Steam Validation Rejected...

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_

Guest_
  • Guests

Posted 15 July 2009 - 04:24 PM

Hello everybody,

I have a problem... I updated the masterservers.vdf but when i try to connect to a server i got " Steam Validation Rejected "...

So i don't understand... I successfull install this masterservers : http://css.setti.inf...rs/masterserver

In C:Program FilesCounter-Strike Sourceplatformconfig and i overwrite the old file. But it don't works :( I have this message " Steam Validation Rejected ". I don't understand what to do...

Please help Me.

(and sorry for the absence of details, i have a bad english

#2 Guest_

Guest_
  • Guests

Posted 15 July 2009 - 04:40 PM

Try copy SETTI masterserver file into
.../steam/config/
directory.

Regards.

#3 Guest_

Guest_
  • Guests

Posted 15 July 2009 - 05:44 PM

I have " C:Program FilesCounter-Strike Sourceplatformsteamgames "
But not " C:Program FilesCounter-Strike Sourceplatformsteamconfig "

I create it ?

#4 Guest_

Guest_
  • Guests

Posted 15 July 2009 - 06:01 PM

No, sorry, my bad. I miss that you have stand-alone version of CS:S.

After copy SETTI masterserver file to C:Program FilesCounter-Strike Sourceplatformconfig, do you made file Read-only?

#5 Guest_

Guest_
  • Guests

Posted 15 July 2009 - 06:29 PM

Yeah i did it :(

#6 Guest_

Guest_
  • Guests

Posted 16 July 2009 - 12:36 PM

Nobody can help me ? :cry:

#7 Guest_

Guest_
  • Guests

Posted 20 July 2009 - 11:30 AM

i have the same problem and have changed teh masterserver file like 10 times and have mad it read only i am confused as to why it says steam validation rejected we are playing cracked version anyway arnt we?

#8 Guest_

Guest_
  • Guests

Posted 22 July 2009 - 08:59 PM

yea i have the same problem.

#9 Guest_

Guest_
  • Guests

Posted 23 July 2009 - 06:12 PM

Hello there,i have same problem, and i know i'm doing all steps well because is not my first time.I have deleted the MasterServers file,then i go to game and look if there are some server that don't be because i have deleted the file,but there are all servers again (oficials servers) how i didn't delete any. There are an other place were game is going to look for MasterServers.Note: i was playing well in nosteam server til i reinstall windows,games,etc...perhaps is the steam instalation.I think all who have this problem must look if have installed the steam program.

#10 k1ller

k1ller

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 4,250 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 03:09 PM

Search for "masterservers.vdf" in your Steam or game directory and delete all of them. Sometimes there are duplicates in different directories and that is why the Setti masterserver isn't working for you. After you have deleted them follow the install instructions again.

Alternatively you can replace all the masterservers.vdf's with the Setti version.
Posted Image

#11 Guest_

Guest_
  • Guests

Posted 30 July 2009 - 03:05 PM

I have the same problem... http://css.setti.inf...tyle_emoticons/default/icon_redface.gif

#12 k1ller

k1ller

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 4,250 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 06:03 PM

Did you follow my instructions or not? Read this thread from the beginning.
Posted Image

#13 Guest_

Guest_
  • Guests

Posted 04 August 2009 - 08:25 PM

Doesn't this "error" appear if you want to connect to legit STEAM server ? If you have a standalone (cracked) CSS then you can only play on cracked servers, not on original Steam servers. And you can get a list of cracked CSS servers by installing Setti Masterserver. Correct me if i'm wrong.

#14 Guest_rnd112112

Guest_rnd112112
  • Guests

Posted 17 October 2009 - 08:21 PM

i did everything , i have downloaded Css DZ , and not working PLZ RESPOND WANNA PLAY!

#15 k1ller

k1ller

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 4,250 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 07:42 AM

Check servers at http://css.setti.info/servers/css. Write down few server IP addresses. Then start your game with "-console" parameter (eg. hl2.exe -game cstrike -console). Then write in console "connect ".
Posted Image

#16 Guest_thomas

Guest_thomas
  • Guests

Posted 26 June 2010 - 01:07 PM

k1ller i have done everything as you said but however i stil lgot the steam validation rejected problem but when i take an ip from the site it works fine so somehow steam must fix the masterservers.vdf's i know about all this stuff comps and everything but this is just wierd

#17 Guest_thomja

Guest_thomja
  • Guests

Posted 26 June 2010 - 01:17 PM

ok so hey all again i seem to have fixed my problem with just alittle bit of attention! so heres how this works in the steam folders the original masterservers are named masterservers.vdf and masterserver2.vdf notice anything different except for the number 2? hehe thats the problem you have to remove the a sS from the css setti masterservers file and just add the number 2 then remember to use write protection (instead it might say write protection instead of read only so thats what worked for me i hope i helped a few guys

FREE GAMING 4 LIFE!

#18 k1ller

k1ller

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 4,250 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 02:16 PM

masterservers are named masterservers.vdf and masterserver2.vdf notice anything different except for the number 2? hehe thats the problem you have to remove the a sS from the css setti masterservers file and just add the number 2

Good thing you got it fixed. Someone else had the same problem earlier too. Maybe it's better to mention the difference in the Masterserver install instructions too.
Posted Image

#19 Guest_vinay

Guest_vinay
  • Guests

Posted 02 February 2011 - 01:18 PM

masterservers are named masterservers.vdf and masterserver2.vdf notice anything different except for the number 2? hehe thats the problem you have to remove the a sS from the css setti masterservers file and just add the number 2

Good thing you got it fixed. Someone else had the same problem earlier too. Maybe it's better to mention the difference in the Masterserver install instructions too.

Hey dude iam still got those steam validation error even i changes those names as specified,some one help me plz.
if you have mail id plz give me and i will contact you on that id.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users