• This topic is locked This topic is locked
17 replies to this topic

#1 Xevax Tavax

Xevax Tavax

Regular

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 06:58 PM

Ok, so this thread is mainly for k1ller and Ghost, but I would appreciate some opinions from the others.

So, my one and only question is: is perplexer still paying for the server? If that's a confidential info, you can send me a pm. After almost 4 years of playing, I think I deserve that.

I guess most of you know me. I'm not a troublemaker here, being 25 and working a lot, Setti is one of my main recreation activities. I don't play anywhere else, and I don't treat the game seriously - you never hear me calling the others noobs, bots, arguing and whining. I never had any issues with admins, and after a while, I accepted the server's atmoshpere, as it is, including perplexer, with who I had nothing to do.

So what happened today (was around 8 pm, u can check the demo): on inferno, after a few rounds, I bought an awp as a CT, and rushed left to the commonly used spot. After a few seconds, Perp TKed me with a tmp, which was followed by an immediate slay. Then he said 'idiot', I replied with 'wtf'. Then in a short while, I got kicked. After logging back, I said: 'this will go to forums', then perp banned me immediately. That was the point where I got mad (it happens to me very, very rarely), so I simply changed my ip and got back. Well, with a clear head, I would be sure that after that I get a perm ban, but then I wasn't thinking... and ofc I got it from perp after a few minutes of playing.

Now what is my concern - after several topics, complaints, issues and perm bans, this man, probably with some mental problems (it's not my opinion only, ask the players) is still having admin rights. If he's paying for the server, then I totally understand why you never took action against his behavior.

But if he's not, then, for god's sake, why can't you simply stop him from abusing admin rights all the time?! And please do not answer with meaningless replies, like "you shouldn't change your IP after that", because you know exactly that IT IS NOT THE ISSUE.

I just can't imagine, what else (besides money) can be the reason that he's raging freely and ruining the game of dozens of players, without any consequences. Even myself, who - as I said - never made any trouble to anyone.

Regards,
Xevax Tavax

#2 LemmingGrumpy

LemmingGrumpy

Admin

• Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 07:36 PM

The lord works in mysterious ways, and so do Setti full admins.

Accept your fate, there is sweet fuck all you can do about it.

And I am sure that, if one looks at the demo, one will find that you were guilty of one of the following deadly sins:

1) You knifed the fat one while he was AWPing.
2) You AWPed the fat one while he was AWPing.
3) You killed (with any weapon) the fat one while he was AWPing.
4) You blocked the fat one more than a tenth of a second when he tried to get in position to AWP (shudder)
5) You tried to communicate with the fat one, or wrote his name in teamchat.
6) You complained about the fat one camping as CT instead of trying to defuse/rescue.
7) You complained about the fat one camping as CT instead of trying to defuse/rescue.
8) You complained about the fat one camping as CT instead of trying to defuse/rescue.
9) You complained about the fat one camping as CT instead of trying to defuse/rescue.
10) You complained about the fat one camping as CT instead of trying to defuse/rescue.

Now, did I cover every possible situation? No, there is one more "classic":

11) You complained about the fat one banning players who are regulars, too good for him (Gen* especially :grin: ), and generally do not treat the game as more than a game.

There, I think that should cover most of the recent occurences of the "random perp banhammer".

So... If you want to stay in game... do NOT attempt to communicate with the fat one. Do not speak his name, even under your breath. You never know...

Oh yeah, and if you want rational explanations... err, just don't waste your time waiting. Ghost and k1ller seem pretty rational dudes, so they must have their reasons, but I guess they also have better things to do than justifying themselves about THEIR server on the forums. They pay, they can do whatever they frickin' please with Setti. Regarding the situation with perp, it sucks, but... such is life. :sad: <_<

Grunskilled

PS: calling perp "the fat one" is hardly bashing. As he pointed out himself many times, we can only make a mental picture of him through the "hints" (often contradictory) that he drops in-game about himself. Because of this, urban legend or not, most of us regulars picture him as a fat turkey. So, don't consider my name-calling nasty, it is just "perplexed".

#3 Ghost

Ghost

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 08:17 PM

Make a movie about it. I don't like to waste time looking demos where I don't see anything special. In the past I watched more demos, but then I learned players always say "no reason".

For example install Fraps and then record the good parts. Then use for example VirtualDub to make a compressed video. Apparently Windows Movie Maker works too because there are so many videos made with it.

#4 breezer

breezer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 249 posts
  • LocationDublin

Posted 08 June 2010 - 08:51 PM

@Xevax bud there was tons of post about "the fat One" ( u can write 1000pages book )and nothing's changed , I don't wanna disappoint you my friend ,but it'll stay that way ,if u don't believe me ask other 100 setti regulars they'll confirm it.
Good luck Xevax u know that I'm with u ;)
Rush 'em n00bs ...

#5 koti

koti

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 09:55 PM

Make a movie about it. I don't like to waste time looking demos where I don't see anything special. In the past I watched more demos, but then I learned players always say "no reason".

For example install Fraps and then record the good parts. Then use for example VirtualDub to make a compressed video. Apparently Windows Movie Maker works too because there are so many videos made with it.

same answer as always..

