33 replies to this topic

#1 LemmingGrumpy

LemmingGrumpy

Admin

• Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 07:26 PM

Hey admins,

Saw on the main page that you want some pages translated. Are you talking only about the few lines of text above the server list? Is there more?
I can offer french, spanish and also japanese translation... if you have the fonts for that one, that is...

Let me and the rest of the crew of nerds know.

Cheers

#2 CC:)

CC:)

• Members
  • 346 posts
  • LocationMoscow, RU

Posted 01 April 2010 - 09:05 PM

Dont understand why, English is just so enough...All normal people know it, other guys who dont know, they are not enough intelligent. So the level of communication will drop dramatically :(
We must protect the forest for those who can’t speak.

#3 CC:)

• Members
  • 346 posts
  • LocationMoscow, RU

Posted 01 April 2010 - 09:06 PM

Pathetic, :)

#4 Gringo13

Gringo13

Hell's janitor

• Members
  • 291 posts
  • Location9th Circle (still fixing the heater)

Posted 02 April 2010 - 06:59 PM

A little discriminatory, but yea why not just leave it at english ?

#5 Ghost

Ghost

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 3,640 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 08:42 AM

The few lines on the server list page is enough.

Post your own version and then others can comment on it. I think we got quite good russki translation already.

#6 LemmingGrumpy

LemmingGrumpy

Admin

• Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 11:05 PM

Here we go, sentence by sentence (roughly) in the following order:

English; Japanese; French; Spanish

All servers server list

全サーバー表

Liste de tous les serveurs.

Lista de todos los servidores.

Here are servers for the specific game type.

このページにはゲームサーバーが書いてある。

Vous trouverez sur cette page les serveurs correspondant à chaque type de jeu.

En esta página están los servidores para cada tipo de juego.

The servers are grouped by country.

ゲームサーバーが国別に分類してある。

Ils sont regroupés par pays.

Están agrupados por país.

You can look for servers in your own country or neighbouring countries to find the best ping servers.

自分の国にある又隣の国にあるゲームサーバーを選ぶと一番短いピングになる。

Cherchez les serveurs situés à l’intérieur du pays dans lequel vous vous trouvez, ou dans un pays limitrophe, de façon à identifier les serveurs qui ont le meilleur ping.

Busque los servidores localizados dentro de su propio país, o en un país cerca, para identificar a los servidores con el ping más bajo.

Setti masterserver.

セッティマースターサーバー

Setti masterserver

Setti masterserver

Setti masterserver is recommended way to user the server list. You can install Setti masterserver by following instructions at Setti masterserver installation instructions page.

セッティマースターサーバーということはサーバー表を使う方法だ。セッティマースターサーバーページに乗ってある指示に従ってセッティマースターサーバーをインストールできる。

Setti masterserver est la façon recommandée d’utiliser la liste des serveurs. Vous pouvez installer Setti masterserver en vous référant à la page dédiée aux instructions d’installation de masterserver.

Setti masterserver es la manera recomendada para utilizar la lista de servidores. Se puede instalar Setti masterserver refiriéndose a la pagina dedicada a las instrucciones de instalación de masterserver.

The servers can be also searched by the form below.

サーバーを探すこともできる。下記のフォームを使って下さい。

Vous pouvez également rechercher un serveur à partir du formulaire ci-dessous.

También es posible buscar un servidor desde el formulario abajo.

You can write the name or the IP address of the server to search for it. The results show the servers that matched the search query.

探すためにまずサーバーの名前か、それともサーバーのIPアドレスを書いて下さい。そうすると、一致する結果が表示される。

Pour procéder à votre recherche, vous pouvez écrire le nom ou l’adresse IP du serveur. Les résultats vous montreront le ou les serveurs correspondant à votre requête.

Se escribe el nombre del servidor o su número IP para buscarlo. Los resultados mostrarán el o los servidores que corresponderán a la solicitud.

#7 Ghost

Ghost

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 3,640 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 05:32 PM

Thanks!

Can somebody comment on the phrases. I have feeling that the sentences are way too much word-to-word and the sentences don't look nice one after another.

Very good show off from pathetic nevertheless ;)

#8 NekiNeznanec

NekiNeznanec

Expert

• Members
  • 233 posts
  • LocationSlovenija

Posted 04 April 2010 - 09:21 PM

Well about Japanese I really can't say :)
Stultorum infinitus est numerus.

#9 LemmingGrumpy

LemmingGrumpy

Admin

• Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 09:27 PM

Very good show off from pathetic nevertheless ;)

Show off? Me? Noooooo :mrgreen:

I was trying to come up with a witty answer to that specious allegation, but instead I'll just say this: muahahahaaa! :cool: :grin:

Oh, and BTW, I already spotted a mistake in Spanish but I cannot edit :P

OK, more seriously, the "word-to-word" thing was quite deliberate, so if you want me to be more "natural-sounding", but a tad further away from the original template, let me know.

