16 replies to this topic

#1 k1ller

k1ller

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 4,250 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 06:32 PM

B) B) B) Hello B) B) B)

Setti website has gone through another facelift and the forums have been updated. Everyone needs to register again.

Unfortunately conversion from old forum to this new forum was not possible and thus all threads on the last forum are lost :( The new forum is 10x better than the old one though.
Posted Image

#2 Ghost

Ghost

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 06:55 PM

Welcome.

:D

#3 CC:)

CC:)

• Members
  • 346 posts
  • LocationMoscow, RU

Posted 29 March 2010 - 07:36 PM

HI! Pleasant surprise :) + i am happy we have now very needed bot - Source TV, and on all servers.
We must protect the forest for those who can’t speak.

#4 breezer

breezer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 249 posts
  • LocationDublin

Posted 29 March 2010 - 08:00 PM

lol Ghost and k1ller r newbies :D hey every 1 ;)
Rush 'em n00bs ...

#5 Guest_backis

Guest_backis
  • Guests

Posted 29 March 2010 - 09:20 PM

Am i the only one that can't register?
It says to me that my e-mail is wrong :blink:

#6 fofo

fofo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 912 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 29 March 2010 - 09:31 PM

Am i the only one that can't register?
It says to me that my e-mail is wrong :blink:

Yeah, you're the only one.
Think before you speak before you drive me mad.

#7 backis13

backis13

Expert

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 04:24 PM

Yeah, you're the only one.

You don't want to know the reason :lol:

#8 FakFeijs

FakFeijs

One of us

• Members
  • 135 posts
  • LocationLahti, Finland

Posted 30 March 2010 - 05:37 PM

Backis, you tried to login instead of reg. ?
facefuck

#9 Gringo13

Gringo13

Hell's janitor

• Members
  • 291 posts
  • Location9th Circle (still fixing the heater)

Posted 30 March 2010 - 06:30 PM

LoL there's a bug on this forum, the text under user's picture goes below the line and it's shown on that blue thick line, or is it just me that sees it that way?

#10 Ghost

Ghost

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 11:35 PM

LoL there's a bug on this forum, the text under user's picture goes below the line and it's shown on that blue thick line, or is it just me that sees it that way?

Update your browser.

#11 k1ller

k1ller

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 4,250 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 07:17 AM

Fixed a few layout bugs for IE7.

I recommend people to upgrade to Firefox or Chrome. Opera works too. IE8 works quite well but it's still lacking some features (eg. text shadows).
Posted Image

#12 Guest_Sam

Guest_Sam
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2010 - 10:36 AM

B) B) B) Hello B) B) B)

Setti website has gone through another facelift and the forums have been updated. Everyone needs to register again.

Unfortunately conversion from old forum to this new forum was not possible and thus all threads on the last forum are lost :( The new forum is 10x better than the old one though.

Nice facelift but the fact that all previous threads are lost looks very bad... so many useful questions-answers lost.

#13 Ghost

Ghost

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 11:15 AM

Nice facelift but the fact that all previous threads are lost looks very bad... so many useful questions-answers lost.

Yep. We still have the old forum if somebody comes up with a really difficult question that only someone at the old forum knew how to answer :)

#14 k1ller

k1ller

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 4,250 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 01:10 PM

There is no conversion tool available from the previous forums to this new forum software. It'd be nice to preserve all the previous threads but it doesn't seem to be possible. :(
Posted Image

#15 Guest_MadeItMad

Guest_MadeItMad
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2010 - 02:49 PM

http://www.invisionp...ard/convert.php didn´t work? (would be nice to know cause if so it makes it easier for me to not choose IPB anytime soon for my sites^^)

Anyway, nice work on the new page, the switch to concrete5 some time ago gave SETTi a way more friendly look already.

#16 k1ller

k1ller

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 4,250 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 05:09 PM

:razz: :razz: :razz: Nice tip MIM!!

I read somewhere that conversion from phpBB3 was not possible. But it is! The conversion script for phpBB3 has been updated 2010-02-12 so it might be the initial release. I tried to look for conversion scripts a few weeks ago so I might have missed it at that time...

The conversion utility was easy to use although there were some problems... nothing too severe though.

C5 is working nicely too. However latest site update bypasses lots of C5 functionality. It's more convenient for adept server admins to more directly edit content than using WYSIWYG editors to do stuff. For example editing news on the front page is much easier with emacs + direct database editing than logging in to C5 and writing the news in TinyMCE editor.

Edited by k1ller, 01 April 2010 - 05:09 PM.
I'd +1 your rep but you posted with guest account

Posted Image

#17 k1ller

k1ller

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 4,250 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 05:13 PM

Although posts from previous board were recovered I'm not sure if user accounts work as well. The conversion script handled them too so they should work... however registering a new account is just the same. Old PMs were lost because they weren't converted - it'd be possible to convert them too with the convert utility though. PM system in phpBB in general is very stupid. Impossible to search PMs and etc.

IPB looks very promising! :cool:
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users