still could not connect to master server problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_dinfineart

Guest_dinfineart
  • Guests

Posted 25 September 2009 - 12:53 PM

I downloaded the masterserver.vdf and followed the instruction given but, i still cannot connect to internet server and it said could not connect to master server to retrieve server list.
pls help

#2 k1ller

k1ller

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 4,250 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 06:26 PM

Check that your firewall isn't blocking the connection.

Another chance is that you didn't install masterserver properly. To re-install delete all masterservers.vdf, start game, exit game, follow the install instructions again. When you start a game without existing masterservers.vdf the file will be created with the default masterserver IPs. That way you can confirm that you'll atleast get the serverlist from the official masterserver. If the official masterservers don't work then you have something else wrong in your system, like firewall settings.
Posted Image

#3 Guest_ILIKECALLOFDUTY

Guest_ILIKECALLOFDUTY
  • Guests

Posted 25 November 2010 - 04:45 AM

Still im getting the same problem I did everything you said, but not working. Its unblocked and tried downloading other master servers file and still not working! How come every games servers works when it comes to counter strike it doesn't?

#4 k1ller

k1ller

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 4,250 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 06:35 AM

How come every games servers works when it comes to counter strike it doesn't?

Maybe your are doing it wrong. Re-install everything.

Another option is that you use Favorites tab to find servers. Check this thread http://css.setti.inf...i-server-lists/ and "Setti favorites list" in there. That way you don't need to use masterserver to find servers but you have all servers on your Favorites tab. Then order by ping and join the servers.

Downside of that method is that the favorites list is static. You need to download the list again to update. However all good servers are dedicated servers running 24/7.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users