I need some help with "restricted ip range" no fake shit or so

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Ar0N

Guest_Ar0N
  • Guests

Posted 26 November 2010 - 02:24 PM

Okay so, i started a permanent eddicated CS 1.6 server, but my ip is dynamic. I'm using No-IP and this way they can connect trough "aroncs.zapto.org:21974" , but i can't add it on your server list. How can i do that without a static IP. I need the router i have multiple computers in my house. I've put alot of effort in the server and i`d like some help if possible!

Waiting for answer, thanks, Ar0N.

#2 k1ller

k1ller

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 4,250 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 03:49 PM

You can add hostname to the list. For example http://css.setti.inf...etti.info:27015 <- Server is tracked by hostname.

It may take 24 hours for the scanner to scan your server. If your IP changes more often then it's not likely that your server will be ever properly listed. Good servers are static, dedicated 24/7 servers anyway.
Posted Image

#3 Guest_S0m3Th1nG

Guest_S0m3Th1nG
  • Guests

Posted 26 November 2010 - 04:31 PM

Ar0N, personally I am not sure, that you have any chances to be added in Setti. In best way - only VALVE master servers.

#4 Guest_Ar0N

Guest_Ar0N
  • Guests

Posted 27 November 2010 - 09:30 AM

Okay, well let's say my IP changes only once a week, or when the power is taken from my router. But how can i get the server on the list? Or can't i? IT doesn't work the "usual" way. Thanks

#5 Guest_Ar0N

Guest_Ar0N
  • Guests

Posted 27 November 2010 - 09:35 AM

What i don't understand is what you mean by "Hostname". Because of my dynamic IP, i use No-IP to get aroncs.zapto.org:21974 instead of 79.116.84.63:21974. Now, the IP is changing, so if i wouldn't use No-IP id have to share a new ip over and over again. Can you give me an example, or tell me what exactly to type in the submit server box so it will work? Right now, the server has a 90% uptime, because it's on my main computer. If i will start getting more players, other than my friends, ill put it on my unused computer, which is now formatted, where it can run 24/7.

#6 k1ller

k1ller

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 4,250 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 10:47 AM

Hostname is aroncs.zapto.org. So you submit your server as "aroncs.zapto.org:27015". Server scanner will check where the hostname aroncs.zapto.org points to and scan that IP address. When your IP changes the aroncs.zapto.org will point to that address. For server scanner "aroncs.zapto.org" is enough to know.

Problem here is that the server scanner prefers servers which are dedicated and online 24/7. When your IP changes it'll take time to propagate the DNS hostname pointer to your new IP address. You also said that your server is up only 90% of the time. If server scanner tries to scan your server at that 10% downtime it'll be scanned less frequently after that. This way server scanner doesn't have to scan thousands of servers which are down.

So hosting on dynamic IP in practice isn't going to work. Technically there's no problem though.
Posted Image

#7 Guest_Ar0N

Guest_Ar0N
  • Guests

Posted 27 November 2010 - 11:23 AM

Hostname is aroncs.zapto.org. So you submit your server as "aroncs.zapto.org:27015".

okay but my port is 21974. I submit it as aroncs.zapto.org:21974 ???

#8 Guest_Ar0N

Guest_Ar0N
  • Guests

Posted 27 November 2010 - 11:27 AM

i try submit the server as aroncs.zapto.org:21974[cs1.6 emu] and it gives me the "Restricted IP range. Contact Setti administration for server submission.". Should i change the port, or something else? i can get another host name anytime, but i tried with aroncs.hopto.org:21974 too and that was restricted too.

#9 Guest_Ar0N

Guest_Ar0N
  • Guests

Posted 27 November 2010 - 11:40 AM

i try submit the server as aroncs.zapto.org:21974[cs1.6 emu] and it gives me the "Restricted IP range. Contact Setti administration for server submission.". Should i change the port, or something else? i can get another host name anytime, but i tried with aroncs.hopto.org:21974 too and that was restricted too.

also i've just seen your post on another thread "Your IP range is blocked due to hosting fake servers. Lots of Romanians have been hosting tens or hundreds of fake servers. Are you one of them? ". Is it possible that i'm caught in that too? I'm romanian but i don't even know what a redirect server is.
If yes, is there any way to remove the ban? It's probably a rangeban so i think im screwed. Also the server is ON so you can check it's fine...It's the only one i got.

#10 Guest_Ar0N

Guest_Ar0N
  • Guests

Posted 27 November 2010 - 12:19 PM

Did you manually ad me? Players started to come

#11 k1ller

k1ller

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 4,250 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 12:32 PM

There is nothing you can do to remove the block or do anything. The IP range was blocked because lots of your countrymen were hosting fake servers. Your server is unfortunate collateral damage.
Posted Image

#12 Guest_Ar0N

Guest_Ar0N
  • Guests

Posted 27 November 2010 - 12:57 PM

so you can't even add aroncs.zapto.org:21974 manually? oh well, thanks for replying anyway. Bye

#13 k1ller

k1ller

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 4,250 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 01:16 PM

so you can't even add aroncs.zapto.org:21974 manually? oh well, thanks for replying anyway. Bye

It's possible but I don't remember how. Send PM to Ghost.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users