PROs, life & CS:S.

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_

Guest_
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2009 - 06:24 PM

Ok, I had a discussion with Perplexer about PROs players, balance in Setti server, how players play in Setti server and stuff.Now in my opinion there are 2 categoris of players:
1.Who play in public server and dont give a shit about, cover, strategy, team work, etc
2. Same public players but, this category I can call good players ( not with brains like Perplexer say, I will say later why )
We exclude PROs, because they dont give a shit about us, average players, good players or whatever you wanna call it.( I explain later why )

Now, about first category, Perplexer call many players they are idiots because they dont cover tunnel for exemple in de_prodigy ( is happening today ), I dont think is corect, why ?
Because they are human with problems, most of this humans got problems in their life, they have another important things to do and they dont give a shit about your tunnel, they play just for fun and thats it, for exemple, I saw my brother when he play CS:S, he dont give a shit about team work, strategy, or something like that, why ? Because he got a baby, he got problems in his life he have another important things to do so for him a video game is just a shit.

So again Perplexer, if a player doest cover or he doest play like how you want this doest mean he is IDIOT, n00b, retards, no brains, etc.

Now the second category, is addicted gamers, this guys ( I can include my self ) they give a shit about game, they have problems too, like everyone, noone from this world dont have problems in their life, but this addicted guys put CSS for first plan, and problems to second plan, its hard, but they try to do this. So they give a shit about your tunnel, about team work, gameplay, etc.But, this doest mean this guys are smart and in real life, I saw many very good players who are so idiots in real life, do only stupid things, for exemple I have a stunner in my neighborhood who smoke every fucking day blunts and drink like a retard, but in cs 1.6 is the king, he play incredible good, ( or with brains like you like to say ).So in this category are 2 categories, one, smart ppl in game and in real life, and second, smart in game and retards in real life.

So, thing about it, try to be open mind, for most humans, the life is more important than a video game, and thats why they dont give shi to cover your tunnel, they got health problems, money problems ( now is crysis ), girlfriend/wife broken heart, car break, death in family, etc, etc, etc.

Now about PROs, what I can say about this guys, man I dont play in my life with real PROs because they dont wast their time in public or any server you see in steam list, trust me, even in your 5000 server list, you will not find ANY real PRO in the public list, maybe you will gonna say, TupaC is n00b he doest know what is talking about, I know what I talking about, you wanna know what PROs doing all day ?
They traning all day, they do stragegys, they find another secret spots, plans, etc, etc.

For this guys CS:S is like a work place, they got money, they life with that, so thats why they cover the tunnel :), have hundred of plans, strategy, secret place on maps, bhop, special jumps, etc, etc,etc.

Trust me Perplexer, you dont see from when you play CSS what this guys know, I see with my eyes demos and I say, man... this guys are not from our planet, for real I tell ya.

If you dont belive me, go download demos from here, and wach it, I suggest you to download compLexity clan demos and wach fr0d ( the guy about I tell you in de_nuke today, its just a monster with awp this guy, go wach it ---- http://www.gotfrag.com/css/demos/

If you think you can play like they, go ahead play with them ( PROs ).

In finnaly what I can say, be realistic and thing about it, Perplexer, most of players dont give a shit about your tunnel from de_prodigy.

Peace !

( Sorry for my bad english I write it fast and didtn check test again )

#2 Guest_

Guest_
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2009 - 09:21 PM

Part 1 of 2 :-)

Ok you talk a lot of crap CrappaC like usual but ok. I have just watched one of the demos from your link and watched that fr0d noob (de_season). I was disapointed. What do you see there ? One time he did do 3 nice AWP kills in a row but that was it. The rest was average. He got killed pathetically a few times and bitch-flashed also at which I actually laughed. What he did do is learn the map. Which brings me to the real point ....

I guess everybody has his own definition of noob and PRO. And our two definitions obviously aren't compatible. First of all, I don't mix RL and CSS. I don't care who hides behind TupaC in RL and what his problems are. When I'm playing all I care about is the GAME. And in the game we got noobs and PROs. At least I learned to split them into two categories. You might have some category in between also.

Note that I don't categorize players into those two groups based on their skills that much. Many of us have had good killing sprees and good dying sprees. :-) Sometimes I can have 41:10 score and sometimes I get 15:17. Based on that you can't tell whether the player is a noob or a PRO. Of course it matters in general but for me, the major facor is gamesense. So, noob is a players who blocks, teamattacks, teamflashes, uses smoke in totally inappropriate positions (ie. giving enemy the advantage), doesn't go for the bomb, etc etc. A PRO is a player who gives room to a fellow sniper, does not crowd a room, does not teamflash, uses smoke with brain, keeps his eyes on the radar 50% of the time to mentally build a layout of the enemy on the map, etc.

So that's my definition. For example Ghost, k1ller, TupaC, also Nemes and some others, they don't necessarily have 50:7 scores but they know the mission is to plant or rescue. I would categorize them as PROs instead of noobs. I guess that's not the PROs you think of TupaC but I mean they are the players I would much rather play with in my team than with STALKER for example. Now you see what I mean ?

