• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#21 Ghost

Ghost

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 3,640 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 06:37 PM

You've been talking about rules here, but you've forgot one essential rule: Don't talk about your limited admin access.

This kind of situations should have been PM'd to admins directly. Nobody should in-game see limited admins as admins. None of the limited access admins are admins. They're trustworthy enough to have power to make the game playable when normal admins aren't around.

I haven't kept log, but I think all limited access admins have broken this rule :thumbdown:

#22 LemmingGrumpy

LemmingGrumpy

Admin

• Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 07:56 PM

You've been talking about rules here, but you've forgot one essential rule: Don't talk about your limited admin access.

In practice, and even with the best intentions in the world, this is close to impossible given the fact that regulars find out quickly and spread the word. Even the non-regulars get a clue, especially on a day like 48 hours ago when all the cheaters on the planet simultaneously decided to hold a fragfest on setti.

I would have a few things to say / clarifications to ask about these rules: nothing fundamental, but still it may be better to limit the discussion to admins. Is there any place for that on the forum?

#23 Gringo13

Gringo13

Hell's janitor

• Members
  • 291 posts
  • Location9th Circle (still fixing the heater)

Posted 19 August 2010 - 08:37 PM

Tell me k1ller in your infinite wisdom what did that 60min ban that Toble got for helping us out achieve?
Did it give him time to think about what he did?

And what did my ban achieve? I wrote roughly five 4-5 word sentences addressed to Perplexer out of which first three were questions about Toble's ban.

Yes there are rules, and there are exceptions because the setting changes and the rule becomes obsolete. So if the main admin doesn't show much interest in banning a cheater and rather play, i don't see the reason why a side admin can't ban a cheater.

Instead what happens on the server is that a cheater is on Perplexer's side, Perplexer doesn't give a shit and the cheater roams the server freely as long as Perplexer can play.

I'm starting to believe that he is/was using cheaters to win a round and enjoy watching other regulars get slaughtered as if he was doing the slaying himself.

#24 Guest_Tiegr

Guest_Tiegr
  • Guests

Posted 20 August 2010 - 01:30 AM

K1ller and ghost are just two clueless idiots who have nothing better to do than tease regular players with their bullshit and read logs 24/7.

#25 k1ller

k1ller

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 4,250 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 04:41 AM

I would have a few things to say / clarifications to ask about these rules: nothing fundamental, but still it may be better to limit the discussion to admins. Is there any place for that on the forum?

PM admins.

Tell me k1ller in your infinite wisdom what did that 60min ban that Toble got for helping us out achieve?

And what did my ban achieve? I wrote roughly five 4-5 word sentences addressed to Perplexer out of which first three were questions about Toble's ban.

Yes there are rules, and there are exceptions because the setting changes and the rule becomes obsolete. So if the main admin doesn't show much interest in banning a cheater and rather play, i don't see the reason why a side admin can't ban a cheater.

Instead what happens on the server is that a cheater is on Perplexer's side, Perplexer doesn't give a shit and the cheater roams the server freely as long as Perplexer can play.

I'm starting to believe that he is/was using cheaters to win a round and enjoy watching other regulars get slaughtered as if he was doing the slaying himself.

I don't know whether it achieved anything or not. I usually tell people not to do something (if they are doing something wrong). If they still do it I might ban them. Banning or kicking as a "teaching method" is not a good solution in my opinion. It's better to say "don't do that" and look what they do. If they stop doing what they were doing everyone is happy. If not then they get banned and they get mad. If the wrong-doers are banned straightaway they just directly get mad without chance to stop their doing and being happy.
Posted Image

#26 Toble

Toble

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 20 August 2010 - 12:29 PM

The question is: How much perp was messing around with his limited-admin rights when I was paying for the server? No one ever made a big issue about it and I can't remember banning perp for those actions.

Go on comrades :popcorn:

#27 b00bs

b00bs

Wickedsick Member

• Members
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 12:58 PM

:D then why you don't ban him then? Your fault :D

#28 Toble

Toble

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 20 August 2010 - 01:47 PM

I cant even imagine that scenario. Banning perp? No way. He was the regular golden boy who just didnt pay for the server but was such a great help with his uber hax detection skills which obviously I dont have. Check it from the logs.

#29 k1ller

k1ller

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 4,250 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 02:00 PM

The strongest survive. You still have your limited admin rights which means you did better than some others :thumbsup:.

If there is no reason to ban one then one isn't banned.
Posted Image

#30 NekiNeznanec

NekiNeznanec

Expert

• Members
  • 233 posts
  • LocationSlovenija

Posted 20 August 2010 - 02:08 PM

You have to respect the chain of command.
Stultorum infinitus est numerus.

#31 Perplexer

Perplexer

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 668 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 06:08 PM

The question is: How much perp was messing around with his limited-admin rights when I was paying for the server? No one ever made a big issue about it and I can't remember banning perp for those actions.

I would need 10 hands to be able to count the ammount of abusive bans you and your pal Maksa made against me back when I was not admin. You're lucky I'm not like you.

#32 Guest_Guest

Guest_Guest
  • Guests

Posted 21 August 2010 - 06:49 PM

I would need 10 hands to be able to count the ammount of abusive bans you and your pal Maksa made against me back when I was not admin. You're lucky I'm not like you.

[FIN]Maksa: Type "admin" in console.
Perplexer: A menu popped up.

Selective memory is bad.

Seems you have had problems with everyone. Must be everyone elses fault, right? Back in those days i took so much shit, some deserved, some not, but at least i tryied to settle all that happened. Nobody ever bothered to do the same, ever. K1ller, ghost, perp, your still the same and havent changed at all. Now all you get from me is your own fault.

