Photo

Could not contact master game server help!!!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 rocoliando

rocoliando

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 02:24 PM

I would like to know if anybody been getting this message when retrieving server list "Could not contact master game server to retrieve server list"
what i did to try to fix
1.i downloaded the masterserver.vdf again and replaced (didnt help)
2.i allowed the game through my firewall(failed)
3.i heard something of maybe my ports being diabled or blocked,so i portforwarded(failed aswell)
So i dont know what to do anymore...i downloaded the update of the CSSnosteam that seems to work fine but can't log onto any servers
and old version well with the above problem i cant play anywhere some help would be awesome thanks!!!

#2 k1ller

k1ller

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 4,250 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 05:47 PM

Delete all masterservers.vdf in your game directory and all subdirectories. If you are using Steam then use search to find all masterservers.vdf and delete them. Then follow the masterserver install instructions again.

Also notice that the file name can be masterserver2.vdf instead of masterservers.vdf! So whenever install instructions say masterservers.vdf use masterserver2.vdf.
Posted Image

#3 Ghost

Ghost

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 3,640 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 05:50 PM

If you see server list, then you know the server list working. Then you need to find the servers which are the correct version. This is the worst timing to start solving problems with servers because there's been just major CS:S update and shortly after a minor bug fix update. There are probably more updates and the version numbers change all the time so it's difficult to find the same version servers.

Best way is to keep up-to-date with some release group.

#4 rocoliando

rocoliando

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 06:09 PM

Thanks for the replies will do :)

#5 Guest_boy.kill36@yahoo.com

Guest_boy.kill36@yahoo.com
  • Guests

Posted 05 September 2010 - 08:32 AM

hey.. dont be so afraid..

just.. get the v36 patch cs 1.6 and dats all...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users