107 replies to this topic

#21 Mithrandir

Mithrandir

Istari

• Moderators - CS admin
  • 476 posts
  • LocationBeleriand - Out of Middle Earth

Posted 23 June 2011 - 04:01 AM

No it's not. It's Macedonia, get the fuck over it.

You are wrong! Learn history!

Read about the Balkan wars and few years before and then you will understand how this name was given! Let me make a small explanation.
Those years almost all the Balkans had the name Macedonia with three main nations live there:Greeks with the maximum of population,Bulgarians,and Turks. The secondary nations were: Serbians,Albanians and Romanians.
At the end of 19th century the "big forces"(Austria-Hungary, France,Russia and England) realized that the Ottoman Empire was in its end. They had interests from the train line there and also they wanted to prevent Germany's spread to the East .They started having influence to all these nations and to the Sultan. So, they achieved fights between the nations of Balkan and the same time, had demanded from the Sultan autonomy of the area of Balkans or Macedonia(call it as you like) with the excuse that this area was "on fire".So the Sultan was unable to do anything and recognized Macedonia as autonomous state and Greeks,Bulgarians,Turks and Jews from Thessaloniki on the governance!
After the treaty of Berlin immediately all the nations of Balkan were starting to pretend that the ancient Macedonians(Greeks) were their brothers who lost in the depths of centuries because they realized what is going to happen and that the Greeks will overpower in the whole area as before the Ottoman empire(with the blesses of the big forces of course). All Europe knew that Macedonia was (and still is) Greek and this was a fact for them.
However,in 1908, the "movement of Young Turks" was in the game again and Macedonia was incorporated into the ottoman empire.
Then, the Balkan wars followed in 1912-13, which created the current countries of the Balkan Peninsula.
In 1923, a big population exchange happened (which is determinative for our theme) and the Greek element was still the overwhelming majority of the population of Macedonia(Balkans) and thus, the greater part of Macedonia was incorporated into Greece, a smaller to Bulgaria and the rest to the kingdom of Serbia.This kingdom involved Croatia and Slovenia and renamed as Yugoslavia! After the split of Yugoslavia in 1991 FYROM created from nowhere.

They can keep this name as a memory/evisceration of who ruled them and the Balkans before the Ottomans, but, they cannot build statues saying that they are descendants of ancient Macedonian Greeks.They can't even speak Greek.
The real Greeks kept their language and religion after 400 years of capture and big pain by the Turks. What they kept if they are Macedonians? They are Slavs!! A different race!!! Get it now??
If they set it like that, with their poor thought,the half Europe,Africa and almost all the Asia are Greek,because of Alexander the Great! But it's not!

Cheers!
"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it"
Voltaire

#22 S1lent

S1lent

One of us

• Members
  • 182 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 23 June 2011 - 06:22 AM

Hmm...i see you want to continue this topic...ok then...

Posted Image

-[color="#FF0000"]What language is this?
-[color="#0000FF"]Greek.

-[color="#FF0000"]Where is this thing located?
-[color="#0000FF"]Parliament of FYROM, Skopje.

-[color="#FF0000"]Can a FYROMian understand or read what it says?
-[color="#0000FF"]No.

-[color="#FF0000"]Can a Greek understand/read what it says?
-[color="#0000FF"]Yes.

-Macedonian (Greek) Names-

Alexander: (Αλέξανδρος) "ἀλέξω"(defend) + "ἀνδρoς/ανήρ"(men)----> defending men

Philip: (Φίλιππος) "φίλος"(friend) + "ἵππος"(horse)----> friend of horses

These words are Greek. You can only find them in Greek language.

Type in Google: "Alexander name origin" On every website it says that it is of Greek origin. Same with "Philip".

Alexander the great was born in Pella, Greece.

Posted Image

Enough said.
A girl's legs are her best friends... but even the best of friends must part.

#23 Xevax Tavax

Xevax Tavax

Regular

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 08:34 AM

Yay, Austria-Hungary pwnd u! Enemy down. Athens shall be called Budapest Beach again.

Seriously, if I were you, I wouldn't care about FYROM, it's just a few hills inhabited by goats and serbian-like slavs (or slaves? lol). Ok, Alexandros was born there? Who cares, if it's a wild area now.

If I were a Greek, I'd miss the east coast of the Aegean Sea, which is one of the origins and richest areas of the ancient Greek culture, and has never really been a part of Turkey, in cultural terms of course. Just think about Troy, Smyrna, Ephesus etc...

But Macedonia? Eeh, get over it, it's just goats.

#24 fofo

fofo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 912 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 23 June 2011 - 08:36 AM

I was saying smth else. If you want Macedonia, then Romania wants half of Bulgaria back, Moldova back and some parts of Ukraine. Because according to history, those teritories are ours. But we're not gonna get them back just like you're not gonna get Macedonia back. That's all.
Think before you speak before you drive me mad.

#25 S1lent

S1lent

One of us

• Members
  • 182 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 23 June 2011 - 08:40 AM

I was saying smth else. If you want Macedonia, then Romania wants half of Bulgaria back, Moldova back and some parts of Ukraine. Because according to history, those teritories are ours. But we're not gonna get them back just like you're not gonna get Macedonia back. That's all.

we want what? we want nothing! we just dont want them to use the name Macedonia! That's all! we don't want land! where do u live man? They want land! they want the city where i live! their motto is: "Solun (thessaloniki) will be the capital of macedonia again"! Who told you that we want their country? They want ours!

@Xevax The place where Alexander was born belongs to Greece today.

