Can't Connect!!!

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_aTastyCookie

Guest_aTastyCookie
  • Guests

Posted 30 November 2009 - 02:00 PM

I have downloaded a CLEAN FULL CSS and patched it to V.19. BUT i cant connect to the games AND i can see 400+ servers. I can oni connect to ONE of them BUT i cant connect to it now :( I realli wan to play CSS can you guys help me?

#2 k1ller

k1ller

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 4,250 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 02:11 PM

What is the error message you see? Why can't you join?
Posted Image

#3 Guest_aTastyCookie

Guest_aTastyCookie
  • Guests

Posted 01 December 2009 - 07:22 AM

What is the error message you see? Why can't you join?

The error message is Connection failed after 4 retries. I cant even go to 24ping servers. THanks for replying =)

#4 k1ller

k1ller

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 4,250 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 10:24 AM

Check that your firewall isn't blocking any connections. Usually there is some error message if you have an old version or something like that.

Have you tried to connect to Setti? IP is css.setti.info (188.40.40.201).
Posted Image

#5 Guest_aTastyCookie

Guest_aTastyCookie
  • Guests

Posted 02 December 2009 - 12:36 PM

Check that your firewall isn't blocking any connections. Usually there is some error message if you have an old version or something like that.

Have you tried to connect to Setti? IP is css.setti.info (188.40.40.201).

I can connect to that. But i will be kicked out due to high ping. I can only connect to that . I cant connect to those at the internet tab.
Again, Thanks for replying.

~Im Tasty :lol:

#6 k1ller

k1ller

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 4,250 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 08:28 AM

That's a strange problem... I don't know what could be causing it. If you can play other online games then it's not the firewall. If other online games don't work either then there's definitely something wrong in your network (firewall, router, isp?).

Try to download a different release maybe?
Posted Image

#7 Guest_aTastyCookie

Guest_aTastyCookie
  • Guests

Posted 05 December 2009 - 08:47 AM

Is it because i am from Singapore? Yes i can play other games. Thanks for replying ^^

#8 Ghost

Ghost

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 3,640 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 07:40 AM

You have high ping because you are from Singapore. That's why you get automatically kicked.

#9 Guest_BuZZter

Guest_BuZZter
  • Guests

Posted 16 December 2009 - 10:53 PM

Hey..can someone help me please??....i downloaded the MasterServers.vdf, copied it to the config dir, made it READ ONLY and i still get the message "Steam Valdidation rejected". please.....help!!!

#10 k1ller

k1ller

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 4,250 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 01:49 PM

Make sure you are actually getting the serverlist from Setti - order servers by number of players and you should find "Powered by css.setti.info" at the top. If you don't see that server then your serverlist is still coming from Valve. Delete all masterservers.vdf in you game directory or Steam directory and then follow the install instructions again.

"Steam Valdidation rejected" <- Some servers may say that for non-Steam players. Try to randomly join more servers.
Posted Image

#11 Guest_axes

Guest_axes
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2010 - 01:10 PM

I have downloaded a CLEAN FULL CSS and patched it to V.19. BUT i cant connect to the games AND i can see 400+ servers. I can oni connect to ONE of them BUT i cant connect to it now :( I realli wan to play CSS can you guys help me?

I'm getting the same problem, I can only connect to the Setti server, but none of the others. My firewall is not blocking the needed connections, and I get a good latency on the Setti server. What could be the problem?

#12 k1ller

k1ller

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 4,250 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 06:01 PM

What is the error message you get? Most likely you can join some other servers too but you just haven't found them yet - try 15 other servers to be sure. Some server patches allow all players while others don't let standalone releases in.
Posted Image

#13 Guest_timur

Guest_timur
  • Guests

Posted 27 January 2010 - 06:29 PM

the same problem, i cant connect to the servers, i download everytime masterserverlist, but the same problem,
and i cant see any reason.... and i get no eror massege.....

i get nothing just cant connect( i have this problem 1,5 month),cant connect and after trying to connect to any server i lose connection to internet for 1, 2 minutes.... :twisted:

before . in 2009 i had never problem...

#14 k1ller

k1ller

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 4,250 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 08:02 AM

You have probably some firewall installed or bad ISP. Can you play any online games at all?
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users