Speedtest by Magnet.ie

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_[MEMEL]Limonadas[IRL]

Guest_[MEMEL]Limonadas[IRL]
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2010 - 04:37 PM

show us your speedtest result...
Mine is Download Speed: 1729 kbps (216.1 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 218 kbps (27.3 KB/sec transfer rate)

#2 Limonadas

Limonadas

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Locationardee,Ireland..

Posted 11 November 2010 - 04:05 PM

OHH. Cmon.. share yours speed test.. and what latency u have on main setti server..

mine is 60-80...mostly 65-69... as i remember...
Posted Image OR Posted Image no big diference :D
and we need to chose same server as i think.. i`ve chosen Frankfurt..becouse server is located in Germany..
And Thank You for your attention lads.. :)

speedtest By https://www.magnet.i...speed-test.html
Last Result:
Download Speed: 1732 kbps (216.5 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 218 kbps (27.3 KB/sec transfer rate)
Ping: 59ms
<iframe src="http://module.game-m...e.css&f=33&pb=" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" height="285" width="200"></iframe>

#3 fofo

fofo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 912 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 11 November 2010 - 05:02 PM

I have tested on speedtest.net and i have a 14.67 mbs download, 32.44 mbs upload and a 16 ms ping to speedtest.net. Setti ping is about 50 ms.

http://www.speedtest.../1026326961.png
Think before you speak before you drive me mad.

#4 Limonadas

Limonadas

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Locationardee,Ireland..

Posted 11 November 2010 - 05:43 PM

I have tested on speedtest.net and i have a 14.67 mbs download, 32.44 mbs upload and a 16 ms ping to speedtest.net. Setti ping is about 50 ms.

http://www.speedtest.../1026326961.png

wow...
<iframe src="http://module.game-m...e.css&f=33&pb=" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" height="285" width="200"></iframe>

#5 SEAD

SEAD

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • LocationChisinau , localhost

Posted 11 November 2010 - 05:45 PM

50/50
ping 10
Posted Image

#6 k1ller

k1ller

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 4,250 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 05:55 PM

I have tested on speedtest.net and i have a 14.67 mbs download, 32.44 mbs upload

Strange connection. Usually there's more download bandwidth than upload.
Posted Image

#7 k1ller

k1ller

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 4,250 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 05:58 PM

In Sweden Bredbandsbolaget (BBB) has had 100/10 connections for about 10 years now. It's somewhat strange that rest of the Europe is so late coming up with really highspeed connections. Obviously with money everything is possible but in Sweden these 100/10 connections have been reality for almost 10 years with a reasonable price. No limits, no nothing.

Many times BBB seeds have made large torrent downloads possible. Thanks Sweden :smile-thumbs-up:
Posted Image

#8 NekiNeznanec

NekiNeznanec

Expert

• Members
  • 233 posts
  • LocationSlovenija

Posted 11 November 2010 - 06:31 PM

My connection is 10/10 mbps. Ping around 20.
Stultorum infinitus est numerus.

#9 fofo

fofo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 912 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 11 November 2010 - 06:39 PM

@k1ller: It's not if you come to think that Romania has #4 internet connection in the world. But that's not country spread, you can get these connections only in major or capital cities. The country side is only 3g or thru telephone wire.

@limonadas: I pay 10 euros for that connection where I am now, in Bucharest I paid same price for double the speed.

#10 CC:)

CC:)

• Members
  • 346 posts
  • LocationMoscow, RU

Posted 11 November 2010 - 07:05 PM

Posted Image

But this test is performed between the closest servers? Maybe not correct.

I pay around 10 EUR/month

Latency to Setti around 45 ms.

P.S> Limonad, i just want to add that before my ISP was very bad, but i changed it thanks to Setti. Cos my ping and lagging was just terrible with previous provider. Now Ok.
We must protect the forest for those who can’t speak.

#11 k1ller

k1ller

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 4,250 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 12:10 AM

@ Lots of offtopic

Setti is hosted in Germany so any country which is close to Germany is likely to have small latency there. Neki is from Slovenia so the latency is small :smile-thumbs-up:

Price / bandwidth / latency = all these three things are major things. Only thing that matters for gaming is latency. You can have 100/100 connection but bad latency - this is reality. Think this intuitively. By comparison, to transfer the contents of a DVD over a modem could take a week or more at a 56 kbit/s modem rate. Simply packing the DVD into an envelope and mailing it could be faster. Many cable connections still have a high bandwidth but a bad latency. High download speed doesn't mean low latency!

@k1ller: It's not if you come to think that Romania has #4 internet connection in the world. But that's not country spread, you can get these connections only in major or capital cities. The country side is only 3g or thru telephone wire. @limonadas: I pay 10 euros for that connection where I am now, in Bucharest I paid same price for double the speed.

That's what I'm saying. 10 years ago ALL PEOPLE IN SWEDEN had the same connection you have now. I'm not sure if you are trying to boast with your 10/10 connection or not. 100% Swedes have had it for 10 years now - even faster. In Romania only capital cities have it. It's almost the same in Finland - obviously big cities now have 1GB connections (really) but the country side has only 100/10. In Sweden it has been like that for 10 YEARS! In Japan in big cities they've probably had these 1GB connections for many years too - but then again they are so disconnected from the other world. It's easy to build a high-speed network in a city which as 30M people.

Fastest mobile connections in Finland are around 10Mbit/s now.

