Exe-file isn't working anymore

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 09:51 PM

A friend of mine downloaded the game (from Pirate Bay), opened the folder "Counter.Strike.Source.2010.Orange.Box.NoSteam.[Setti]" and clicked on the exe-file with the same name. Then you have to type in a path to let the exe-file extract the game content. This worked fine for him. But while extracting, he's always getting an error message around 7% saying it can't open some specific file. Interesting: The first time he tried to extract the game folder, it worked fine till around 80%, then it said something's wrong, but he can't remember the error message.
What is he doing wrong?

I couldn't help him because I didn't have this error...
Greetings

Blitzkrieg

#2 Guest_ShaoXin

Guest_ShaoXin
  • Guests

Posted 30 October 2010 - 08:21 PM

A friend of mine downloaded the game (from Pirate Bay), opened the folder "Counter.Strike.Source.2010.Orange.Box.NoSteam.[Setti]" and clicked on the exe-file with the same name. Then you have to type in a path to let the exe-file extract the game content. This worked fine for him. But while extracting, he's always getting an error message around 7% saying it can't open some specific file. Interesting: The first time he tried to extract the game folder, it worked fine till around 80%, then it said something's wrong, but he can't remember the error message.
What is he doing wrong?

I couldn't help him because I didn't have this error...
Greetings

Blitzkrieg

im having the same exact problem =/
(im on windows XP btw)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users