New CSS update

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#21 Gringo13

Gringo13

Hell's janitor

• Members
  • 291 posts
  • Location9th Circle (still fixing the heater)

Posted 16 July 2010 - 06:24 PM

HAHA 2pac proving hes retardness jet again haahah

#22 backis13

backis13

Expert

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 10:22 PM

Server is empty all day long but remember my words, when first cheats come up will be full again.

#23 Ghost

Ghost

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 3,640 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 10:39 PM

16k money isn't default for u T.

#24 Guest_Ruben Aguiar

Guest_Ruben Aguiar
  • Guests

Posted 16 July 2010 - 11:33 PM

sry guys failed
here is the link : http://cs.rin.ru/for...hp?f=32&t=56724

.#SoC|ownstarr
.#SoC|Surf Server --> 83.169.14.168:27017

I've downloaded this new update and it can't find the setti servers..

why :(:(

#25 TupaC

TupaC

One of us

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 04:48 AM

16k money isn't default for u T.

Aha I got that.

#26 b00bs

b00bs

Wickedsick Member

• Members
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 05:29 AM

I've downloaded this new update and it can't find the setti servers..

why :(:(

download this one http://css.setti.inf...ge-box-nosteam/ and u will have setti servers on main window.

#27 Guest_taintedboy

Guest_taintedboy
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2010 - 10:33 PM

i downloaded and copy files to css folder but whhen i click css shortcut it says "tier0.dll could not found" how could i fix it?

#28 b00bs

b00bs

Wickedsick Member

• Members
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 11:25 PM

i downloaded and copy files to css folder but whhen i click css shortcut it says "tier0.dll could not found" how could i fix it?

it's new game dont copy files to your old css folder

#29 ticon

ticon

Regular

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 06:38 AM

Noobs stop using cracked version if its tooo hard to handle, buy steamversion for about 20€ and stay up2date automatically (sometimes special offers 5€)!!

Maybe Valve can employ some more programmers/gamedesigners/... for releasing better updates then :mrgreen:

Btw, is it possible that cracked version and steam version don't work 100% together on one pc? Sometimes I got errors by switching between them and I have to restart my pc... anyone else got that problem by using both of them?

#30 Ghost

Ghost

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 3,640 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 06:43 AM

I've had problems running different versions. Closing Steam helped always. The small icon in the notification bar must be closed too.

#31 CC:)

CC:)

• Members
  • 346 posts
  • LocationMoscow, RU

Posted 19 July 2010 - 07:48 AM

Noobs stop using cracked version if its tooo hard to handle, buy steamversion for about 20€ and stay up2date automatically (sometimes special offers 5€)!!

Why so expensive? We have here in shops 150-250 rub (~Euro 4-6/legit Steam+2 bonus games from Valve). CSS is an old game, shouldnt be Euro 20. Thats stupid when old games are sold at the price of new games IMHO.

BTW. I have two installed CSS, one on C another one on D disk, Have no problems when both running during one time. Only one problem occured recently after steam's update, my cracked game doesnt emulate new steam ID every reload, it got somehow legit Steam ID 0:0:xxxxxxxx and it is not changed any more even after turning laptop off. That's was surprise for me really, coz i know i always got different steam account every reload.
We must protect the forest for those who can’t speak.

#32 ticon

ticon

Regular

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 08:00 AM

CSS is an old game, shouldnt be Euro 20

You are right, but in my Steam-shop it's sold for 19.99 € exactly, maybe 'cause in western Europe PC-gamers seem to be rich :mrgreen:

I bought it 2 or 3 years ago for 10€ in Steam-Shop. Maybe they rise and lower the price on market demand!

And back to my CSS prob, it just appears when I play with Steam, then quit (just game), play with DZ-release(not updated), quit, and then start Steam-version. Then I can't find any server and can't connect to IPs. And this just appeares since the BIG Css update, there was everything ok before.

#33 CC:)

CC:)

• Members
  • 346 posts
  • LocationMoscow, RU

Posted 19 July 2010 - 08:31 AM

@ticon

I have heard that Eastern Europe is not in good condition like Russia too. I think same level. Why you should pay more? We russians dont buy from Steam-shop, coz dont use electronic money + games there are really expensive: around Euro 40 for new game. Usually russians buy soft in supermarket or special shop in the city for cash.

And back to that prob, so your cracked game is also changed? That means that update influence somehow to files of cracked ver too... Maybe we have to make files and directories write-protective (read-only files)?
We must protect the forest for those who can’t speak.

#34 k1ller

k1ller

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 4,250 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 08:36 AM

I guess that both Steam and the game store information in Windows registry. That way when you start either Steam or the standalone game they can mess up the data in the registry.

Start -> Run -> regedit.exe -> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Valve\Steam -> here seems to be lots of stuff about accounts and etc. Although "non-steam" has the "non" in the name it can still read registry from the same place. Do not edit registry!

I notice this usually when I change name in Steam and the same name is in use in the standalone release as well.
Posted Image

#35 ticon

ticon

Regular

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 08:40 AM

No, cracked version is always fine, only the Steam-Version fails sometimes... I get a you-need-steam-message (don't remember the exact message right now) when i try to connect with steam version, though steam is running... You can't open CSS if steam is not running!

#36 Ghost

Ghost

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 3,640 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 08:57 AM

@ticon
That's exactly what I had. If you have Steam running and you play cracked game, then all the other games launched via Steam complain "This game requires you be running Steam" (or something). For me it was enough to restart Steam. After that it didn't complain anymore. Also, if Steam was closed when playing cracked games, then it didn't matter. The problems occurred only when Steam was on background and I played cracked game. That's why I usually kept my Steam closed.

#37 Yooho

Yooho

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 09:23 AM

The guys that make these emulators alwas say 'close Steam when playing cracked games' !
PatruDoi

#38 Yooho

Yooho

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 09:23 AM

double post :( 'cause the site is so slow
PatruDoi

#39 Ghost

Ghost

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 3,640 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 09:52 AM

Hmm.. why is the site slow? For me it's fast always. Haven't noticed slowness.

Is it only the forum that's slow or is the whole site slow? My theory at the moment is that you don't have reverse DNS which causes the forum to start some security stuff. Is it always slow or did it just happen now?

@everybody
If this site is slow, then go to http://www.whatismyi...name-lookup.asp and see if you've got hostname. Click "Host Lookup" there and see if you get result something else than xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.

Few others have complained about the slowness too. However, it's difficult to fix if it's just random problem.

#40 Guest_zdravkonabijemtenakurac

Guest_zdravkonabijemtenakurac
  • Guests

Posted 19 July 2010 - 10:08 AM

Hi there.
I have some problems with my css.I have ori.steam and nonsteam DZ 2007
Updated css was ok,but then i installed nonsteam.Now my settings in updated are
the same like ones in nonsteam.I dont see bullet holes,spreylogo rates are wrong...
And i need to rewrite them in console every time new map starts.???.like r_decals_5000....
I unistalled both(valve folders,steam,steam folder to) .Then i installed back only steam and updated version.
But my old settings are still there?wtf?Is there some cfg file hiden? Format helps for sure but i will wait few more days

dont use nonsteam!buy steam for 5.80 EU
Yes site,forum is slow for me to!

sry for my bad english

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users