SNiPY

//Aggressive Gaming™

• Moderators - Admin
  • 3,534 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 24 August 2014 - 09:43 PM

Unbanned for 2 reasons:

1) I can't find any other bans at other communities,

2) We haven't fixed the issue with the demos page so i can't check a demo.

In the past i had a similar case. A player was always using the rambo gun and was taking often weird hs kills from long distances and when he was spraying all the bullets were going horizontally only.

Anyway. You are unbanned for now. Until i find something that can prove you are cheating.

...you can achieve immortality, simply by doing one great thing...

#3 Spensor

Spensor

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 09:41 AM

Unbanned for 2 reasons:

1) I can't find any other bans at other communities,

2) We haven't fixed the issue with the demos page so i can't check a demo.

In the past i had a similar case. A player was always using the rambo gun and was taking often weird hs kills from long distances and when he was spraying all the bullets were going horizontally only.

Anyway. You are unbanned for now. Until i find something that can prove you are cheating.

Where can I find a list of admin?I will tell you who gave the ban.With him to ask demo

#4 Heady

Heady

• Moderators - Admin
  • 2,173 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 06:39 PM

Admin list: http://css.setti.inf...tats&do=leaders

There are no demos currently.

#5 SNiPY

SNiPY

//Aggressive Gaming™

• Moderators - Admin
  • 3,534 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 31 August 2014 - 12:55 AM

I am the admin who banned you.

#6 Perplexer

Perplexer

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 668 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 12:53 PM

SILENT SNIPER, my memory is very bad so excuse me if I don't remember you. I don't remember if you are one of the old Setti players or not and if you are a good player so I will explain this cheater hunting procedure.

You should always have proof of cheating before you ban. You should not ban just because you THINK somebody is cheating because he has a lot of kills. When you suspect somebody of cheating you should always answer yourself this question: "What cheat is he using?". Then you should spectate and prove to yourself that he is really using this cheat.

People most often accuse players of using WH. This is typical because it's the easiest accusation and most often wrong. Wallhack is also the hardest to see because it is a passive cheat. If somebody kills you through door it doesn't mean they use WH. So you can catch wallhackers only if they use WH very obviously. So what you as admin should do is go to spec and try to prove that he is obviously wallhacking. If you are not sure then he may just be a good player so you don't need to ban him.

Norecoil / nospread is the most easy cheat to see. If you see a player whose crosshair is jumping wild (nospread) or jumping DOWN (norecoil) when he shoots then you know he is cheating. Easy ban.

Aimbot can be the easiest to detect if the cheater is using is carelessly. So if you suspect a player is using aimbot, go to spectate and watch. It should be easy to detect. Again, I don't know your experience in this but it should be obvious because his gun / crosshair will always jump to enemy's head.

Very few cheaters use "silent aim" aimbot where they use it very carefully. These are hard to detect and I believe you can only catch them with experience. After 8 years of playing CSS I just know what is normal and what isn't. I can FEEL when somebody killed me with a cheat because I know how it is to be killed normally on every piece of a map and what is a WEIRD kill. And when somebody kills me in a weird way which I didn't see if my 8 years of CSS, I just go to spectate and watch carefully. And almost every time I can see the cheater is using a carefully tweaked aimbot.

So again, if you are not experienced then take your time and watch the player and prove to yourself that he cheats before you ban. Don't let it anger you. Many times I get killed by 10 HS in a row from the same player and I just want to ban him but because I can't answer my own question "What cheat is he using?" I just play. And these DM games are the worst for getting angry.

#7 TheMisaGen

TheMisaGen

Professional Chair Thrower

• Moderators - Minecraft admin
  • 391 posts
  • LocationTitan

Posted 31 August 2014 - 06:24 PM

Perplexer, you said you don't remember Silent Sniper which means you don't know him.
He doesn't ban people out of the blue, like some people did. I'm just wondering why you're  here telling us this.

PHIj7fz.gif

tumblr_mqgrgjwRqF1qzpxx1o1_500.gif

#8 Dups

Dups

Pro

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 31 August 2014 - 06:44 PM

Where can I find a list of admin?

Read: When should I toggle off?

76561198068434318.png

#9 Perplexer

Perplexer

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 668 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 05:09 PM

I'm telling this to Silent Sniper but yeah, you all should know the rules. I've been told by a player (Gamble, if you know him) that he was getting banned all the time even though he is not cheating. This shouldn't be happening so this is why I posted the above "guide" to make sure nobody bans an innocent player.

#10 HUNTER

HUNTER

Legend

• Members
  • 235 posts
  • LocationMACEDONIA

Posted 08 September 2014 - 09:57 PM

Very few cheaters use "silent aim" aimbot where they use it very carefully. These are hard to detect and I believe you can only catch them with experience. After 8 years of playing CSS I just know what is normal and what isn't. I can FEEL when somebody killed me with a cheat because I know how it is to be killed normally on every piece of a map and what is a WEIRD kill. And when somebody kills me in a weird way which I didn't see if my 8 years of CSS, I just go to spectate and watch carefully. And almost every time I can see the cheater is using a carefully tweaked aimbot. 

It's hard to detect a cheater like them, almost impossible. When you go to spectate him, he just plays like a normal player. You may feel that but it's hard to detect them.

#11 SNiPY

SNiPY

//Aggressive Gaming™

• Moderators - Admin
  • 3,534 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 10 September 2014 - 11:54 PM

Perplexer i will not stand to your first post. There are people here who know that i know what i'm doing, the way i have to do it and when i have to do it. And about the cheats you mentioned, i know about every and each one of them. What i don't get is, what Gamble has done to convince you and a few others that he is not cheating. And i would like you enlighten me by explaining me how you are so sure that he is clean.

HUNTER... It has been long time... As you can see, the problem remains. If you can help by some way, i would be obliged.

#12 Perplexer

Perplexer

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 668 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 12:49 AM

† SILENT SNIPER †, I think you are not experienced enough to make a good enough decision on whether or not somebody is cheating. You can hate me for it but that's what I think and I'm telling it straight. I think Gamble is clean because I didn't yet determine that he is a cheater. It's as simple as that. Sure, you can never say for sure that someone doesn't cheat but I believe he is clean because I haven't seen any evidence to the contrary and you haven't produced any definitive proof of him cheating either. If you did then send me the link to your post and I'll check it out.

#13 SNiPY

SNiPY

//Aggressive Gaming™

• Moderators - Admin
  • 3,534 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 22 September 2014 - 11:34 AM

No, I don't hate someone just because he has a different opinion than me. And the distance between believe and sure is big...

Anyway. My greetings to Gamble.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ban

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users