How to Properly change your clan tag *HexEditor*

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
31 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_sev.en

Guest_sev.en
  • Guests

Posted 27 October 2010 - 04:06 PM

There have been members here on the forum that have given their resources to inform players how to change their clan tag using either third party made programs, or programs they personally made. There have even been brief mentions about using HexEditor.

Well I am here to put this all under one topic thread for you users who are interested in knowing HOW TO CHANGE YOUR CLAN TAG IN CSS Orange box version.

You need to download HexEditor. Google it.

Secondly, you need to open the steam_api.dll file located where you extracted your CSS Orange Box.

(Ex. C:\Program Files\Counter Strike Source 2010\bin)

Third Once you have located the file, open it using HexEditor.

Fourth Search for (CNTRL + F) "[n00bz0r]" without the ".

From here you can edit the string value to whatever you want your "clan" tag to be.

Be sure to backup this file, then save it as the original steam_api.dll in order to see your changes take effect.

Open up CSS, Options>Multiplayer>Advanced and it should be there under Clan tags.

Goodluck, hope this helped.

sev.en

#2 PHOENIX

PHOENIX

Old School Member of Setti

• Moderators - CS admin
  • 1,046 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 October 2010 - 09:00 PM

i did it and it works. Nice sev.en thanks ;)))

#3 sev.en

sev.en

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 01:30 AM

:smile-thumbs-up:
Posted Image

#4 Marioc

Marioc

Master

• 1,407 posts
  • LocationAthens

Posted 28 October 2010 - 07:20 AM

:smile-thumbs-up:

good job mate, anyway i have steam, but keep on trying :thumbsup:

#5 Guest_sev.en

Guest_sev.en
  • Guests

Posted 28 October 2010 - 08:14 AM

Ok no problem, it's much easier if you have Steam.

If you are trying to get a clan tag made from Steam Client, simply join a steam group. If you are not apart of one, and/or are looking to make one, the do so by viewing the Steam Groups section when the Steam Client is open.

From there (after you have joined the steam group) open the CSS client, go to options, multiplayer, advanced, and you should see the clan tag for the steam group you have joined.

GL, and thanks for the compliments!

sev.en

P.S. You can google "How to make a CSS clan tag" for more information from various websites... Steam Client is very simple to use when wanting to create a Steam Tag.

#6 Guest_LAlkamanidnia

Guest_LAlkamanidnia
  • Guests

Posted 28 October 2010 - 09:40 AM

Ok no problem, it's much easier if you have Steam.

If you are trying to get a clan tag made from Steam Client, simply join a steam group. If you are not apart of one, and/or are looking to make one, the do so by viewing the Steam Groups section when the Steam Client is open.

From there (after you have joined the steam group) open the CSS client, go to options, multiplayer, advanced, and you should see the clan tag for the steam group you have joined.

GL, and thanks for the compliments!

sev.en

P.S. You can google "How to make a CSS clan tag" for more information from various websites... Steam Client is very simple to use when wanting to create a Steam Tag.

i keep getting 'not found'

#7 sev.en

sev.en

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 09:56 AM

Can you please explain where you're getting "not found"?
Posted Image

#8 Guest_LAlkamanidnia

Guest_LAlkamanidnia
  • Guests

Posted 28 October 2010 - 10:02 AM

Can you please explain where you're getting "not found"?

when typing [n00bz0r] with ctrl + F or maybe i dont have the right editor can u give me a link?

#9 sev.en

sev.en

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 11:03 AM

Ok, well if you are using HexEditor and you find the string value, n00bzor should be in a tiny box on the right side.

here is the link to download hexeditor - http://www.bpsoft.com/downloads/
Posted Image

#10 land206

land206

• New Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 11:48 AM

thx bro ur the best :thumbsup:

#11 land206

land206

• New Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 11:59 AM

thx bro ur the best :thumbsup:

wait the specified search string not found ????

