• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 Marioc

Marioc

Master

• 1,408 posts
  • LocationAthens

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:06 PM

Site ain't working lots of time during every day, most of regulars gone... So k1ller/Ghost, what are you going to do. Maybe you have work to do, i mean real work, but why don't let us know ? I think it's the end... Day by day it's getting worse. 

P.S Εάν δεν πεναίψεις το σπίτι σου , θα πέσει να σε πλακώσει.

and if you want to know what that means ask a greek.

#2 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

One of us

• Members
  • 149 posts
  • LocationNafplion,Greece

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:48 PM

Marioc is right. Either we work or we close up the bussiness

#3 Dups

Dups

Pro

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:18 PM

There's a huge lag on my computer when the site is loading (like 15 seconds), forum's never online, everyone's gone. The only good thing about setti now is the Pub #1 "comeback".

If all had steam we could have setti forum there, but even if a lot of us have steam, most of people do not have a clue that you can have some kind of forum in group pages.

Tell me if I'm talking bullshit or deal with that bullshit.

PEACE!

76561198068434318.png

#4 M4Andreas (GR NOOB)

M4Andreas (GR NOOB)

Master Admin ^.^

• Members
  • 1,402 posts
  • LocationAthens, Greece

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:36 AM

Well, site got ddos'ed, ghost said that he will try to solve this issue and then to make a clean installation on forum (dream about :D)
Posted Image

<span style="font-family: comic sans ms" ,="" cursive'="">"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

#5 SNiPY

SNiPY

//Aggressive Gaming™

• Moderators - Admin
  • 3,534 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:05 PM

The website got DDoSed?

...you can achieve immortality, simply by doing one great thing...

#6 Heady

Heady

• Moderators - Admin
  • 2,173 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:32 PM

DDoS isn't the only problem..

#7 SNiPY

SNiPY

//Aggressive Gaming™

• Moderators - Admin
  • 3,534 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:16 PM

@ k1ller and Ghost

We all know and understand that you are tired after all these years. But you are not alone. You have the support of all of us. There are admins who know the  technical part and can maintain the servers and others who are willing to learn in order to help. We also handle the cheaters and all trouble makers in-game with the help of SMAC.

Here on forums we help people who have proplems too. As you see we all help with the best way we can. But you must help too! You are the only guys who have access in the boost service. And you are the only guys who have root access in the website so to maintain it too! Come on you can't shut down the entire Setti community which consists of 16,967 members! You can't destroy what you created all these years!

#8 Heady

Heady

• Moderators - Admin
  • 2,173 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:23 PM

Write a PM if you want them to read it.

#9 SNiPY

SNiPY

//Aggressive Gaming™

• Moderators - Admin
  • 3,534 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:26 PM

No possibility they read it here?

#10 Heady

Heady

• Moderators - Admin
  • 2,173 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:27 PM

Sure, but not a high possibility..

#11 SNiPY

SNiPY

//Aggressive Gaming™

• Moderators - Admin
  • 3,534 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:27 PM

:mellow:

#12 k1ller

k1ller

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 4,250 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:04 PM

Hi and sorry for not being around much.

I've posted on a private admin board earlier that I've lost much of the interest to update the site anymore. About 90% of the website was managed by me and all CS:S server management was based on my activity. Ghost had the remaining parts which he is no longer actively doing and is not likely to be doing.

I don't want to get back into situation in which I'm responsible for majority of updates, maintenance, feedback, etc. whatever the site usually requires. I don't know what Ghost is planning but in my opinion it's not likely that he'll get any updates done - the forum update might happen in the next few months. Practical reasons probably prevent any other person from doing these updates either.

The servers will most likely remain as they are and probably kept up and running. That includes both the website and the game servers.

So the current situation might lead to a big freeze. Observations suggest that the expansion of the universe will continue forever. If so, the universe will cool as it expands, eventually becoming too cold to sustain life. For this reason, this future scenario is popularly called the Big Freeze. Whether this happens or not remains to be seen. I still have interest in managing Setti but not in this current situation.

Posted Image

#13 Heady

Heady

• Moderators - Admin
  • 2,173 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:11 PM

Then how about giving access to people who know what to do? Things like fixing the broken theme, adding a nice CS:GO subforum etc isn't hard if you know how to do.

#14 Marioc

Marioc

Master

• 1,408 posts
  • LocationAthens

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:53 PM

I know the job, I ask for full access. So PM if you are interested. Thanks for letting us know.

#15 SNiPY

SNiPY

//Aggressive Gaming™

• Moderators - Admin
  • 3,534 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:38 PM

O^O

#16 mOE

mOE

Expert

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:03 PM

I know the job, I ask for full access. So PM if you are interested. Thanks for letting us know.

do u ???

what is ur experience ??

Posted Image

#17 Marioc

Marioc

Master

• 1,408 posts
  • LocationAthens

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:17 PM

Had my own server (homemade) 2 years ago for 3 months and 5 months my clan server managed by FTP.

#18 mOE

mOE

Expert

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:24 PM

Had my owned server (homemade) 2 years ago for 3 months and 5 months my clan server managed by FTP.

ok i wish they would give u full access

pm k1ller

Posted Image

#19 Al1

Al1

Pro

• Moderators - CS admin
  • 700 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:18 AM

Hi and sorry for not being around much.

I've posted on a private admin board earlier that I've lost much of the interest to update the site anymore. About 90% of the website was managed by me and all CS:S server management was based on my activity. Ghost had the remaining parts which he is no longer actively doing and is not likely to be doing.

I don't want to get back into situation in which I'm responsible for majority of updates, maintenance, feedback, etc. whatever the site usually requires. I don't know what Ghost is planning but in my opinion it's not likely that he'll get any updates done - the forum update might happen in the next few months. Practical reasons probably prevent any other person from doing these updates either.

The servers will most likely remain as they are and probably kept up and running. That includes both the website and the game servers.

So the current situation might lead to a big freeze. Observations suggest that the expansion of the universe will continue forever. If so, the universe will cool as it expands, eventually becoming too cold to sustain life. For this reason, this future scenario is popularly called the Big Freeze. Whether this happens or not remains to be seen. I still have interest in managing Setti but not in this current situation.

...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

It is obvious that there is still a misunderstanding between two of you. It's obviously led to this situation in Setti.

The freezing relations between two of you in the future will not bring nothing good.

I am very sorry that this happened to you. Everything that you two, creating for years, slowly dying.

I think that you and he's too are proud to try to forget the misunderstandings.

The value of a man is best seen if he is ready to  forgive another man.

Someone always has to take the first step.

That is the point :mellow:

#20 Mentiroso

Mentiroso

Master

• Moderators - CS admin
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:34 AM

+1 to what Al1 said

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users