As many know servers do struggle for popularity and find varieties of ways to make their servers attractive or simply spread the word about themselves. I believe that a Facebook page would help. Now I know this brings both troubles as well as positives and in terms, I have assessed them and firmly think that a Facebook page would be a good driveway for the Setti community to widen, connect as well as show appreciation to users.
So here are some positives I believe would be brought along with a Facebook page:
1. Connectivity and unity- it's another way to communicate with members of Setti- now I know you may say, that's why there's a forum, for people to talk to each other. However many do prefer social medias for such actions such as Facebook, it will not only broaden the spectrum in which new members may be found but also be another, conventional way to bring the community together.
2. Another way to advertise and promote
3. With conventionality comes opportunity- so if you take in mind that having a Facebook page will bring more members and popularity, the structure of the Facebook page allows for a easy and nice to use way to create competitions (for example sending a funny screenshot from your game, winner gets some kind of a set prize) which would show appreciation to members as well as connect admins and mods to the community more
4. Has many uses- you may not agree with the suggestions I have made above, however these are not all the things that can be done with Facebook, giveaways, competitions, announcements, poles, can all be available to users who would prefer to use Facebook
5. Subtle- Many, many people visit Facebook every day of course, however not many may wish or have the dedication to come onto this forum website for updates etc. Therefore, if you put this together you can easily see how a like on Facebook will open a new opportunity to 'spread the word' about any news you wish. Most people scroll through their Facebook feed when in boredom, so chances are people will see a post from the page and are more likely to participate in whatever it may be.
Now to the negatives:
1. Effort- Quite self explanatory. Admins will have to be present and in charge of the Facebook page, updating it for any needs which will take work
2. Commercializing- Perhaps with too many giveaways and other people might spam or simply attempt to use the page to increase their luck with getting free items, however this can be solved by creating some kind of proof that the person has played or used the servers, perhaps using Facebook to outline a giveaway, then re-direct it onto this page to make the person create an account and through that have a chance at the give away.
3. Dedication- It may be a drooling task, however I do believe it will be one that is worthwhile
Sorry for the long post and if you have any suggestions do not hesitate to write them below. I am well aware these are not all negatives, as well as positives, however I am firm that it would be a good project to make to expand this community.