#3 Guest_

Guest_
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2009 - 09:37 PM

Part 2 of 2 :-)

I am sick and tired of noobs who run after me to the roof in de_piranesi when I AWP. Terros will usually throw flash there and the CT noob with a pistol next to me will just crouch and wait until the flash passes. In the mean time I will be blocked there with AWP and can't hide. Two seconds later, 2 grenades will fall there and kill both of us. Or imagine cs_italy. I am CT and get AWP and clear the house. Then I try to snipe from the last room and 2 noob CTs with M4 block me so I can't hide. I know it's funny and I know that we have all experienced this and we still do. So this is what I am tired of. I'd like to play with 10 Perplexers in my team :-) so that I can really play free and not get killed because of my noob teammates. I don't have a problem if an enemy kills me. He shot better. But when he kills me because a noob flashed or blocked me then I get really pissed off.

I know most of you noobs call me camper and I don't know if that's because I'm just so much better than you :-) but in fact it's very hard for me to camp. If I do it, it's because you noobs play like snails, even those of you who have usually good scores. But on Setti you cant rush alone. This is 20vs20 not 5vs5. For example in train as T I can rush very nicely to B and mostly I succeed but when I look at the radar I see that I am alone. Fuck that. I get angry and I decide I dont want to die for noob team and then I start camping and playing for MY RANK instead of TEAM WIN. If team would follow me we could plant B within 15 seconds from start. But instead the round lasts 2 minutes and ends up with a camper on some side. We all call eachother names, although mostly for fun, but if I end up alone on a map against 3 enemy noobs you all know who's gonna win with some nice moves and tactics. You can't deny that. :-)

Anyway, I have watched only one demo from your link but honestly, to me that was nothing special. I see the same on Setti every day, except with added noobs who annoy us all.

I could write soooooo much more but I just can't. Several times I have though about writing a PRO guide for CSS but I don't have the time. With PRO I mean tactics, positions, the things you said those clans use. I surely don't know everything and every good position on every map but I damn well know a lot more than most players on Setti and that would be a lot of writing material already.

#4 Guest_

Guest_
  • Guests

Posted 11 July 2009 - 01:51 AM

Well then perplexer, you can add me to your pro list. I usually don't get a high a score, but i play with my brains. no teamflash, no smoke in bad places, no tk, and so on and so on. And don't deny that, you cunt.

On another point of view, i don't give a shit who's behind the nickname. Not on him, not on his problems. Who the hell needs an internet friend? Now really...it's just a game, even perplexer got that, who's playing 22/24.

#5 Guest_1337 Guest

Guest_1337 Guest
  • Guests

Posted 11 July 2009 - 01:36 PM

Following Tupac's reply, dude your making good progress with your english skills, keep it up!

tl;dr version of your text would be: "some people play cs on a rare occasion to chill out and some other play on a regular basis to escape from real world problems", like Perplexer said, when hes playing he only cares about the game.

Now Perplexer is a bit of a hypocrite, but thats not for me to judge.
My point here being that you're angry when in game, teamkilling your teammates when they don't go where you want them to, then camping yourself till the time runs out. You talk and act like you are PRO and whenever someone has a case against you Ghost and k1ller run out of their holes claiming "Perplexer is camping to save the gun for nextround, so he can sit in pit on long A and help his team". Sorry but what a bunch of bullshit.
This is a public server where we come to chill out after a hard day at work/school/uni/whatever and then we see this guy who is wasting time and aggravating the situation himself. It only slightly bothers me, since I play with music on and chatting with friends when you are up there strategically awping but I know its annoying.
Hmm this sounds a bit like a rant, so

anyways I'm slowly drifting away from the purpose of this: Want to play with 10 Perplexers? Just join/make a team and go playing smart and let those who play here for a laugh in peace.

ALso no need to go to USA to find good cs gamers, here a clip from last french lan79 by Guardian, guy is from Slovakia. http://www.wipido.co...eo/L4Sy5JNkzabg (no youtube, cause those fags deleted the audio)
Go ahead call him a noob.

#6 Guest_Abomination

Guest_Abomination
  • Guests

Posted 11 July 2009 - 05:21 PM

Heh that guy is from Slovakia is probably pro only in de_dust2 since he is probably playing it nonstop, i wonder how would he play a map he has't played ever before, and those players perplexer called average players, well i don't know, but i guess u can't determine who is better there or here on setti if u never saw them play here, or who is pro or who is noob, the same way u can't say some1 is stupid if u never saw a smart person (if you don't include yourself ), i believe this demos don't tell u much because you can't compere the players, you can say: WOU!! this guy shoots really good , yea maybe, but what if in (just 4 example) that clip where lan79 gave hs through doors were just moments in a 2 year period or maybe he used hacks or something else (this might not be the case here but still) therefor i believe that the only way to see how good is some you have to see him play with some you know how hard is to kill or just play with the guy and even than you can't say he's better than some1 you saw in another clip and besides proving how good you really are, or some1 else, can only be shown in lan parties the only place u can't cheat ( not 100% about "only")

#7 Guest_

Guest_
  • Guests

Posted 12 July 2009 - 03:44 AM

I totally agree with TupaC.
I never thought of it that way but it makes a lot of sense, yeah some people become stressed out from their daily lives - arguments, family issues, work, relationships and friendships. So they use CS:S as a way to relax, blow off some steam. And last thing they need is some over-hyped 24/7 gamer to insult them because they're not doing what said gamer wants them to do.

