Troubleshooting Setti Masterserver Connectivity
For Server Administrators
Last updated: Feb 7, 2016
Setti administration do not add or remove servers to/from masterserver list manually.
Setti is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction. It appears for informational purposes only.
Setti has no control over non-Setti web sites and is not liable for your use of them.
You are strongly advised against doing that and obtaining any software, legally, from store.steampowered.com
Follow the instructions on the Setti Masterserver
Submit the server
Search for your server IP address at http://css.setti.info/servers/full/
GoldSrc (Half-Life, Counter-Strike 1.6) game server doesn't show up in Setti Master List
- If you are using 4554 build LH, KSO, DieHard,
WaRz0nE etc find masterservers.vdf in your game directory and delete them. Then follow install instructions.
- It will take couple hours for the server to show up in the main list.
- Maybe you've done some configuration changes and the server has not passed the validation. In that case it may take up to 24 hours for the server to be validated again.
- Setti's server list doesn't have fake servers (Fake server = redirect server). They are all excluded from the list.
- Your server won't get on the list if the server is offline/online randomly. Keep it online 24/7 for Setti scanner.
- 192.168.x.x is one of the Local Area Network (LAN) IPs. It's not visible in the Internet.
- Current RevEmu (release_09032014) only supports the developer's masterserver.
The following sections describe each step in more detail.
You should patch your server using Double Protocol (dproto).
Make sure the dproto.cfg was set up correctly.
# ServerInfoAnswerType (0/1/2) # Sets server answer type for query requests # 0 = New style (Source Engine) # 1 = Old Style (Fix favorites list for p.47 clients) # 2 = Hybrid mode - Server is visible anywhere, but there are 3 packets generated for every serverinfo request ServerInfoAnswerType = 2
Note: For correct Setti Masterserver scan, you need to leave this option in dproto.cfg:
You may block this traffic only on ISP's firewall or SYN spoof attack.
You need to open certain ports in the firewall.
iptables -A INPUT -p udp -m udp --sport 27000:27030 --dport 1025:65355 -j ACCEPT iptables -A INPUT -p udp -m udp --sport 4380 --dport 1025:65355 -j ACCEPT service iptables save service iptables restart
*If you run into connection issues along the line you can disable the iptables, completely dropping your firewall, by running "service iptables stop" and when you're done troubleshooting, run "service iptables start". Check that your firewall isn't blocking connections to Setti (css.setti.info).
To determine whether connections on your system are half open, type netstat –a command. Check for those in the state SYN_RECEIVED which is an indication of the threat of SYN spoof attack. Create iptables entry to limit them on your game server.
iptables -N syn-flood iptables -A syn-flood -m limit --limit 10/second --limit-burst 50 -j RETURN iptables -A syn-flood -j LOG --log-prefix "SYN flood: " iptables -A syn-flood -j DROP
Server status tools
Use to check status of server