• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 Ghost

Ghost

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 05:29 PM

Setti is almost ready to update to the new version.

Here's what we do:

1. There is new server 78.46.42.232:27090 (Setti CSS server)
2. Everybody join there and lets see if we have any probs
3. Then update all the other servers

#2 ticon

ticon

Regular

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 10:40 AM

Tried and works fine for me with 1920*1080 Res, 2*AA/AF, very high details, Multicore Render etc about 200-300 fps :mrgreen:

Definitely better than old version. Even Ping got down from ~50 to ~30, but I was alone on server.

Maybe some others join too today to really try this!

#3 Ghost

Ghost

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 10:53 AM

Yep, the update is gold medal for Valve. There's some small gfx lag kind of lag, but it might be nothing. It just sometimes feels like not being super smooth.. but it's not bad ever.. so it's probably between good and perfect and it's what we got to nag about :grin:

#4 rocoliando

rocoliando

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 02:59 PM

Well i tried to connect with non-steam and i can find the sevrer through favoratesbut i cant find it in server list i can only see 18 servers :o omg fail ...so yeah if thiers a way to get in to test out it would be awesome ...oh and from favorates i cant just right click and connect with the update >.< another omg fail ...haha so some help would be awesome

#5 Guest_Kabilan

Guest_Kabilan
  • Guests

Posted 29 June 2010 - 04:24 PM

Kabilan,

Where i can download this new update!!!!!!

send me a download link:king-kabilan@hotmail.de

#6 Rik

Rik

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 04:26 PM

Works good for me ;)
Posted Image

#7 TupaC

TupaC

One of us

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 04:28 PM

Post and some links with updates for non-steam version, thanks.

edit later: Ok I've checked dzforum and look what they say:

We will release new version, when VALVe will fix their official bugs.

#8 rocoliando

rocoliando

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 04:56 PM

Post and some links with updates for non-steam version, thanks.

edit later: Ok I've checked dzforum and look what they say:

We will release new version, when VALVe will fix their official bugs.

ah okay cool thanks

#9 Ghost

Ghost

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 05:57 PM

I wouldn't count on DZ. They failed with the updates before the latest major update. Somebody find real alternative.

#10 rocoliando

rocoliando

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 06:39 PM

i might of found something useful i dunno if it will help in your searching but heres the link             http://www.forums.wi....htmlplease give me some feedback on if it was useful or not :P

#11 Guest_|)elter W()lf

Guest_|)elter W()lf
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2010 - 05:11 AM

its not working it said that it wasn't comparable with the server but that was happening with ever server

#12 PHOENIX

PHOENIX

Old School Member of Setti

• Moderators - CS admin
  • 1,046 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 July 2010 - 01:19 PM

the release from boobs is working errorless, come on people join, i cant wait longer :D:D

#13 backis13

backis13

Expert

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 01:28 PM

i suppose that
cl_cmdrate is 66
cl_uddaterate is 66
rate 30000
Am i right? Is there anything else needed?

#14 k1ller

k1ller

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 4,250 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 06:38 PM

@backis13
Yes, at Setti those settings are good. b00bs mentioned "lerp" setting which means (linear) interpolation. At Valve's wiki on networking (http://developer.val...ayer_Networking) you can search for word "lerp" for more info but it can be quite difficult to understand the point. Setting "cl_interp 0" is probably the best. "Lerp" itself is not a variable that you can change.

It might be better to have cl_cmdrate 100, cl_updaterate 100, rate 30000 if you are ever playing on 100 tick servers. Most (if not all) internet connections nowadays can handle that 30kB/s maximum input datastream. For output the practical maximum is maybe 15kB/s. It's also the maximum and not the average so even though someone's internet connection wouldn't be able to handle the maximum it is very much likely to handle 95% of the traffic. People who are still using these low-end connections should configure their settings to their liking. It's a remnant from 90's when people needed to care about what rates they were using when playing.

