#261 SNiPY

SNiPY

//Aggressive Gaming™

• Moderators - Admin
  • 3,534 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 03 October 2014 - 11:17 AM

Hello Sniper,

Where should I submit my server in order to appear on game browser ? I am trying to submit on Setti but it's not working. I receive the message: "Steaerro" or something....

I have a steam server cracked with Revemu exactly as you said here on your last post (september, 14).

Thanks in advance!
Hi.
Open the server.cfg file with notepad. Search for the "sv_tags" command. If exists, check what follows after the command. If it doesn't exist, type the command in a new line. For example: sv_tags "no-steam,dm,low-ping"
Then, save the server.cfg file and restart your server.

Our master server has some issues and the submission doesn't work properly. But if you Google a bit, you will find other master servers as well.

...you can achieve immortality, simply by doing one great thing...

#262 rollerdyke44

rollerdyke44

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 09:39 PM

Hi

I joined this forum for you. First, thanks for the detailed tutorial

I downloaded the parts and followed EVERYTHING to the letter. Even refering to the pics to make sure i did not make a mistake.

however, i still get the steam validation error rejected. I used the latest versions of metamod, rev emu and the third thing (source mod i think). The updater gave NO errors. 

One more thing. If i run steam (even if i dont login) the server is made. However, if steam is completely closed, i get the error that steam library not found running on lan only.

Please help!!

#263 SNiPY

SNiPY

//Aggressive Gaming™

• Moderators - Admin
  • 3,534 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 22 October 2014 - 07:27 AM

Hi buddy!

Did you check the FAQ? I have mentioned the steam validation rejected issue and some solutions for it there.

About the land mode only issue, restart your server. That issue usually happens on the first start of the server and it is common on Win 7 OS. And NEVER run Steam when you are running patched client and/or server.

#264 rollerdyke44

rollerdyke44

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 09:14 AM

Hi buddy!

Did you check the FAQ? I have mentioned the steam validation rejected issue and some solutions for it there.

About the land mode only issue, restart your server. That issue usually happens on the first start of the server and it is common on Win 7 OS. And NEVER run Steam when you are running patched client and/or server.

yes i replied after reading the faq.   :P

And I closed steam and tried to make the server 10 times, get an error everytime that library failed. However, if i run steam then server starts without any error but I get steam validation rejected. If steam is not running, then i get the steam library error even after many times.

Should i remove steam because its causing issue. Will that work?

#265 SNiPY

SNiPY

//Aggressive Gaming™

• Moderators - Admin
  • 3,534 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 22 October 2014 - 09:26 AM

I don't think uninstalling Steam will solve the issue. I remember I had Steam installed to but I hadn't that issue. I just had Steam off. But if you wanna try it, do it. Who knows maybe it will solve the issue. In the meanwhile I will try to find a solution.

EDIT:
Update the Steam client that is installed on the same machine as your server. Then check if that worked. If it did, report it here so I add it in the FAQ.

#266 rollerdyke44

rollerdyke44

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 02:59 PM

I don't think uninstalling Steam will solve the issue. I remember I had Steam installed to but I hadn't that issue. I just had Steam off. But if you wanna try it, do it. Who knows maybe it will solve the issue. In the meanwhile I will try to find a solution.

EDIT:
Update the Steam client that is installed on the same machine as your server. Then check if that worked. If it did, report it here so I add it in the FAQ.

hi. I fixed the problem. You can add this in faq

I closed steam. Ran server then i got error that steam library failed to load. Then type quit in the window and the server closes.

open command prompt (open run (WIN+R) and type cmd and type

reg delete HKCU\Software\Valve\Steam\ActiveProcess /f "

Without quotes.

Then restart your PC and try again. It should work :)

btw, now I have a question. How do i make myself admin? I can not get steam ID like you mentioned in the comments becasue when i type "status" in console on a online server I get kicked with 'metamod' server violation. Any other way to get the steamID/make myself the server admin ??
psst... I dont have legit css :P

And another thing, is it possible that I host a server and join the game from the same PC?

btw, thanks for your quick responses :D

#267 SNiPY

SNiPY

//Aggressive Gaming™

• Moderators - Admin
  • 3,534 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:52 PM

Weird. Look the "4.c" at the end of the FAQ. The only difference is that I say "reg add" while you say "reg delete" and that I say people type this in the server.cfg file while you typed it in CMD. The way is mentioned in FAQ is recommended by the developer of the patch. Anyway. At least it worked. That matters. :)

About the status issue, I don't understand the reason you get that error. You shouldn't. Anyway. Why don't you try to do it in your server? Run your server, connect to it, open the console and type the command.