Well said TupaC.

To anyone who don't agree with tupac, think of it this way, what if you don't like playing games, and your way of relaxing is smoking, or driving, or working out or having intercourse - how would you feel if someone was following you around yelling at you, telling you your a worthless noob who can't do anything right?

---

lol I'm in my own category - care's about strategy, responds to radio calls, covers tunnels and other players BUT can't aim or shoot for shit :D

#8 NekiNeznanec_

NekiNeznanec_

Regular

• Guests
  • 80 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 09:52 AM

Sigma; your comparison doesn't make any sense... In a multiplayer video game it is expected to play with other players who are either cool with ur play style or not.
About Tupac's point: I have problems in RL too. I play CSS to relax. I fall into the game and make it a lil serious (Setti-public serious) so I concentrate on the game and forget about other things. So I "cover tunnel" although I play this game for fun, to get away from RL for a while.
Perplexer: 10 of you on a team? The one Perplexer u would personate would see them ass noobs anyways cause ur style is "I get unlucky, others do mistakes". So no, from ur point of view you could never play with ten Perplexers.

#9 Guest_

Guest_
  • Guests

Posted 12 July 2009 - 10:19 AM

lulz i now imagine how 10 Perplexers block/TK each other to death, in de_dust2's pit :D

#10 Guest_

Guest_
  • Guests

Posted 12 July 2009 - 10:59 AM

lol funny, but you see, there's the difference. While you actually imagine that, Perplexer doesn't even think about going into the pit if he sees another player is already there. Instead he will go behind the "box" and cover the door. You see the difference ? Usually noobs will crowd in the pit like it normally happens in dust2, but not Perplexer. :-)

Correct tactics should be:
1. plant bomb to the edge
2. AWP goes to the pit and covers bomb
3. AK goes behind the box and covers door

Until this day only I have mastered this technique. Nobody else has the brains do realize it. Just watch next time when dust2 is on how noobs lose the round because they dont know how to do it properly.

If I was a clan leader and I was recruiting/testing a new clan member, I would first tell him to plant the bomb on de_dust2 and on de_piranesi. That would quickly show me if he has brains or not.

#11 Guest_

Guest_
  • Guests

Posted 12 July 2009 - 08:39 PM

OMG Perplexer, chill down man. Brains ... I have brains but maybe they are not set to do things as u wish them to do. That means i'm brainless? No that means I'm playing to relax after a fucking nice day (for example today I lost a good newspaper writer from my paper, I had to watch for my litlle girlie for couple of hours and then had to finish my work here, at home, tonight). So if you call me brainless today I could hire some ukrainiens to give u an ass-rape. BUT, that doesn't mean I won't watch u'r back, plant or rescue. ONLY THAT I don't want you to tell me what to do, capisci? If I join setti to play I'm not joining Perplexer's world and execut his command ...

This topic is nice but I think that every each one player is different, every each player has a way of thinking, a way of playing, etc etc. There are no categories. Maybe there are some common figures and could have statistically speaking some categories, but every person is different.

#12 Guest_

Guest_
  • Guests

Posted 12 July 2009 - 11:06 PM

You shouldn't do these things because I want you to but because they are required by CSS, d'oh! Cover, plant, defuse, rescue is the idea of CSS, not me. OMG! If you disagree then you have come to the wrong place and the wrong game to relax, paly. Go cycling, listening to music, reading, ...

#13 Guest_

Guest_
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2009 - 03:54 AM

Okay then how about this - people who don't speak English PISS EVERYONE OFF :lol:
seriously they're always team flashing, TAing, TKing, camping with bomb etc. anyone agree with me?

#14 Guest_

Guest_
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2009 - 12:58 PM

You shouldn't do these things because I want you to but because they are required by CSS, d'oh! Cover, plant, defuse, rescue is the idea of CSS, not me. OMG! If you disagree then you have come to the wrong place and the wrong game to relax, paly. Go cycling, listening to music, reading, ...

Youre taking pub playing way to serious man. You should relax instead, join some gather chans and play (fun) matches if youre so "pro" or goal addict, however you want to name it.
Yesterday, after nearly 2 years, i played my first fun match again, and i tell you, you should try the same since it makes fun & everyone aims for the same goal, its not about "omg i made the 1337 hax0r scorez".

#15 Guest_

Guest_
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2009 - 01:45 PM

Try to understand, for Perplexer this Counter Strike Source its his own life, he doest joke when he plays, he think hes gonna die for real if noone will not cover his ass.

#16 Guest_

Guest_
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2009 - 03:27 PM

How can one relax on this game especially on this server?
I literally break a mouse every couple of weeks playing this server.

If I want to relax I pick up an indie or simulation game not CSS nor any other shooter for that matter.
Shooters are not a good relaxation method.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users