Masterserver installation instructions

• Please log in to reply
227 replies to this topic

#181 Guest_hP321helder

Guest_hP321helder
  • Guests

Posted 11 December 2010 - 07:49 PM

Hey guys,
the same happens to me, but its Garry's Mod..

Ive already did everything to make the servers appear.. I just get blank page and "getting new server list" at the bottom ..

#182 Guest_ARGG

Guest_ARGG
  • Guests

Posted 05 January 2011 - 03:22 PM

I downloaded TF2 downloaded all the patches(1.1.2.4)and I downloaded this copied it to tf config and to steam config and nothing....PLEASE HELP ME :(

#183 Guest_mrfrosty

Guest_mrfrosty
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2011 - 04:30 AM

it doesn't work for me too guys maybe we just downloaded a bad copy of our games.
maybe.

#184 MvPRO Administrator

MvPRO Administrator

Fakes detector

• Russian Moderator
  • 2,317 posts
  • LocationMoscow, Russia

Posted 18 February 2011 - 10:43 AM

it doesn't work for me too guys maybe we just downloaded a bad copy of our games.
maybe.

Probably.
Lets make setti better!
Find servers which break rules and report!

If you have any questions, you can talk with me on ICQ: 376421296 or E-Mail: admin@mvpro.net

#185 Guest_ijsboer

Guest_ijsboer
  • Guests

Posted 19 February 2011 - 12:06 PM

hi I've TF2 (fully updated) with steam (windows xp SP3 32-bit)
So I've copied your masterservers.vdf over steam's masterservers.vdf (I did not see any masterserver2.vdf)
So in-game the browser was refreshing but after 20 sec. suddenly all the valve servers came back.
So I've deleted it and normal masterservers.vdf came back and I did the install instructions again but no luck.
Any help is welcome thank you.

#186 TastyTeo

TastyTeo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 30 April 2011 - 10:02 AM

In greek if you partially translate Read Only, its "Only for Reading" lulz it might be like this in swedish
I am not helping you in exchange to getting Reputation Points!
I am helping you in exchange to your satisfaction!

Let me promote myself a little bit and make this signature benefitial!
I produce techno music, if you want awesome techno / hands up music on your servers please PM me or contact me through my music YouTube Channel DJTheof or my main Channel TastyTeo!

Greece 4 Ever

#187 Oblivion

Oblivion

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 10:00 PM

ok, well.. i dont have those directories in my c/programfiles/platform/ i have that but the rest is missing.. i know that there is a masterserver because i am using one that isent source but i need to know were else it may be.. or how i can find were it is by looking in a file or something.. please help.

#188 k1ller

k1ller

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 4,250 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 06:17 AM

Use Windows' search to find the masterservers.vdf (or masterserver2.vdf). You can then overwrite all the masterserver.vdf's or you can delete them. Steam will automatically create "master" masterservers.vdf. When you launch games the games might then create their own copy of the masterservers.vdf.

Start by searching for masterservers.vdf in Windows.
Posted Image

#189 Answerwiz

Answerwiz

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 02:12 PM

Thanks.
--

#190 Power Prof

Power Prof

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 04:32 PM

Help Please: Macbook Pro; Do you just change open the .VDF file with Get Info and change the Sharing Permissions privileges on this computer to Read Only?

I am trying to play Left 4 Dead 2 and I really don't understand XD how to set up the Setti Masterserver :C Thanks in advance ^__^ (super simplified if possible :D )

#191 Ghost

Ghost

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 3,640 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 06:30 PM

Replace the file with Setti's version. Then it will work. If you can make the file read-only, then it is protected against changes when updating.

#192 Power Prof

Power Prof

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 07:04 PM

Replace the file with Setti's version. Then it will work. If you can make the file read-only, then it is protected against changes when updating.

to whom is this post made for?

#193 Ghost

Ghost

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 3,640 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 02:12 PM

to whom is this post made for?

It's for you.

Setti's masterserver "installation" is as simple as replacing the Masterservers.vdf file. NOTE: If you have masterserver2.vdf, then replace that file too.

Your Steam must be closed when you replace the files. If you can make the file read-only, then it will protect the masterservers.vdf file from changing by Steam.

#194 MvPRO Administrator

MvPRO Administrator

Fakes detector

• Russian Moderator
  • 2,317 posts
  • LocationMoscow, Russia

Posted 25 May 2011 - 02:16 PM

Power Prof, well. Try it.
[notice me if link will be broken]
Lets make setti better!

If you have any questions, you can talk with me on ICQ: 376421296 or E-Mail: admin@mvpro.net

#195 Novalife

Novalife

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 05:10 PM

i've got a problem with this
i use CS 1.6 without steam on windows i did everything what u said make it read only etc etc.. but when i click Find servers nothing appears not even the screen with like connect servers etc i just stay at the page where the 2 dudes are with those guns

#196 Ghost

Ghost

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 3,640 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 06:38 PM

@ novalife
Download another release. Practically all versions of CS1.6 have Setti masterserver installed by default. That way you don't have to install it by yourself.

Also, some game versions about year ago had bad patches which didn't allow the use of masterservers.vdf file :thumbdown: Maybe you have old version. Download another release and you'll be fine.

#197 MvPRO Administrator

MvPRO Administrator

Fakes detector

• Russian Moderator
  • 2,317 posts
  • LocationMoscow, Russia

Posted 30 May 2011 - 09:23 PM

i've got a problem with thisi use CS 1.6 without steam on windows i did everything what u said make it read only etc etc.. but when i click Find servers nothing appears not even the screen with like connect servers etc i just stay at the page where the 2 dudes are with those guns

Try it.
[notice me if link will be broken]

Lets make setti better!

#198 Asahammer

Asahammer

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 03:21 AM

Hello. I'm having a problem with the Master Server list. I downloaded CounterStrike 1.6 from here: http://www.soft32.co...nload_2541.html

And when I went to run it, it just says it can't contact the Master Server. When I searched for a solution, I found this site, and tried the Master Server file from here, but it still doesn't work. Any help would be much appreciated! :)

-Asahammer

#199 Ghost

Ghost

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 3,640 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 10:27 AM

Install it according to instructions at http://css.setti.inf...r-instructions/

#200 Asahammer

Asahammer

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 03:51 PM

Install it according to instructions at http://css.setti.inf...r-instructions/

I did... and it doesn't work. I tried adding some servers to my favorites list from your server list, but it's weird, because a lot of them show, for example, 20 players, but have no one on, and show a given map, but are actually running a different one. When I got one that was running right, the game crashed, and when I went back in, every button (including quit and options) started connecting to the first server I added to my favorites. What on Earth?

-Asahammer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users