Also, how i use my limited rights, i do it the same way as i have always done and i am not planning to do anything differently after so much time on this server.

Good example is the case where you ended up getting a teamkill from Zerog. You didnt ban a cheater on your own team after they asked you to do it multiple times. you just answered "ask nicely". Must have played there over 10 rounds ruining the game. So Zerog lost his nerves and gave you a TK and you have banned him around 20 times after that, mostly for 2 hours. That cheater probably still plays here. Now if i had been on the server on that game, i would have banned the cheater, no matter who was playing.

There was no rules about limited admin rights back in the days. Now i know every noob gets these rights here nowadays and i know you need to set them some rules, but i know what i am doing and so does toble. You should just leave us alone and mind your own business.

#33 Perplexer

Perplexer

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 668 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 07:05 PM

K1ller, ghost, perp, your still the same and havent changed at all.

Hearing that is actually reassuring. Stable rock-solid people all the way for the long run. That's what we want out of everybody.

#34 breezer

breezer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 249 posts
  • LocationDublin

Posted 21 August 2010 - 07:54 PM

I was there as well when perplexer said "ask nicely" it was Piranesi I think. GJ nolifer keep going .
Rush 'em n00bs ...

#35 Guest_Tiegr

Guest_Tiegr
  • Guests

Posted 21 August 2010 - 08:16 PM

K1ller, ghost, perp, your still the same and havent changed at all.

Hearing that is actually reassuring. Stable rock-solid people all the way for the long run. That's what we want out of everybody.

Selective reading is bad. Shamelesly flatter and clap each others backs all you want, the point which you missed was the fact that you, k1ller and ghost havent learned to handle things better over years. I did learn from my mistakes, its sad to see that people like you just cant.

#36 Guest_Guest: The Problem Solver

Guest_Guest: The Problem Solver
  • Guests

Posted 21 August 2010 - 08:22 PM

HOW ABOUT THIS?!??!!
EVERYONE STFU STOP BEING A BABY ABOUT THIS ADMIN SHIT.
ARE YOU GUYS SERIOUS? THIS A COMPUTER GAMES YOU GUYS TALK LIKE ITS THE GRAND COURT OF THE UNITED STATES.
WHY DONT ALL OF YOU GO OUT GET A JOB, STOP STITTIN UR ASS ALL DAY PLAYING CS, HAP LIE, OR W.E YOU CALL IT. OR EVEN BETTER GET YOURSELF A PUPPY TO PLAY WITH, FUCK YOUR GIRLFRIEND AND YOUR FRIENDS GIRLFRIEND, MAYBE EVEN YOUR GIRL FRIENDS MOTHER.
EVERYONE HERE TALKS LIKE THEY ARE OLDER THAN 20'S, IT IS CLEARLY THAT NO ONE HERE IS ACTING LIKE A MATURE PERSON WHO COULD OF BEEN OUT HELPING THE WORLD INTO A BETTER PLACE OR SOmething, AT THIS POINT ALL YOU GUYS WHO ARE ACTING LIKE A HIGH PRICE TICKET IN THIS FORUMS BECAUSE IT IS JUST ABOUT AN FAG ADMIN, BUT SERIOUSLY THAT IS SOME SERIOUS FAG MOVE YOU DID ADMIN, UR GONNA BE THE FIRST PERSON WHO WILL NEVER GET MARRY TO ANYONE OR HAVE KIDS. you know why i noe? because you talk like you are old, but yet you are in counterstrike forums not relizing your stuck in the computer world AND TO THE PEOPLE IN HERE JUST LEAVE IT, THIS ADMIN GOT NOTHING BETTER TO DO ANYWAIS HE PROB SPENT HIS WHOLE LIFE IN HIS MOM DOWNSTAIR BASEMENT , MAYBE EVEN LIKE doing her from all directions including her nose and ears.

PS: Dont bother saying some gay ass Counterstrike admin lanuage I wouldnt understand anyways , i just came I prob well never come back here again sorry to dissapoint you guys, its one time thing. right now you guys prob thoguth this guy is so random whos prob on crackcocaine, well in the matter of fact no i am not on crackcocaine , i am on weedK BYE FAGGIT ADMINS CS comp wunna be/ just becuase you got power on comupter doesnt mean a nerdy can shitkick you in perso, because he noes all kind of kung fuu nigguh u dead. homeie g slicy .

#37 Toble

Toble

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 21 August 2010 - 08:42 PM

LOL NOOB I GET MORE PAID NOW THAN YOU WILL EVER GET LOL CAPS OMG NOOB.

Stfu you has nothing to do with setti so gtfo caps lol nerd languageeeee. (except you get more respect than 5year here been players...)

You could just priority this regular user so these conversations should never be talken. GJ give me some popcorn

#38 Perplexer

Perplexer

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 668 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 08:54 PM

YOU'RE on drugs and you want to give US advice ? Get lost. :-)

#39 fofo

fofo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 912 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 21 August 2010 - 09:04 PM

Rules are meant to be broken. Especially if they're idiotic ones, like this one. Why ban an admin that bans a cheater if you're too incompetent or lazy or just didn't wanted to ban the cheater. That was cheating. Him, the cheater. Or didn't saw what was going on.
You catch my drift.
Think before you speak before you drive me mad.

#40 k1ller

k1ller

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 4,250 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 09:32 PM

Rules are meant to be broken. Especially if they're idiotic ones, like this one.

But there are consequences for breaking rules. This thread is the result of breaking a rule.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users