ok ... waited 24 hours... one time on list one time not :S

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_

Guest_
  • Guests

Posted 20 July 2009 - 09:02 AM

Hey guys again sorry for posting alot of threads but i really need help yesterday i found a play called Ghost who spectated my server and after he went out i saw my server on the list... but now my client loads till 7** servers and stops :S...any help ? is the server facing issues or what ?

[img=http://css.setti.info/stats/servers/banner-stats.php/cs16aloosh.ath.cx.jpg]

#2 k1ller

k1ller

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 4,250 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 09:18 AM

Your server status is "online" which means that it's on the list. I'm not sure what you are saying but everything seems to be OK. Last night your server has had players as well.
Posted Image

#3 Guest_

Guest_
  • Guests

Posted 20 July 2009 - 09:21 AM

thanks for the quick reply :D.... i really appreciate it... but i want to know is the masterservers slowing down these days ?? it takes like 1 minute to load 700 servers then stops ... or is it my network problem ?

PS : u can try to search for it on cs1.6 with ur updated master server.... u wont find it... i find it on the steam masterlist coz i have "setmaster add **********" shud i delete it and keep it nomaster ...then maybe it will be on setti internet tab ?

#4 k1ller

k1ller

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 4,250 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 09:39 AM

It's most likely your network problem. Technically the masterserver works like this:

1. Your game sends request -> masterserver (amount of data: around 20 bytes, very little)
2. Masterserver sends serverlist -> your game (amount of data: 500B - 4k, depends which serverlist you request)
3. Your game queries all servers in the serverlist (amount of data: about 15 bytes per query) for server info
4. Queried servers reply back with info like: current map, playerlist, vac status (amount of data: 50 - 100B)

As you can see the amount of data isn't the factor here. You might notice slowness in phase 3. in which your game queries for example 700 servers and waits for each server to send the server info replies back.
Posted Image

#5 Guest_

Guest_
  • Guests

Posted 20 July 2009 - 09:52 AM

ok killer one last favour pls.... if u can take me a screenshot of my server in the internet tab so i just know then the problem in my computer ... if u cant no problem thanks anyways :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users