight distribution, it's not equal at all!! All the weight is focused on the center pad, which after a couple of hours wearing them I fell like I'm having a hole in the center of my head. I'm thinking to rip off the pads on the headband and replace it with some foam pillow or smth.

Soundwise, this headset produces very good sound, even at higher volume level the sound doesn't lose its clarity. The bass is very good, at least for my demands, other may find not as "booming" as they like it. But I tested on a various heavy bass rap and DnB songs and, I'm satisfied with the subwoofer's perfomance.

Concerning the surround sound, even though I haven't test this thouroughly, (just watched some 5.1 surround sound tests on YT), I was able to localize every sound quite easlily. Although, on css I wasn't able to enjoy that advantage. :( I don't know maybe I need to change some configurations...

But he has a Surround HEadset so he has to do it :P

#43 errormyname

errormyname

Besagter Lenz :)

• Moderators - CS admin
  • 166 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:13 PM

So you didn´t read my 1st post here, I use 7.1 headset :P :D
And I use headphone ingame and the sound and enemy detection is perfect ;)

#44 Heady

Heady

• Moderators - Admin
  • 2,173 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:15 PM

I'm waiting for the moment when you realize that the pros use stereo headsets :whistling:

#45 P_W_S Marcello

P_W_S Marcello

Setti Housetroll

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:16 PM

So you didn´t read my 1st post here, I use 7.1 headset :P :D
And I use headphone ingame and the sound and enemy detection is perfect ;)

Then u use it wrong ;) If u dont set css on 7.1/5.1 it wotn create the surround sound so that u will only hear stereo sound :P Just think a bit logical ;) How should the Headphones know it is surround sound when they onyl get stereo from the game :P

#46 P_W_S Marcello

P_W_S Marcello

Setti Housetroll

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:17 PM

I'm waiting for the moment when you realize that the pros use stereo headsets :whistling:

These are not the moments you are looking for

#47 Heady

Heady

• Moderators - Admin
  • 2,173 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:18 PM

It's a fact.

#48 P_W_S Marcello

P_W_S Marcello

Setti Housetroll

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:21 PM

It's a fact.

Do i look like i give a fact?

#49 Heady

Heady

• Moderators - Admin
  • 2,173 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:23 PM

Do i look like i give a fact?

Well..

#50 P_W_S Marcello

P_W_S Marcello

Setti Housetroll

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:26 PM

Oh and btw, do i look like a Pro? ;)

#51 P_W_S Marcello

P_W_S Marcello

Setti Housetroll

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:50 PM

myname what if we just let Ellanios decie if i fixed his problem? ;)

#52 Mentiroso

Mentiroso

Master

• Moderators - CS admin
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:55 PM

source engine doesnt have up/down surround capabilities only left/right, which is the main one you get from using these headsets, but you can also do it with stereo headsets, there are some demonstrations of this with the UT engine.

i say send them back and get siberia v2, stereo 50mm drivers.. same price +/-

#53 P_W_S Marcello

P_W_S Marcello

Setti Housetroll

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:02 PM

source engine doesnt have up/down surround capabilities only left/right, which is the main one you get from using these headsets, but you can also do it with stereo headsets, there are some demonstrations of this with the UT engine.

i say send them back and get siberia v2, stereo 50mm drivers.. same price +/-

It doesnt have Up/down thats right. But it also has forward/backward ;) Up/down is useless, i think u know when an enemy is above ur head :P

#54 Mentiroso

Mentiroso

Master

• Moderators - CS admin
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:02 AM

no, its not useless, on a map where you have same floor (floor sound) on 2+ places with different heights, it makes the difference between pre-aiming to the right place or not, example, if you walk on catwalk on dd2 it sounds like tiles, if you walk on sand it sounds like sand, but, if you walk on the ledge it actually sounds like sand and not tiles, so if you run there people will aim low as if you were walking down on sand, but you are infact up there on catwalk.

#55 Heady

Heady

• Moderators - Admin
  • 2,173 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:29 AM

no, its not useless, on a map where you have same floor (floor sound) on 2+ places with different heights, it makes the difference between pre-aiming to the right place or not, example, if you walk on catwalk on dd2 it sounds like tiles, if you walk on sand it sounds like sand, but, if you walk on the ledge it actually sounds like sand and not tiles, so if you run there people will aim low as if you were walking down on sand, but you are infact up there on catwalk.

You are confusing him :lol:

#56 P_W_S Marcello

P_W_S Marcello

Setti Housetroll

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:39 AM

Well i never had problems detecting people ;) And if Short and Long is covered, I am pretty sure they have to come from ctwalk ;P

#57 Mentiroso

Mentiroso

Master

• Moderators - CS admin
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:07 AM

ye,well on setti you don't really need sound atm, just wait for 10 seconds and they come running and jumping to you with p90.

p.s.: catwalk and short -> same place

#58 Heady

Heady

• Moderators - Admin
  • 2,173 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:09 PM

they come running and jumping to you with p90.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

#59 P_W_S Marcello

P_W_S Marcello

Setti Housetroll

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:56 PM

p.s.: catwalk and short -> same place

Thank u for the info my lord and savior!

#60 Ellanios

Ellanios

Hole Stretcher

• Moderators - CS admin
  • 640 posts
  • LocationPantheon of the Hole Stretchers

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:47 PM

Exactly as I thought...

Mentiroso is right, css doesn't support surround sound. Why these nabs on Valve have the 5.1 and 7.1 options in the audio options? :S

Anyways, I tested the surround shit on cs:go and it's awesome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users