#10 Ghost

Ghost

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 3,640 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 10:34 PM

Oh, and BTW, I already spotted a mistake in Spanish but I cannot edit :P

OK, more seriously, the "word-to-word" thing was quite deliberate, so if you want me to be more "natural-sounding", but a tad further away from the original template, let me know.

Are you sure you can't edit? Why not?

We want copy&paste text which we can set on the server list page. It should be as much native as possible. There's no need for "book language", but something like that anyway. Also take into consideration that the title "All Servers", "Call of Duty 4", "Other Games" is always in English and is the starter in the title.

PS. Be careful with the expressions. I fixed Finnish translation couple times because I noticed I had used stupid English sentence structure and all that.

PSS. Where is German translation? Anybody?

#11 LemmingGrumpy

LemmingGrumpy

Admin

• Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 08:22 PM

Are you sure you can't edit? Why not?

Because the "edit" button has gone the way of the dodo... unless I am blind, but I don't think so because I have used it before, and it is just not there anymore for me.

We want copy&paste text which we can set on the server list page. It should be as much native as possible. There's no need for "book language", but something like that anyway. Also take into consideration that the title "All Servers", "Call of Duty 4", "Other Games" is always in English and is the starter in the title.

Ok. Will do better then. But probably not before next week-end... :sad:

**Edit** The edit button appears only on this last post, and I suspect it will disappear soon...

#12 k1ller

k1ller

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 4,250 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 08:59 PM

Edit time is 30 minutes. It wasn't previously enabled but it is now - for 30 minutes after the first post. That allows people to edit mistakes that are immediate but not after 1 week or so. If there's need to edit something after 30 minutes it's OK to just post new reply.

Is there something wrong in the previous translations?
Posted Image

#13 SonGoku99

SonGoku99

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • LocationCologne/Köln

Posted 06 April 2010 - 12:40 AM

So here the German version.

All servers server list
Liste von Allen Server.

Here are servers for the specific game type.
Hier sind die Server für die jeweiligen Spiele.

The servers are grouped by country.
Die Server sind in Ländern gruppiert.

You can look for servers in your own country or neighbouring countries to find the best ping servers.
Schauen sie nach Servern aus ihren eigenem Land oder Nachbarland um einen guten Ping zu erhalten.

Setti masterserver.

Setti masterserver is recommended way to user the server list. You can install Setti masterserver by following instructions at Setti masterserver installation instructions page.
Der Setti Masterserver wird gebraucht um die Server liste zu benutzen. Sie finden eine Installations Anleitung auf der Setti Masterserver Installations Seite.

The servers can be also searched by the form below.
Der Server kann mit dem unteren Eingabefeld durchsucht werden.

You can write the name or the IP address of the server to search for it. The results show the servers that matched the search query.
Schreibenden sie den Namen oder die IP-Adresse des Servers, um danach zu suchen. Die Suchanfrage wird mit der Server Datenbank Abgeglichen und die Ergebnisse angezeigt.

I hope I've made no mistakes :roll:
greets
songoku

#14 Ghost

Ghost

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 3,640 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 09:53 AM

Could somebody confirm Pathetic's Japanese / French / Spanish translation and could somebody confirm SonGoku's German translation. "Confirm" means that you understand the text and it doesn't sound stupid.

#15 k1ller

k1ller

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 4,250 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 10:10 AM

Here we go, sentence by sentence (roughly) in the following order:

English; Japanese; French; Spanish

How can you know all these languages :shock:

Adding these now...
Posted Image

#16 k1ller

k1ller

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 4,250 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 10:15 AM

All servers server list

全サーバー表

What part of that means servers list? The "All servers" is dynamic part in it. For example "Left 4 Dead serverlist", "CoD4 serverlist". I put those characters in Google translate and it seems removing the first character produces "servers table".
Posted Image

#17 NekiNeznanec

NekiNeznanec

Expert

• Members
  • 233 posts
  • LocationSlovenija

Posted 06 April 2010 - 10:30 AM

Have you ever seen any Japanese players around ? Don't show off geeks, it doesn't impress anyone.. especially not with google translator. The most important translation would be the russian one. Now If anyone translates into his mother tongue, OK, but this is just crap.
Stultorum infinitus est numerus.

#18 k1ller

k1ller

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 4,250 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 10:43 AM

especially not with google translator.

Exactly, we don't need machine translations. Only native or fluent translations please!
Posted Image

#19 CC:)

• Members
  • 346 posts
  • LocationMoscow, RU

Posted 06 April 2010 - 11:56 AM

I guess, ping from Japan will be very hiiiigh, even from west Russia it is not perfect. And ping blocks my skill lol © Perplexer

#20 Ghost

Ghost

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 3,640 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 12:38 PM

The web list is world wide. It's not limited by ping, so we're happy to deliver for Japanese too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users