I think you will have no issue if you run client and server on the same machine. If you will, we will see what we can do. ;)

You are welcome. :D

#268 rollerdyke44

rollerdyke44

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 06:46 PM

Weird. Look the "4.c" at the end of the FAQ. The only difference is that I say "reg add" while you say "reg delete" and that I say people type this in the server.cfg file while you typed it in CMD. The way is mentioned in FAQ is recommended by the developer of the patch. Anyway. At least it worked. That matters. :)

About the status issue, I don't understand the reason you get that error. You shouldn't. Anyway. Why don't you try to do it in your server? Run your server, connect to it, open the console and type the command.

I think you will have no issue if you run client and server on the same machine. If you will, we will see what we can do. ;)

You are welcome. :D

oh okay. I will try soon and get back again

And once more, thanks a lot for your help :D :D :D

#269 Heady

Heady

• Moderators - Admin
  • 2,173 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 07:25 PM

Weird. Look the "4.c" at the end of the FAQ. The only difference is that I say "reg add" while you say "reg delete" and that I say people type this in the server.cfg file while you typed it in CMD.

(bat file, not server.cfg) :)

#270 SNiPY

SNiPY

//Aggressive Gaming™

• Moderators - Admin
  • 3,534 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 22 October 2014 - 07:34 PM

Oh crap. I have been so tired today that I don't even know what I'm saying.. :s

That's right. Thanks a lot heady. :)

rollerdyke44 I wanted to say the "SRCDS Launcher.bat" file. I hope my mistake didn't cause you any issue. :/

#271 rollerdyke44

rollerdyke44

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 08:32 PM

Weird. Look the "4.c" at the end of the FAQ. The only difference is that I say "reg add" while you say "reg delete" and that I say people type this in the server.cfg file while you typed it in CMD.

(bat file, not server.cfg) :)

thanks!

Oh crap. I have been so tired today that I don't even know what I'm saying.. :s

That's right. Thanks a lot heady. :)

rollerdyke44 I wanted to say the "SRCDS Launcher.bat" file. I hope my mistake didn't cause you any issue. :/

haha all is fine, thanks :P

and now, i got another issue.

i got my steamID (playing on my server as you suggested) and enter it in the admins.cfg file. However the server crashes as soon as I enter the game. So i change the steamid in admins.cfg to random numbers and it works fine

Secondly, how to I get permission to use the !vootemap command? I have already setup the plugin including the cfg file. The map changer is working as it asks automatically before the last round ends! But if i type !votemap in chat, i get you do not have permission to use this

sorry for bothering you too much with my questions lol

Thanks!!

#272 SNiPY

SNiPY

//Aggressive Gaming™

• Moderators - Admin
  • 3,534 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 24 October 2014 - 06:22 AM

But if you put radom numbers you will not have admin rights. And that's because the SteamID you typed isn't yours and generally it's false. Type your unique SteamID again and I think I have a solution about the crash.

1) Go here: "\cstrike\addons\sourcemod\configs"
2) Open the core.cfg with notepad.
3) Press Ctrl + F and search for this: "SteamAuthstringValidation"
4) Check the value it is set to. If it is set to "yes", change it to "no".
5) Save the file, restart your server and check if that solved the issue. If it did, report here. ;)

About the !votemap, hmm.. I think there is something wrong in the plugin's cfg. Not because you have set wrong SteamID in the admins.cfg file, but because everyone in the server should have access in this command. So! Could you post here the content of the plugin's cfg so I check it?

Don't be sorry and you are not bothering me. I made this release and it's my pleasure to help every and each one of you about whatever you need. If I didn't want questions, I would have locked the topic. :)

#273 rollerdyke44

rollerdyke44

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 12:44 PM

But if you put radom numbers you will not have admin rights. And that's because the SteamID you typed isn't yours and generally it's false. Type your unique SteamID again and I think I have a solution about the crash.

