Boost Extra - Not giving me traffic?

7 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Craig

Guest_Craig
  • Guests

Posted 10 January 2012 - 02:39 PM

Hey,

Purchased weekly traffic for 69.172.242.79:27015

I have purchased traffic here before on a number of occasions, and always had great results. But for this server, I see people dropping constantly. For quite a few hours I was in the server watching people come in and instantly leave. This happened many times.

The server is very low populated considering I bought traffic. It got up to 13 people for about 3 minutes and then dropped to 4 people after that.

Any advice/help, because right now I am not getting very good value out of this as my other server would have done much better with it.

#2 k1ller

k1ller

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 4,250 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 02:50 PM

It is much to do about how your server seems to your players. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink. People join your server but after that it's up to them to decide whether they want to play there. If your server lags or doesn't have correct plugins or admins online then people won't stay. They don't want to join your server if it's not good.

Boost doesn't magically create players for your server. Your server is placed on VIP list and then players decide whether it's worthy of their time or not.

It's recommended that you first build your server to be good. Then use boost to get more players. When your server is popular it is likely that players will join there regardless.
Posted Image

#3 k1ller

k1ller

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 4,250 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 02:52 PM

In your server stats it seems that the boost has gained you players. Especially that your server is running with some Pokemod it's quite expected that many players will only see "what is this" and then decide whether they want to continue with it or not.

Your server stats are at http://css.setti.inf...2.242.79:27015/
Posted Image

#4 Guest_Guest

Guest_Guest
  • Guests

Posted 10 January 2012 - 02:53 PM

Okay, I will wait more time. The server is solid right now and has many private plugins with the server. People weren't even getting to the point of joining, there is about a 25 second download for the files and people were leaving before they even fully connected.

If I am unhappy with the service for that server, is it possible to change the boost to a different IP address (with the time left on the server)?

Thank you.

#5 Guest_Guest

Guest_Guest
  • Guests

Posted 10 January 2012 - 02:55 PM

Yes, players have come to the server, it's just that they leave so quickly it doesn't draw in other traffic also.because they leave.

#6 Guest_Craig

Guest_Craig
  • Guests

Posted 10 January 2012 - 03:19 PM

GosTb CS ver. 2.0 dropped
DjeT dropped
*** vor_dush killed ' |GDB|MrBlock HD with a headshot from ak47 ***
(A.D.R.E.N.A.L.I.N.4.I.K) dropped
spey dropped
BOsS_______ dropped
LanetV1.2 dropped
KAPKAN dropped
*** dannn.cs killed Lithefers with a headshot from ak47 ***
This server is using AMX Bank. Type bank_help in console to find out how to use it.
By kloneb@dguy dropped
[AMXX] Type client_commands in console to view a list of useful client commands.
dannn.cs killed Lithefers with ak47
*** ' |GDB|MrBlock HD killed vor_dush with a headshot from m4a1 ***
Pleer dropped
*** vor_dush killed dannn.cs with a headshot from m4a1 ***
' |GDB|MrBlock HD killed Lithefers with m4a1
~<Fallen*Angel'> dropped

In 20 seconds 10 people connected and dropped. That doesn't seem normal to me is why.

#7 Guest_Craig

Guest_Craig
  • Guests

Posted 10 January 2012 - 05:35 PM

And another 30 seconds:

wOker>* dropped
9665496 dropped
(1)Player dropped
unnamed dropped
eQ.lambda` killed Hungary game! with ak47
(1)Player dropped
damir113rus dropped
EcstasY <3 EmA killed Star_4ik with deagle
*** |SoaD|PaNcHo|xD| killed Player with a headshot from m4a1 ***
This server is using AMX Mod X
Visit http://www.amxmodx.org
This server is using AMX Bank. Type bank_help in console to find out how to use it.
Super.Kaza4 dropped
SAK dropped
PAVEL111{3m.1p.D} dropped

I mean that many people dropping just doesn't seem normal and it's been happening like that all day.

#8 k1ller

k1ller

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 4,250 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 08:43 AM

Try to remove all the plugins you have installed. It could be that players want to join your server but some anti-cheat plugin or some other plugin is kicking them immediately.

At Setti servers zBlock forces sv_consistency setting which prevents some players from joining. Maybe you have similar plugin which prevents players from playing.
Posted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users