#12 Guest_sev.en

Guest_sev.en
  • Guests

Posted 29 October 2010 - 02:01 AM

I made a mistake. It's not Steam_API.dll your looking in with Hex Editor, the file is Steamclient.dll

I repeat, the file to look for the text string is NOT steam_api.dll it is steamclient.dll!

Make sure you do a backup too!

Goodluck :cheers:

#13 sev.en

sev.en

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 02:18 AM

READ THIS IF YOU ARE UPDATING FROM PATCH 20 TO 21 AND CHANGED YOUR CLAN TAG!!

If you changed your clan tag using my instructions and you opened up your steamclient.dll you will be unable to patch to version 21 until you replace the original steamclient.dll file first!

You will get an error in the patcher that will say the game cannot be found. *NOTE: IF the patcher patched anyways, then don't worry your fine.*

What you need to do, is if you followed my instructions, simple go back to the C:\CounterStrikeSource\bin folder and replace your current steamclient.dll file with your backup copy.

Then open your patcher again (Which should be placed in the CSS folder too where hl2.exe is) and it should update no problem!

After you have updated, you can change your clan tag again and the game will run just fine!

If you DO NOT have a backup copy I have included a link for you to download the original steamclient.dll that came with b00bz orangebox version.

It' is NOT a virus. Scan if you like.
http://www.mediafire...8tutfhowz2uytk1
Posted Image

#14 sev.en

sev.en

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 02:18 AM

If you changed your clan tag using my instructions and you opened up your steamclient.dll you will be unable to patch to version 21 until you replace the original steamclient.dll file first!

You will get an error in the patcher that will say the game cannot be found. *NOTE: IF the patcher patched anyways, then don't worry your fine.*

What you need to do, is if you followed my instructions, simple go back to the C:\CounterStrikeSource\bin folder and replace your current steamclient.dll file with your backup copy.

Then open your patcher again (Which should be placed in the CSS folder too where hl2.exe is) and it should update no problem!

After you have updated, you can change your clan tag again and the game will run just fine!

If you DO NOT have a backup copy I have included a link for you to download the original steamclient.dll that came with b00bz orangebox version.

Hope this helps! Cheers :cheers:
Posted Image

#15 land206

land206

• New Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 09:45 AM

Hope this helps! Cheers :cheers:

WTF I I KEEP GETTING SPECIFIED SEARCH STRING NOT FOUND !

#16 land206

land206

• New Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 09:55 AM

NVM but how can i edit pls answer SEVEN ! :smile-thumbs-up:

#17 sev.en

sev.en

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 10:52 AM

http://img249.images...2/examplezl.png

^^^^

Go to that picture,

You see where I highlighted in a circle,

select that area where you found [n00bz0r] and change the letters to what you want by typing it. Remember to press the INSERT key or the letters get automatically deleted by HexEditor.

Goodluck.
Posted Image

#18 land206

land206

• New Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 11:19 AM

can you help me step by step
cuz after that i open css and it says steamclient.dll not designed for .... something like that (error pop-up) and in game i dont see it where i changed to?

#19 Leopold Butters Stotch

Leopold Butters Stotch

Sir, you're grounded

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 29 October 2010 - 11:43 AM

in case you have updated to v21 and haven't changed clan tag, what are you doing?
Wars come and go, but my soldiers stay eternal...

#20 sev.en

sev.en

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 11:53 AM

can you help me step by step
cuz after that i open css and it says steamclient.dll not designed for .... something like that (error pop-up) and in game i dont see it where i changed to?

Ok STEP BY STEP.
*!Always remember to BACKUP your files!*
1.) Download HexEditor (Google it)

2.) Go to C:\Counter Strike Source Folder\Bin

3.) Open HexEditor>file>Open>CSS>Steamclient.dll

4.) CNTRL+F in HexEditor > Search for [n00bz0r].

5.) Once you find it, go to the small box on the right. Replace the letters in [n00bz0r]with your own. For example [c0d3rZ].

6.) Save, open CSS, options>multiplayer>advanced>clan tag.

Done. GOODLUCK!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users