Tavax like i told you, dont bother writing here, no point.

#6 b00bs

b00bs

Wickedsick Member

• Members
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 12:24 AM

Video: xevax.avi , bad score got on his nerves :D

#7 Ghost

Ghost

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 06:59 AM

OK. Seems like a bad day. The ban is removed.

#8 k1ller

k1ller

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 4,250 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 07:09 AM

Make a movie about it.

same answer as always..

Tavax like i told you, dont bother writing here, no point.

You wrote what Ghost suggested but I don't think you understood what you wrote.

Video: xevax.avi , bad score got on his nerves

:shock:
Posted Image

#9 Xevax Tavax

Xevax Tavax

Regular

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 07:49 AM

Thanks for the vid b00bs. Well, I'm not surprised - after making a thread, explaining the problem, proving it with a demo and a video, we're still getting the answer 'he had a bad day'. Again my problem wasn't the ban, because I just don't fucking care. I wanted to know what is the reason you let this guy raging around, thus making the server unplayable sometimes. It's worse than having russian cheaters online - you can kill them, but you can't do anything with perp. And again, I see absolutely NO BENEFITS of having him as an admin, except if there are financial reasons, ofc.

Thanks guys for the comments, I guess I'll just stay silent, and if Perp TK-s me randomly, I will forgive him and keep playing..

#10 breezer

breezer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 249 posts
  • LocationDublin

Posted 09 June 2010 - 08:46 AM

Thanks guys for the comments, I guess I'll just stay silent, and if Perp TK-s me randomly, I will forgive him and keep playing..

@Xevax there's always a better solution !:
1. Quit the game when "the bum" joins.
2. Don't join the game if "the bum" is online.
@Perplexer get a life ,go outside get some fresh air ,ride ur weelchair ( we know that there's nobody to do it for u ).This is not our fault that after 600 online hours u can't reach Rank 1.
Rush 'em n00bs ...

#11 Perplexer

Perplexer

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 668 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 09:15 AM

Alright I need to step in here cause you obviously didn't figure it out and I can't let this end without you learning anything from it. You positioned your noob AWP ass right in the path to the door where we rushed, thus blocking my rush. The video shows it clearly. That's why I TKed you. The rest you basically did to yourself as you already know. When AWPing there, stand back to the wall on the left.

#12 Ghost

Ghost

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 09:20 AM

We need to create a rule book for this kind of incidents. I hate it too when idiots move to wrong places in the beginning.

#13 breezer

breezer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 249 posts
  • LocationDublin

Posted 09 June 2010 - 10:14 AM

You positioned your noob AWP ass right in the path to the door where we rushed, thus blocking my rush. The video shows it clearly. That's why I TKed you. The rest you basically did to yourself as you already know. When AWPing there, stand back to the wall on the left.

:grin: :grin: :grin: Gosh Perplexer give me a brake ,ur rush? to where? To the house ?and ends there?If u wanted u could easily pass him!
Perplexer if I tk him for blocking my rush ,people would understand me that I was really rushing(including Xevax),but YOUR RUSH !?! :grin: :grin: ? I sincerely doubt that u were rushing , it's just another lame excuse to tk someone cos crappy score u've got.
Rush 'em n00bs ...

#14 Mpixtis

Mpixtis

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 10:42 AM

Someone blocked your rush? Tell him so. Your rush for the round is ruined anyway (what a horror...), but a regular will understand and not do it again next round. TK him out of rage like you did, and you both miss the rest of the round. Then, by abusing your admin rights you create all this mess.

Did you prove something to someone? You could have done it better by using team chat.
Did you prove something to yourself? Trickier answer here...

Ghost and k1ller are not newbies. They keep this server up and running for more than 5 years. They weigh the pros and cons of keeping and admin like Perplexer around. The rest of us can see the obvious pros and the obvious cons of Perp's presence, but that may not be the whole picture and the financial details of the server could well be the deciding factor. If that is the case, nothing will change unless his behavior starts being bad for business.

Xevy man, it's not worth it. I'm certain that in your job you daily handle more responsibilities than administrating a game server (and you get paid for it, not the other way round), no need to get upset over this. When the game stops to be fun, we press F10 and go find our fun elsewhere :cool:

#15 Duckkiller_KACSA!

Duckkiller_KACSA!

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 01:23 PM

LoL dudes. Get a real life with real problems. :D :P Perp is an ass, no surprise here. :twisted:

#16 Perplexer

Perplexer

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 668 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 01:37 PM

What had more effect ? Me telling this one single noob who yelled out "WTF" after he got killed, proving he had no idea what was wrong, or having the issue appear on this forum where all the players can read about it and even watch the video ? You little noob will never get the big picture.

#17 Nemes

Nemes

Regular

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 01:44 PM

What had more effect ? Me telling this one single noob who yelled out "WTF" after he got killed, proving he had no idea what was wrong, or having the issue appear on this forum where all the players can read about it and even watch the video ? You little noob will never get the big picture.

nice avatar picture. lol idiot

#18 Perplexer

Perplexer

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 668 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 01:54 PM

Isn't it scary. RAWR! An avatar should always reflect one's personality. Haha.

See you in the next thread.

* CLOSED *

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users