Left 4 Dead 2 - 2.0.0.8

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_MStream1

Guest_MStream1
  • Guests

Posted 16 January 2010 - 03:28 PM

Hi Ghost,

my dedicated L4D2 Linux Server patched with RevEmu doesn't come up on the list.
I've tried it by adding it by ip:port and fqdn:port, no success. Can you please have
a look what's wrong?

wumania.mine.nu:28963

After I've submitting it through the form I can see udp Packets on Port 28963 that
come in on my side.

Looking forward to hearing from you, thanks,
MStream1

#2 Ghost

Ghost

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 3,640 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 05:39 PM

It's not responding. Make sure you haven't banned Setti's IP 188.40.40.201 or blocked network connections in firewall.

#3 Guest_MStream1

Guest_MStream1
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2010 - 08:46 PM

Hi again,

thanks for your answer. I have a "whitelist" firewall, I have to allow any communication and
at the end of the chain there's log rule before it will be dropped. But I can't see any logged
/ dropped packets. Maybe the arguments to srcds_run are wrong. I have not specified any
ip (through +/-ip or +/-hostip). I've only specified the Port with -port 28963. My whole
command looks like this:
./srcds_run -port 28963 -game left4dead2 +map c1m1_hotel +exec versus.cfg > ./server.log 2>&1 &

I'm behind a router with a forwarding rule: udp/28963 -> serverip udp/28963. Should I specify my internal
and my public IP in the command line? Maybe you or another Server Admin can help me to get my
server responding?

I'm going to install a Testserver with the same settings on a Windows machine with a personal firewall.
Maybe there I can see which communication is further needed.

Thanks,
MStream1

#4 Ghost

Ghost

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 3,640 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 03:33 PM

First make sure that your friends can play your server over internet. Then submit the server to Setti.

#5 Guest_MStream1

Guest_MStream1
  • Guests

Posted 18 January 2010 - 05:56 PM

It's me again.

After submitting the Windows Dedicated Server to the List this one showed up in about 20 munites.
So I've decided to Patch the Server again. But now I used the esteamation Tool too. After that
I've submitted it again and now it's up. :D

My friends have played on my Server before via connect wumania.mine.nu:28963. This was
working. Maybe esteamation is needed for Setti scan Tool ?

Anyway, thanks for your Help Ghost,
MStream1

#6 Ghost

Ghost

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 3,640 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 08:44 PM

eSteamation is not needed. You can patch it with "-advanced" and answer all "y" or then just use normal patching.

#7 ibmt500_

ibmt500_

• Guests
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 06:00 PM

eSteamation is not needed. You can patch it with "-advanced" and answer all "y" or then just use normal patching.

u means use VUP to patch engine.dll, right?
but only vup-ed engine crack don't show online number on hlsw, should be how to solve it?

#8 Ghost

Ghost

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 3,640 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 07:16 AM

I don't know about HLSW, but VUP and REV both work OK. Some server admins find the other better than the other. There's no real difference, though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users