• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 snoopl

snoopl

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 11:23 AM

Hey guys,

a lot of cheaters are reported in the "ban request forum", but sadly you only get the bad cheaters, who are not able to hide their wallhacks, radars and so on. I know that, because I cheated too:  100 hrs on Pub #4, ranked 2/387; I used WH, Radar, Health Bar, Fullbrightmode all the time.

The problem is that you nearly can't detect a wallhacker, if he's a good actor and uses the advantages in addition to some "obvious fails". I.e. if I kill 5 enemies in a row, I now they are watching me, so I run past a camper, get killed and everything is plausible. It is possible to reduce your reaction time to a minimum, because you know somebody is going to pop up around a corner, although you won’t start aiming before you can see him, like some bad wallhacker would.

A good cheater uses the additional information and has to betray his audience.

Consequently an honest player can't detect a good cheater. But a cheater sees if someone else is cheating. And I see many cheaters who are able to hide their hacks quite well, sometimes it’s just about the decision, where to go and kill wounded players. After some time on a server, you will gain respect for your skill (if you don’t get banned too early) and you achieve a good reputation. After that criticism will be cut off:

Marcellostyle :  shady are you sure that snoopl doesn't have wh?
shady:  yes
Twintip Steeze :  im shure too
Marcellostyle :  ok

During the last weeks there were far too many good cheaters on pub#4, no competent admin, who detects and bans cheaters frequently. – No more fun :)

An uncompleted list of high ranked players who regularly or randomly use cheats imho:

LUSTADIK
Trigger
KOZ@K
IrGeNdJeMaNd[AUT]
Jednoruky bandita
Raeuber Fotzenglotz
SyrinXeno[AUT]
simmi
N??by.eXe
O drugishe Cr@sh
Cyberb!tch

Setti, pls take care of your servers and admins.

Sorry for skillfree ownage  :blush:
maybe we meet again some time
snoopl

#2 GR Mavro

GR Mavro

One of us

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • LocationGreece, Macedonia

Posted 07 October 2011 - 11:36 AM

A very nice post young man...i trully believe it too that this is happening quite often...i saw u write for syrinxeno and i believe it too he is wh and clear he uses it...again +1000 for ur post i really love it...at last lets see some bright days in Setti...
Be the BEST of the Rest...

#3 Marioc

Marioc

Master

• 1,408 posts
  • LocationAthens

Posted 07 October 2011 - 11:54 AM

Any demo for these players?!

#4 Xarc

Xarc

Truck Driver

• Moderators - Minecraft admin
  • 923 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 11:56 AM

#5 PHOENIX

PHOENIX

Old School Member of Setti

• Moderators - CS admin
  • 1,046 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 October 2011 - 12:57 PM

Im not wondering, the most regular players and admins are on Server 1 and 3. So its okay. You must be playing for a long time with cheats to own that "professional" skills and yes thats poor.

So thanks for your own report, you are banned now at all Servers. Hope you start to play without cheats in future, cheats are uncool :thumbdown:

#6 Sher Khan

Sher Khan

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 07:39 PM

I just shoot my team mates once and got banned on PUB #3....i dont even know what a wall hack is....bloody fu....still m banned b Mamut.....this is so frustrating....

#7 IrGeNdJeMaNd-AUT

IrGeNdJeMaNd-AUT

The Chosen One

• Members
  • 797 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 08:55 PM

A blame from a cheater is hard to take and disprove. One part of me is cheered up because some1 thinks im that good to be a cheater, the other part is just annoyed by the blame. I do realize that some of my gameplays could be suspicious, but there is the only thing i will ever respond to that: I have never used cheats, and i won't. So is SyrinXenos, but i think he'll make his own post pretty soon. But because i am blamed for having wallhack, i cannot really prove that im innocent, can i? If you ask a madman if he thinks hes mad, and he answers with a no, it's taken as a prove for his madness. So i just can't defend myself... If you watch any demo where we play weird in it, you will see a plausible explanation for any gameplay.

I just shoot my team mates once and got banned on PUB #3....i dont even know what a wall hack is....bloody fu....still m banned b Mamut.....this is so frustrating....

dont spam with your unban requests

#8 el greco

el greco

Pro

• Moderators - CS admin
  • 320 posts
  • LocationPERU

Posted 07 October 2011 - 09:48 PM

well said snoopl for the first part at least,but u really didnt added anything new as to how to fool the admins and be a good actor...
btw this guy was reported for wh in ban requests and has been banned few times.
Caer estα permitido, levantarse es obligatorio

#9 SyrinXeno

SyrinXeno

Setti's "cheating" regular

• Moderators - CS admin
  • 596 posts
  • LocationRight behind you with a knife ;)

Posted 08 October 2011 - 11:37 AM

First of all, the sad truth is, I never really trusted snoopl. I thought of checking the demos the day his skill increased by more than 200 in a day, even though I didn't even play that day, I don't know why I didn't in the end. But he's right, after playing on this server for so long, I as well thought he was just a good player, and those "obvious fails", how he called them, shrugged me off.
Sadly Setti servers are swamped with players who hack, and it's a lot of work to spectate them all, so of course it's easier detecting the once who are bad at hiding their hacks. I don't want to be spectator all the time and watch demos that often, but what to do against those hackers? I already spend too much time spectating ...
I guess, introducing further anti-cheat software like ESL Wire or EasyAntiCheat isn't possible? I'd really welcome it, to further decrease the cheaters on Setti. But this software wouldn't detect ALL cheats either.

