Regards to the server add.

2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_qweasd147-

Guest_qweasd147-
  • Guests

Posted 09 January 2012 - 05:35 PM

Hi Admin,

I've went to Server Add form there and filled up my server.

This is my server address,

qweasd147.dlinkddns.com:27015

It is a ddns because i'm using a dynamic public IP.. it could help me to update my current IP.

but the questions is,

My server is just on from 10pm to 1am, 3 hours every night.

How long the process it will took to list out my server is your master server board?

And do I have to add everytime when I turn on my server?

Thanks,
qweasd147-

#2 k1ller

k1ller

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 4,250 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 05:54 PM

You can add the domain name. Setti resolves the hostname to a numeric IP address.

In practice your server won't be popular. During the years we have noticed that only dedicated servers become popular. If your server isn't available all the time people won't join. Starting a server requires that there are often players online (eg. you and your friends) and the server is always available.

Your server will be on the list with about 10-60 minute delay. The more often your server is offline the longer the delay. Setti gradually scans offline servers' status less often. That way servers which are offline only a short while will be back on the list quickly. Servers which have been offline for long time (days) will still be scanned but only every 4 hours or so.

My recommendation: Get dedicated server on some good server hosting company.
Posted Image

#3 Guest_Qweasd147-

Guest_Qweasd147-
  • Guests

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:33 AM

Before that, I thought my server is not added into the master server yet even I have filled up the form.

Now I got it, I would try to extend my server up longer.

Thanks, admin.

You're the man.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users