Setti #2 rtv problem

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Sculder

Sculder

President

• 363 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 03:43 PM

I recommend removing rockthevote commands from custom map server. Yesterday, I played 3 maps and we didn't finish any of them. Most players typing "RTV RTV RTV" at start of the round. And then more noobs join hoping for dust2 and start rtv'ing as soon as they die. If anyone interested, I can provide demos how after rtv's they vote and few minutes after in the next map they vote again. And this is common in there.

#2 b00bs

b00bs

Wickedsick Member

• Members
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 04:01 PM

I noticed that too, nabs are like - "wtf this map is, where is office, rtv trv rtv" :D
RTV should be disabled for that server.

#3 Xarc

Xarc

Truck Driver

• Moderators - Minecraft admin
  • 923 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 04:42 PM

the solution is another dust2 forever :D

#4 Guest_tom

Guest_tom
  • Guests

Posted 16 February 2011 - 05:51 PM

I agree with sculder, also a few new maps would be nice, there are many good custom maps out there.

#5 fofo

fofo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 912 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 16 February 2011 - 06:42 PM

Yeah, and remove tropical wasteland cuz is shit.
Think before you speak before you drive me mad.

#6 Dr.Pope

Dr.Pope

Regular

• Members
  • 63 posts
  • LocationBucarest, Romania/Warrensburg, NY

Posted 17 February 2011 - 01:44 PM

I agree tropic wasteland should be removed :) AND some other new custom maps should be allowed. And removing rtv may be a good idea. It'll be nice to actually finish a round.

#7 k1ller

k1ller

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 4,250 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 03:28 PM

Rock the vote is now disabled. I agree that new maps should be allowed and installed and nice.
Posted Image

#8 Al1

Al1

Pro

• Moderators - CS admin
  • 700 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 03:44 PM

:smile-thumbs-up: :thumbsup: :thumbup:

#9 Drickz

Drickz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 18 February 2011 - 09:12 AM

RTV is gone, nice :)

de_citadella is nice map which I used to enjoy when I played on another server. (sample: http://www.gamebanana.com/maps/128156)

Is it also possible to have "Extend map" come up on the bottom of the list when the map vote pops? As most people just press 1.

You're doing good hosting these servers :thumbup:

See you on Setti #2 :gun:

#10 zza

zza

Regular

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 11:19 AM

Rtv is still enabled. i was there today and they changed the map

#11 herccu( fin)

herccu( fin)

• New Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 18 February 2011 - 12:20 PM

k1ller u liar rtv is still enabled :D would be nice to get rid of it:) and idea of more maps sounds great too get bit tired of playing same maps over and over again. there isnt a lot of maps ppl play on 2 becouse rockthevote, as soon as some less played map comes everybody vote for rtv and were back to the same maps again thats annoying! would appreciate if new maps will be added :notworthy:

#12 Dr.Pope

Dr.Pope

Regular

• Members
  • 63 posts
  • LocationBucarest, Romania/Warrensburg, NY

Posted 19 February 2011 - 02:11 PM

I confirm that "rtv" worked today. AND I still support the idea that Tropic wasteland should be out of the map list, and a few more should be added :)

#13 Sculder

Sculder

President

• 363 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 07:59 AM

rtv is still there. Voting comes up during fight so I don't even remember voting. Last thing I know map changes for NO REASON :) 20s after ~5 players rtv'ing again and plus more later.

#14 Das

Das

One of us

• Members
  • 163 posts
  • LocationMoldova

Posted 14 March 2011 - 08:02 AM

rtv is still there. Voting comes up during fight so I don't even remember voting. Last thing I know map changes for NO REASON :) 20s after ~5 players rtv'ing again and plus more later.

yes, rtv realy suck !

#15 Marioc

Marioc

Master

• 1,408 posts
  • LocationAthens

Posted 08 April 2012 - 02:54 PM

Since the RTV is not disabled yet I had to post. They RTV continuously. We were on De_nightfever, they rocked the vote. 3 mins late on cpl_strike they did again. So k1lzzor better disable it. :)
EDIT : after cpl_strike it was losttemple_pro. They did it again. now on our way to siena. Just disable it.

#16 b00bs

b00bs

Wickedsick Member

• Members
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:32 PM

PM k1ller including link to this thread. RTV is problem on pub2 and it should be disabled or required votes increased by ~50%

#17 SyrinXeno

SyrinXeno

Setti's "cheating" regular

• Moderators - CS admin
  • 596 posts
  • LocationRight behind you with a knife ;)

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:36 PM

Increasing required votes instead of removing it would be better in my opinion.

#18 GR Mavro

GR Mavro

One of us

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • LocationGreece, Macedonia

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:41 PM

Since the RTV is not disabled yet I had to post. They RTV continuously. We were on De_nightfever, they rocked the vote. 3 mins late on cpl_strike they did again. So k1lzzor better disable it. :)
EDIT : after cpl_strike it was losttemple_pro. They did it again. now on our way to siena. Just disable it.

Regulars on pub 2 may not want this, just do as boobz and syrin says to increase votes. Marioc play in pub 2 since yesterday and he didnt ask any of the regulars there.
Be the BEST of the Rest...

#19 Marioc

Marioc

Master

• 1,408 posts
  • LocationAthens

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:49 PM

Marioc play in pub 2 since yesterday and he didnt ask any of the regulars there.

You are quite right at this part. I didnt ask anyone. I just said my opinion. k1ller has the last word.

#20 _OrioN

_OrioN

Regular

• Members
  • 82 posts
  • LocationBulgaria

Posted 08 April 2012 - 04:28 PM

new maps + no rtv = good idea :clap:

“Nothing in the world is worth having or worth doing unless it means effort.” Teddy Roosevelt

mind power techniques

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users