About price:
In Romania 10 euro? How much is it? In Finland the average wages are 2000e - 5500e. I'm quite certain that that although the price is low in Romania the relative price is still high for a regular person: Despite recent growth Romania still has some of the lowest wages in the European Union, second only to Bulgaria.. There is nothing wrong in it. This is a fact now. It can change. In civilized countries the goal is to have 100% coverage. Sweden has 100% coverage. Finland has 100% coverage. Romania has 97.3 literacy rate. The perspective in these things is very different. There is nothing wrong in it though.

But this test is performed between the closest servers? Maybe not correct.I pay around 10 EUR/monthLatency to Setti around 45 ms.P.S> Limonad, i just want to add that before my ISP was very bad, but i changed it thanks to Setti. Cos my ping and lagging was just terrible with previous provider. Now Ok.

Sorry to use the same benchmark as for Romania but: 99.7%. Russia is very well connected to the internet. Just download any random torrent file on The Piratebay and you will see Russian seeders. This is something that isn't common for all countries.

There are lots of other "indirect benchmarks" for this kind of stuff. For example see BOINC STATS for Aqua@Home: http://boincstats.co...p?pr=aqua&st=0. USA is the 1st because many "unknown" countries are also assigned there. Russia is high too which means that they are a developed country and they have 140M population. Then there is Finland (population 5M) on 18th position. Norway (population 5M) on 9th position. Romania (population 21M) 26th position.

My speedtest:
Posted Image
Posted Image

#12 CC:)

• Members
  • 346 posts
  • LocationMoscow, RU

Posted 12 November 2010 - 08:15 AM

@ Lots of offtopic

That's what I'm saying. 10 years ago ALL PEOPLE IN SWEDEN had the same connection you have now.

Wow, Sweden! We have same situation like fofo described, have fast internet only in big cities. Small cities have usually low speed.

There are lots of other "indirect benchmarks" for this kind of stuff. For example see BOINC STATS for Aqua@Home: http://boincstats.co...p?pr=aqua&st=0. USA is the 1st because many "unknown" countries are also assigned there. Russia is high too which means that they are a developed country and they have 140M population. Then there is Finland (population 5M) on 18th position. Norway (population 5M) on 9th position. Romania (population 21M) 26th position.

These stats do not show the average amount of credit per person :blink: :confused:

If we devide total credit in Finland/population we will get 91.5M/5.5M = 16.6
Russia 588/140 = 4.2
Romania = 1.8
Japan = 1.6
Italy = 2.1
France = 10
Spain = 1.3
Greece = 1.8 - if this data is true, then Why EU accuses Greece, Germany should look first at thier credit ratio...
Germany = 12.0
and USA = 8.8

So does it mean that credit pressure in EU is much more higher then even in US?

I cant believe it! k1ller these stats are correct? Official source? Just looks very strange...I gotter to find out some USA source at thier government pages. And if possible, k1ller find Finnish government stats from official sources..we will compare.

#13 NekiNeznanec

NekiNeznanec

Expert

• Members
  • 233 posts
  • LocationSlovenija

Posted 12 November 2010 - 09:27 AM

These stats do not show the average amount of credit per person :blink: :confused:

If we devide total credit in Finland/population we will get 91.5M/5.5M = 16.6
Russia 588/140 = 4.2
Romania = 1.8
Japan = 1.6
Italy = 2.1
France = 10
Spain = 1.3
Greece = 1.8 - if this data is true, then Why EU accuses Greece, Germany should look first at thier credit ratio...
Germany = 12.0
and USA = 8.8

So does it mean that credit pressure in EU is much more higher then even in US?

I cant believe it! k1ller these stats are correct? Official source? Just looks very strange...I gotter to find out some USA source at thier government pages. And if possible, k1ller find Finnish government stats from official sources..we will compare.

I ask the same question, adding: Is this showing countries' debts?

If so, it is strange.

17,531,866/2 would mean 8.8 ratio for Slovenia, but I know for a fact that in time of our previous gouvernment (2 years back), Slovenia was second behind Luxembourg in lowest public debts rankings in EU. It couldn't possibly change that much in 2 years ? Although the present gouvernment is taking much more loan than they did before.

#14 NekiNeznanec

NekiNeznanec

Expert

• Members
  • 233 posts
  • LocationSlovenija

Posted 12 November 2010 - 09:30 AM

Ok it doesn't show debts.. I haven't read it well before.. However, interesting scales.

#15 CC:)

• Members
  • 346 posts
  • LocationMoscow, RU

Posted 12 November 2010 - 10:00 AM

@Neki, thanks...it is ranking on some Aqua@home game credits...OMG...i misunderstood it :mrgreen:

Meanwhile have found USA's consumer credit and mortgage loans debts...it is terrible. Hope they will regulate it.

#16 BlackList

BlackList

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 04:47 AM

Posted Image

But i think is bullshit....i want to change on 50Mb fiber optic cable not adsl,
i will get 50MB on download and 2,5MB on upload!
My name on server is [BlackList`] and i always get a ping like 90-105 maximum , where is the server Russia? then from Spain to Russia are like 5000 km.
Posted Image

#17 MiXFiX

MiXFiX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 05:41 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image

#18 Saatanantaja

Saatanantaja

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 08:08 AM

Posted Image

#19 fofo

fofo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 912 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 15 November 2010 - 09:57 AM

Saatana just embarassed us all :))) Dude, you have that at home? Or is it the work connection ?

#20 k1ller

k1ller

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 4,250 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 10:31 AM

It's not a competition! :twisted:

Setti (website) connection:
Posted Image

Saatanantaja is practically testing the local network at CSC as they are located in Espoo. :lol:
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users