#26 fofo

fofo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 912 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 23 June 2011 - 08:45 AM

Oh, ok. Give it to them :>

#27 S1lent

S1lent

One of us

• Members
  • 182 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 23 June 2011 - 08:46 AM

That smiley is naughty^^

P.S I would rather die than give my home to them.

Did you know that they are collecting money to buy the port of my city?
Did you know that by using the name "Macedonia" in 10 years they will say that they want the Greek part of macedonia?

Oh come on! They speak a slavic language and many of them ask for Bulgarian passports! They are slavs like Slovenians, Croats, Serbs etc..

By "Macedonia is Greek" we mean the history of Macedonia and of course the Greek part of it, not their country!

#28 Mithrandir

Mithrandir

Istari

• Moderators - CS admin
  • 476 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 08:55 AM

I don't want anything back man! That wasn't the reason of my thread! I just want the skopians not to fuck my history!

As for the east cost of Aegean,Smyrna, Constantinople and Pontos this is a big story with very tragic and bad results! Is something that hurts all the Greeks.
If I'll try to write about this,I don't know when I'll stop. Seriously...

p.s. someday I will write for this!
"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it"
Voltaire

#29 S1lent

S1lent

One of us

• Members
  • 182 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 23 June 2011 - 09:01 AM

I don't care about our lands in Turkey. The problem with Turkey is that every day a turkish f-16 flies over our islands claiming that it's their land! That's unbelievable!

#30 Gringo13

Gringo13

Hell's janitor

• Members
  • 291 posts
  • Location9th Circle (still fixing the heater)

Posted 23 June 2011 - 09:03 AM

Ok if they really want more land then they are unreasonable but I would still let them use their name after all they are living on the land of that former Macedonian state and if they would like to be smart and want the whole former Macedonian territory (because admitting that they are Macedonian would also mean that u support the idea that Greek side of Macedonia is Macedonian as well) you just let ppl vote as i hear they are mostly Greek so there would be no problem.

#31 Mithrandir

Mithrandir

Istari

• Moderators - CS admin
  • 476 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 09:20 AM

There's nothing to vote man! The facts are clear! They will never succeed anything with propagandas and lies as Greece is in NATO and in the EU. We don't live in the third world.We are Europeans and noone European country will let them to claim our lands!They are alone in their misery!!!!
Voltaire

#32 Gringo13

Gringo13

Hell's janitor

• Members
  • 291 posts
  • Location9th Circle (still fixing the heater)

Posted 23 June 2011 - 09:47 AM

You are such an IDIOT! Your way of thinking will never solve anything. Most ppl think like you that's why this problem persists instead of taking a step back and evaluate the situation.

#33 Mithrandir

Mithrandir

Istari

• Moderators - CS admin
  • 476 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 09:59 AM

You are such an IDIOT! Your way of thinking will never solve anything. Most ppl think like you that's why this problem persists instead of taking a step back and evaluate the situation.

Yes I am an idiot and thank you very much!
At least I have a proper education and thank God that I'm not illiterate as you are.
I've learned in my life to say things as they are and not to to garble the truth
Voltaire

#34 S1lent

S1lent

One of us

• Members
  • 182 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 23 June 2011 - 11:16 AM

Topic fucked up.

#35 Luffy-4-

Luffy-4-

On my way to Raftel

• Members
  • 253 posts
  • LocationHeraklion,Greece

Posted 23 June 2011 - 12:30 PM

Ok if they really want more land then they are unreasonable but I would still let them use their name after all they are living on the land of that former Macedonian state and if they would like to be smart and want the whole former Macedonian territory (because admitting that they are Macedonian would also mean that u support the idea that Greek side of Macedonia is Macedonian as well) you just let ppl vote as i hear they are mostly Greek so there would be no problem.

The thing is that they dont admit that they are mostly Greek, on the contrary they want people to believe that our history was actually there history, that Great Alexander wasnt actually Greek and his origins where from Skopje that we know nowadays. They dont try to become a part of Greek history there actually trying to steal it from us and the worst thing is that they have the U.S.A. covering their asses. Its really ridiculous. :facepalm: :facepalm:

#36 Xevax Tavax

Xevax Tavax

Regular

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 12:44 PM

You guys don't need to fear, no territorial changes are made nowadays in Europe, (except Kosovo). Even Bosnia has still it's own borders, while changing them could have helped to avoid a lot of human deaths.. but no..

Look what happened to Hungary after 1920:

Posted Image

70% of the Kingdom was taken away and given to other countries - eventually a new state of Slovakia was created. While there were some attempts to change this in the 30s-40s, now we know that there's no fuckin chance to get anything back, especially because Hungarians were mostly thrown out from these areas.

For Macedonia, it is now a slavic state, but as far as I know, Greece is ethnically homogenic, so why should any part of it go to anyone else.. chill down :)

#37 fofo

fofo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 912 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 23 June 2011 - 02:07 PM

Taken away ? Taken back more likely. Especially the romanian parts. Please don't get me started on that. Even when it was part of the Hungarian Kingdom, there were still more romanians there than hungarians. True that !

#38 el greco

el greco

Pro

• Moderators - CS admin
  • 320 posts
  • LocationPERU

Posted 23 June 2011 - 05:11 PM

fofo and Tavax go resolve your problems in an other thread plz.this is for Hellas-FYROM only. ty :geek:
Caer estα permitido, levantarse es obligatorio

#39 Xevax Tavax

Xevax Tavax

Regular

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 12:50 PM

Ok, sorry man, I will try not to go offtopic.

Hey fofo, let's start arguing about the Indian-Pakistani borders. Which one do you want to defend? :D

Posted Image

#40 Marioc

Marioc

Master

• 1,408 posts
  • LocationAthens

Posted 24 June 2011 - 01:47 PM

India ftw ! :-D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users