Asahammer's Content

There have been 10 items by Asahammer (Search limited from 26-November 18)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#48458 Masterserver installation instructions

Posted by Asahammer on 28 August 2011 - 03:40 AM in Servers and Masterserver

Hello?  Is there any chance of getting help with this?

-Asahammer

#48123 Masterserver installation instructions

Posted by Asahammer on 22 August 2011 - 07:49 PM in Servers and Masterserver

Well could you perhaps put me in touch with someone who does who might be able to help me with this?  Because I do, or would like to. :)

-Asahammer

#48100 Masterserver installation instructions

Posted by Asahammer on 22 August 2011 - 03:35 PM in Servers and Masterserver

Another thought - perhaps it's the download?  Perhaps you could provide me with a 1.6 download you know for a fact to work properly?

-Asahammer

#48099 Masterserver installation instructions

Posted by Asahammer on 22 August 2011 - 03:34 PM in Servers and Masterserver

I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit, and if I try to run it without compatibility mode, it says "Available memory less than 15MB!" and crashes out, but if I run it in compatibility mode with Windows XP SP2 or Windows 98/ME etc., I don't get that error.  What would you suggest I do?  How much is possible in re-installing?  You run the installer, you install the game.  Does it have to be installed to Program Files (x86) or some other specific folder?

-Asahammer

#48059 Masterserver installation instructions

Posted by Asahammer on 22 August 2011 - 04:26 AM in Servers and Masterserver

I see, well, beyond that, what am I going to do about the game being unable to get a server list?

-Asahammer

#48055 Masterserver installation instructions

Posted by Asahammer on 22 August 2011 - 01:18 AM in Servers and Masterserver

Also, just tried re-installing, and I didn't set anything else besides the MasterServers file on Read-Only, but I only ran the game twice - once and it crashed because of low memory, then I set it for compatibility mode with Windows XP Service Pack 2, and went back in (and this is with the file from the "Try it" link), and it couldn't contact the master server.

-Asahammer

#48054 Masterserver installation instructions

Posted by Asahammer on 22 August 2011 - 12:02 AM in Servers and Masterserver

Okay, but which files exactly do I need to set to Read-Only?  Or should I just set all the folders Read-Only (but I guess that would stop it from saving my game settings)?

-Asahammer

#48000 Masterserver installation instructions

Posted by Asahammer on 20 August 2011 - 11:27 PM in Servers and Masterserver

Try it.
[notice me if link will be broken]

Downloaded it and put it in the appropriate folder, but I still have this weird problem where all the buttons - except options, actually - connect to the first server I ever put in to favorites.  If I click Quit, it tries to connect.  Find Servers?  Tries to connect.  New game?  Same.  Only options works as intended.  How can I fix this?

-Asahammer

#47985 Masterserver installation instructions

Posted by Asahammer on 20 August 2011 - 03:51 PM in Servers and Masterserver

Install it according to instructions at http://css.setti.inf...r-instructions/

I did... and it doesn't work. I tried adding some servers to my favorites list from your server list, but it's weird, because a lot of them show, for example, 20 players, but have no one on, and show a given map, but are actually running a different one. When I got one that was running right, the game crashed, and when I went back in, every button (including quit and options) started connecting to the first server I added to my favorites. What on Earth?

-Asahammer

#47956 Masterserver installation instructions

Posted by Asahammer on 20 August 2011 - 03:21 AM in Servers and Masterserver

Hello. I'm having a problem with the Master Server list. I downloaded CounterStrike 1.6 from here: http://www.soft32.co...nload_2541.html

And when I went to run it, it just says it can't contact the Master Server. When I searched for a solution, I found this site, and tried the Master Server file from here, but it still doesn't work. Any help would be much appreciated! :)

-Asahammer