In CS:S it's equally good to set something like:
cl_cmdrate 1000000
cl_updaterate 1000000
rate 1000000

Game server will limit these to the server maximum anyway - setting them to 1 million or 1 billion or any other random number doesn't make a difference. In practice however this is not true because some stupid "anti-cheat" authors think that it's somehow cheating and servers which have these anti-cheat plugins installed might kick or ban you. Ignorance is a hindrance.
Posted Image

#15 backis13

backis13

Expert

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 07:50 PM

@K1ller

cl_interp_ratio / cl_updaterate = cl_interp
1 / 66 = 0.015151
So i guess that cl_interp 0 will be fine :)

#16 k1ller

k1ller

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 4,250 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 11:20 PM

@K1ller

cl_interp_ratio / cl_updaterate = cl_interp
1 / 66 = 0.015151
So i guess that cl_interp 0 will be fine :)

It's not so simple as you make it seem. What if you set cl_updaterate 0? Then it's division by zero for cl_interp, what do you get? The Source Engine is not stupid. You can't fool it easily.

Even in intelligent posts such as http://www.straferig...ates-guide.html you get misinformation. He instructs people to set cl_updaterate to server maximum when in fact it's not necessary. The server will tell what the maximum is and limit it at that value. However this guy knows what he is writing about.

Your post is just random bullshit that anyone can find at internet. I don't think you understand what cl_interp_ratio is, I don't think you understand what cl_updaterate is, I don't think you understand what cl_interp is. This is for people who find this thread through Google. You need to give reason ("Justification" in the example link) why you say what you say. Otherwise it's bullshit.

99% of the stuff that you read on the internet boards is false. Only trust Whisper's wiki and Valve's wiki.

For more info read
http://developer.val...ayer_Networking
Whisper's wiki is bit outdated on cl_interpolate and cl_interp but still good info:
http://whisper.ausga.../Source_Netcode

90% of people who read Valve's wiki don't understand what they read. They just comprehend the generic numbers and tout them on other internet boards.
Posted Image

#17 Guest_ratama

Guest_ratama
  • Guests

Posted 16 July 2010 - 06:34 AM

hey k1ller, looking at your posts, they're just the same.. Random dribble you can find on the interwebs, no insight whatsoever.. So dont talk down ppl who ask for advice, you're not smarter than anyone..

rate 30000
cl_updaterate 66
cl_cmdrate 66
cl_interp 0
cl_interp_ratio 1

are the correct netsettings for the new css.. And if your game is laggy or choppy, you can try to add some interp for a smoother game, but thats up to you. The settings above are the optimal ones.

#18 k1ller

k1ller

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 4,250 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 12:29 PM

What I write is not random dribble that you can find on the interwebs. For example try to find a page which explains what happens if you set cl_updaterate 0?

In June 12, 2007 update for CS:S there was this update:

Increased the maximum rate to 1 megabyte
The correct settings depend on the server that you are playing on. That is why I recommended setting rates at very high levels so the server tells what the maximum is and client obeys that.

It's fine when people ask for advice or tell others how to do something. It's just annoying to read these "30000 is the optimal" posts as if the values were some black magic.
Posted Image

#19 Guest_ratama

Guest_ratama
  • Guests

Posted 16 July 2010 - 04:29 PM

Imma bit drunk now, so i'm goin to be short.. The tickrate of css is at 66 now and most likely will not be changed. The rates I gave are enough, you know it yourself. And because they removed tik100, anything higher isnt really necessary.. Go ahead and increase the rate to 300 000 if you want, but it wont really give you anything..

#20 k1ller

k1ller

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 4,250 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 04:48 PM

Here's some random dribble http://css.setti.inf...ndpost__p__7811

increase your cl_interp value in steps of 0.01 until the lerp value in your net_graph stays white all the time (also in battle). maybe you should then add 0.01 additionally just to be sure... a too low cl_interp value is much worse then a too high one...

Bad thing is that there is no difference saying the above thing or saying that rate 30000 is the optimal. There should be more reasoning for saying stuff like that. Like in http://www.straferig...ates-guide.html
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users