1) Go here: "\cstrike\addons\sourcemod\configs"
2) Open the core.cfg with notepad.
3) Press Ctrl + F and search for this: "SteamAuthstringValidation"
4) Check the value it is set to. If it is set to "yes", change it to "no".
5) Save the file, restart your server and check if that solved the issue. If it did, report here. ;)

About the !votemap, hmm.. I think there is something wrong in the plugin's cfg. Not because you have set wrong SteamID in the admins.cfg file, but because everyone in the server should have access in this command. So! Could you post here the content of the plugin's cfg so I check it?

Don't be sorry and you are not bothering me. I made this release and it's my pleasure to help every and each one of you about whatever you need. If I didn't want questions, I would have locked the topic. :)
Hi

Thanks it works! :D and the problem with votemap was also fixed by me being an admin.

Now, i can not install plugins. I want to try this one
https://forums.allie...d.php?p=1473145

I paste the .smx file in sourcemod > plugins and then i join the game, go to console and type "sm plugins load sm_soccermod" and it gives error failed to load. I try the same way with CSS DM mod and get the same error.
However, I am able to load the default plugins using the same method (eg after writing "sm plugins load funvotes" i get the message that loaded successfully) however only the third party plugins give error

Is there any setting in the sourcemod which disables the plugins by default?

And sourcemod is working fine because I can access "!sm_Admin" from help and whien i type "meta list" in console, sourcemod is loaded.

#274 SNiPY

SNiPY

//Aggressive Gaming™

• Moderators - Admin
  • 3,534 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 24 October 2014 - 02:52 PM

Did you use any specific plugin for votemap or the included by sourcemod basevotes.smx plugin?

About the soccermod plugin would you mind to create a new topic about it, since that issue isn't related to the release and the plugins that it contains?

If you want some plugins to be disabled by default, you put them in the "disabled" folder. And I suggest you every time before you install a plugin, turn off your server, install the plugin you want and finally restart your server.

#275 rollerdyke44

rollerdyke44

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 08:24 AM

Did you use any specific plugin for votemap or the included by sourcemod basevotes.smx plugin?

About the soccermod plugin would you mind to create a new topic about it, since that issue isn't related to the release and the plugins that it contains?

If you want some plugins to be disabled by default, you put them in the "disabled" folder. And I suggest you every time before you install a plugin, turn off your server, install the plugin you want and finally restart your server.

No I used the default one.

No 3rd party plugins are working. I will make another thread

Thanks for the help on this thread lol

#276 SNiPY

SNiPY

//Aggressive Gaming™

• Moderators - Admin
  • 3,534 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 25 October 2014 - 08:33 AM

OK. Then you will have to configure it so players who are not admins can access the voting commands too. Otherwise they will not. Except if you don't want that.

Good. Thanks. :)

You are welcome. ;)

#277 rollerdyke44

rollerdyke44

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 04:27 PM

OK. Then you will have to configure it so players who are not admins can access the voting commands too. Otherwise they will not. Except if you don't want that.

Good. Thanks. :)

You are welcome. ;)

admin gets voting right is what I wanted. Thanks again for your help

and if possible, can you help identify the plugin problem I posted here http://css.setti.inf...-not-working/?

Thanks!!

#278 SNiPY

SNiPY

//Aggressive Gaming™

• Moderators - Admin
  • 3,534 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 27 October 2014 - 09:24 PM

Uploaded.net mirror download links have been added.

#279 1Example

1Example

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 12:33 AM

HI setti comunity, i have a problem. I own a hosted server on linux and i can't make it to work non-steam, any help ? (I uploaded revEmu on host but still give Steam Validation Rejected error)

Sorry if i post in wrong section !

#280 SNiPY

SNiPY

//Aggressive Gaming™

• Moderators - Admin
  • 3,534 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 06 November 2014 - 05:08 PM

Hi.
Are you sure you installed RevEmu correctly? If you want post here where you have placed each file of RevEmu so i check it.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: release, counter strike source, server, setti, steam, updater, csgo, css, nosteam

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users