Photo

Admins not doing their jobs.

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_Fat Camper

Guest_Fat Camper
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2010 - 04:55 AM

Well now I get it you were talking about those servers with 50 slots yeah that costs 600e per year.

#22 porov

porov

Pro

• Members
  • 428 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted 01 August 2010 - 07:33 AM

Fat Camper forget this shit man, they are the admins and owners, it's their servers they do what they want. No need to try to convince them to change.
Posted Image

#23 Guest_Fat Camper

Guest_Fat Camper
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2010 - 07:48 AM

Fat Camper forget this shit man, they are the admins and owners, it's their servers they do what they want. No need to try to convince them to change.

Posted Image

Sry, had to do it.

#24 k1ller

k1ller

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 4,250 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 08:35 AM

Wait what? 500/600 EUR per year for a server? Uhh.. that's kind of weird, at least here per server slot costs 1e per month, so if you have server with 30 slots that's 30e a year, 1 admin = 5e

You didn't count it correctly. One player slot costs 1e / month. So 30 slots costs 30e / month. In one year you have 12 months so it's 12 * 30e = 360e. At Setti we have 5 servers so you can multiply 360e * 5 = 1800e.

and lol at the donuts you cant eat that much donuts in 1month it's impossible unless you weight 150kg's or something like that.

Do the math.
Posted Image

#25 k1ller

k1ller

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 4,250 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 08:44 AM

Well now I get it you were talking about those servers with 50 slots yeah that costs 600e per year.

Setti is hosted on a dedicated server. Amount of slots or CS:S servers is irrelevant.
Posted Image

#26 Guest_Fat Camper

Guest_Fat Camper
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2010 - 09:43 AM

Wait what? 500/600 EUR per year for a server? Uhh.. that's kind of weird, at least here per server slot costs 1e per month, so if you have server with 30 slots that's 30e a year, 1 admin = 5e

You didn't count it correctly. One player slot costs 1e / month. So 30 slots costs 30e / month. In one year you have 12 months so it's 12 * 30e = 360e. At Setti we have 5 servers so you can multiply 360e * 5 = 1800e.

and lol at the donuts you cant eat that much donuts in 1month it's impossible unless you weight 150kg's or something like that.

Do the math.

"You didn't count it correctly" Yeah I did I just wrote something completly wrong XD, as for donuts part man how many donuts you eat daily in order to spend 500euros on them?! Too lazy to do the math I leave that to the pro's, I'm just a fat camper.

#27 sudo

sudo

Regular

• Members
  • 69 posts
  • Locationsudoers

Posted 01 August 2010 - 08:42 PM

You don't know what you talk about yet you complain like a MF.
Hope you get IP Rangeban. xD
#1) Respect the privacy of others.
#2) Think before you type.
#3) With great power comes great responsibility.

#28 Guest_Fat Camper

Guest_Fat Camper
  • Guests

Posted 02 August 2010 - 04:46 AM

You don't know what you talk about yet you complain like a MF.
Hope you get IP Rangeban. xD

Posted Image

-_-

#29 TupaC

TupaC

One of us

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 05:12 AM

You have the wrong impression of how this administration works. There are several admins because it is easier to share the expenses for the server but we decide things together on a separate admin forum which you normal users can't see. We have the same rights on the server. We discuss there who we will ban and who not in such difficult cases. For everyday things every admin uses the powers at his own discression.

Imagine two brothers who buy a car together. Normally only one can drive it and have it registered to him but they have both the same rights with it. Of course they could be unreasonable and both wanted to drive it at the same time and start fighting but that would mean they simply can't own a car together. You need stable, fair and reasonable people for the whole thing to work.

It's the same with Setti. There is no one person you can complain to and get someone's admin removed as easy as you people constantly believe. Threatening an admin with "I'm gonna report you" and "Say bye-bye to your admin" will only get you banned.

Find that, these two brothers got another brother, what they have to do in this situation ?

#30 Marioc

Marioc

Master

• 1,408 posts
  • LocationAthens

Posted 27 December 2010 - 12:33 AM

I never said that a user doesn't have the right to report. I said that you can't expect that you will actually get an admin kicked, so to speak. I mean, come on. Yet you still try every time you get slayed or kicked or whatever. The problem is that you come here crying for every single insignificant thing which wastes our time. If you get a permban then your complaint could be valid but for everything less than that you are just wasting time. Nobody is gonna lose admin rights because he banned you for 2 hours. But I'm just saying. I'm not deleting your complaints. Knock yourself out if you want. I'm just telling you that you're wasting time with 99% of such posts.

I don't bother with muting, or trying to reason with anyone in-game. If you connect and I hear you immediately start playing music on the mic while your score is still 0:0 then you're only there to fuck around and I'll just ban you. Same goes for noobs. I don't waste time trying to tell some 7 year old kid who can't even understand English to plant the bomb. On PUBs 2-5 I am a bit more leniant. But that's just me. If you don't like me then don't play when I play or use another of our 5 servers. I can't play on all 5 at the same time (yet).

If you think anyone is getting rich from the server donations then you're wrong. Why don't you check the prices of dedicated servers or VPSs ? Those start at roughly 500 or 600 EUR per year. It may sound a lot to you if you're a kid but I personally spend that much on donuts in 1 month alone.

And yes, threatening me is not a good idea.

I have to admit. Excellent post.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users