• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 PeterFreimann

PeterFreimann

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 05:09 PM

I'm really getting confused now :(
I have 2 L4D2 Servers running Linux and both using the same crack (Vityans Server Tools) with the same options. One can be seen in Serverbrowser the other not... That's driving me nuts!

Both servers are online and shown online here:
http://css.setti.inf...06.23.246:27015
http://css.setti.inf...06.23.246:27016

What could it be?

#2 Ghost

Ghost

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 3,640 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 05:13 PM

How long have the servers been up? How long the problem has been there?

Have you ever seen the servers on the masterserver list at the same time?

If the both servers are visible on the web list [ http://css.setti.inf...h/87.106.23.246 ] (they are), then they both should be visible in the masterserver too.

Maybe you have filtering settings and the other server is different gametype or something like that.

#3 PeterFreimann

PeterFreimann

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 05:54 PM

Servers are up hmm since i think november last year. but not sure. but back then they had revemu crack which doesn't show any server in serverbrowser now. so i switched the crack. the server which can be seen is survival and the other is versus. BUT i had the versus server on the browserlist once. and sometimes if i constantly refresh the serverlist other servers can be seen anytime it refreshes. sometimes only 1 server can be seen sometimes there are around 30 (most of the time) but sometimes there are over 70 servers in the list (seems that there are more than one setti-masterserver-list ;) ). and inside the 70-server-list there was my versus server. but not anymore. and also the the 70-server list is MUCH to rare and i dont think many people are sitting in front of their game and press "refresh" button the whole day ;)

#4 Ghost

Ghost

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 3,640 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 11:22 PM

Good detail.

Do you use "standalone" version of the game or are you in "SettiGames" steamgroup? It shouldn't matter, but apparently everything's not working as expected so it will help solving the problem.

L4D is the "weirdest" game in all the Steam games. It queries the servers constantly even if the server list window isn't open. It also provides information about what groups the player is participating.

Servers are sent in ~200 server bundles, so you should never see ~30 servers if there are total ~70 servers. If you refresh 10x the server list do you see the :27016 server there at any time?

#5 PeterFreimann

PeterFreimann

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 08:21 AM

I use a standalone version with ganesh's tools (i think its stryders loader) and im not in SettiGames steamgroup, cause i don't know how to get in it when i don't use an account in my game (does't work that way right?). As you can see the versus server is mostly empty it seems that no one else sees it too in serverbrowser. And i see the 27016 server every time (mostly, there are a few refreshes that give NO servers in response and a few that give only one server randomly, but sometimes that one is my 27016 server). I find that all really strange cause the servers are using exactly the same files and are on the same root. And that i once found the 27015 server and am able to connect means that the port isn't blocked.

#6 Guest_satannuts

Guest_satannuts
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2010 - 05:02 PM

I use a standalone version with ganesh's tools (i think its stryders loader) and im not in SettiGames steamgroup, cause i don't know how to get in it when i don't use an account in my game (does't work that way right?). As you can see the versus server is mostly empty it seems that no one else sees it too in serverbrowser. And i see the 27016 server every time (mostly, there are a few refreshes that give NO servers in response and a few that give only one server randomly, but sometimes that one is my 27016 server). I find that all really strange cause the servers are using exactly the same files and are on the same root. And that i once found the 27015 server and am able to connect means that the port isn't blocked.

1-Don't use Stryder's Loader for running L4D2 server, or for playing for that matter.
Instead use either rev-emu or Vityan's ESt+VUP.

2-Make sure you have set the servers up correctly with the -fork parameter on Linux.
Very weird.

#7 PeterFreimann

PeterFreimann

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 06:25 PM

i think you understand me wrong. i use stryders loader with my client not my server. my servers run est+vup. i even don't know how to set up a server in linux with stryders loader :lol:
i don't know the fork parameter what is it?

#8 Ghost

Ghost

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 3,640 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 09:41 PM

Are you 100% sure only one of your servers is visible in masterserver? It's on the web list so it should be in the masterserver too. Maybe there's something other than the patches and other stuff. Try running the second server in some other port.

#9 PeterFreimann

PeterFreimann

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 08:57 AM

Ok in my helplessness i changed the crack of the 27015 server to rev-emu with steamclient2009. Now i randomly got both servers in serverbrowserlist. But not always, and the "multi-lists" problem is still there. Meaning sometimes i get only one of my servers (mostly the 27016) and sometimes i get no servers or 1 server or 30 or 70 and and in rare cases i get my 2 servers in the 70-server list. Really confusing.
But that -fork parameter got my interest, what does it mean? didnt find anything useful about it with google.(perhaps the wrong search-input)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users