I ask Setti administration to thoroughly check all the players on the list given by snoopl. I know, I'm on the list myself, but I don't have anything to worry about, since I never have nor ever will cheat (Maybe further approval by administration after checking will stop the complaints by haters like Mavro). I don't think all on the list hack, but 1 or 2 might do, so please check them all. (PM me for personal check list)

@snoopl: First of all, thanks, for being honest. Secondly, please complete the list, list all players you think might cheat, but of course not all are, it's always easy to accuse others when seeing their view with hacks, when in reality they are just more alert and skilled, because they don't hack (comparison to blind guys who get a more distinguished sense of hearing). Since when do you play CS:S, and how long have you been using cheats?
And last but not least: simply fuck you. Players like you (hackers) ruin the game for all honest and legit players, who simply want to play a fun and fair game.

#10 IrGeNdJeMaNd-AUT

IrGeNdJeMaNd-AUT

The Chosen One

• Members
  • 797 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 11:51 AM

And last but not least: simply fuck you. Players like you (hackers) ruin the game for all honest and legit players, who simply want to play a fun and fair game.

Love that part :smile-thumbs-up:

#11 SyrinXeno

SyrinXeno

Setti's "cheating" regular

• Moderators - CS admin
  • 596 posts
  • LocationRight behind you with a knife ;)

Posted 08 October 2011 - 08:24 PM

snoopl's SteamID: "snoopl" STEAM_0:0:1065292365

Maybe more important, his "brother's" SteamID (Could be his real brother, could be him, could be anybody, I don't know, but he introduced himself as snoopl's brother):
"scoopl" STEAM_0:0:1402863549

#12 Perplexer

Perplexer

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 668 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 07:18 AM

POPULAR

Tell us something we don't know. WH spotting is hard as we've been saying for years. But as that's a passive cheat, it doesn't give you as much advantage, especially when you have to hide it and get killed. Once you do that, you might as well stop using it, cause I can kill 5 players and get killed by the 6th myself, without cheats. But the point has always been, you will be caught, sooner or later. I don't know, 100 hours of cheating just isn't worth getting permbanned on all Setti servers. And you probably wouldn't last 100 hours on the main server and pub #3 where regulars and admins play. We've caught people WHing with less that 1 hours of gametime.

snoopl wrote:
During the last weeks there were far too many good cheaters on pub#4, no competent admin, who detects and bans cheaters frequently. – No more fun

LOL what an idiot. He cheats and then comes here and complains that it's not fun anymore. :facepalm: :lol:

#13 GhL

GhL

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 09:04 AM

Why to cheat in css?
For me css is a game where i can have fun testing out my reaction and aim, cheating makes everything much more easier, makes you get bored of the game 100x faster.
If you like cheating, go get a lame game that has no MP, cheat in it and let others play without being accused.

Am not trying to insult anyone, although ive been accused in cheating few times, each time the ones who said it were newbies who couldnt kill anyone so they though someone who has kills 30 and deaths 10 or less is a cheater, just because they got kills 3 and deaths 30.
So whoever is on the list, i am pretty sure none of them is cheater.

Your post has point, but its pretty impossible to catch a cheater who is a good actor as you said.I am admin/programmer on another Game and i can say that sometimes you can get tricked by a cheater really long, after you find out he cheats, you get pissed off.

Kind Regards.

#14 IrGeNdJeMaNd-AUT

IrGeNdJeMaNd-AUT

The Chosen One

• Members
  • 797 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 09:59 AM

i am pretty sure none of them is cheater.

Dont be sure.

#15 TeeHee

TeeHee

Regular

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 11:04 AM

Why to cheat in css?
For me css is a game where i can have fun testing out my reaction and aim, cheating makes everything much more easier, makes you get bored of the game 100x faster.
If you like cheating, go get a lame game that has no MP, cheat in it and let others play without being accused.

Alot of the cheaters in the competitive scene can be put in 2 categories,
1. Kids who want to be better and have the "fame" but arent as good and dont want to put the work in to get better at the game.
2. The already pro's get bored of the game and they just go and have a laugh, some of the worlds best have been caught cheating sometimes, in pub or a match.

Atleast those have happened "alot" in the competitive scene. Id see the 1st category being one that could be a reason for the public communities. People want to have the "fame" of being better then someone else in the game. And thats sad.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#16 GhL

GhL

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 12:09 PM

They cant understand that being best is not what you must care about, if you play a game similar to css, all that matters is your reaction and aiming skill, if you use cheats to be better then someone else then thats pretty lame.
They are days i keep dying, days i keep killing, if i get killed 10 times in a row it doesent mean i am gonna get cheats and kill my "nemesis", instead ill test another gun or another "tactics".
All i want to say is you dont have to kill to enjoy the game, you just need to concentrate and enjoy your real skills not the scripted ones.

#17 snoopl

snoopl

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 03:14 PM

I didn’t want to address the people on the list, naturally they feel the need to reply, but my point is more interesting for regular players who don’t know much about cheating. I played a long time COD4 without any cheats and was unsettled when I first used a cheat for fun, seeing that some popular players used these hidden hacks.

Anyone on the list will get banned. I don’t think they will find any evidence watching the demos (and who the hell has time for it??) During the last two weeks you might find evidence for me being a hacker, because I knew I would quit playing and didn’t hide it consequently. In older demos it will be very hard.

Concerning some people on the list I am sure they hack, concerning others it is very likely. I don’t want to make a difference here, as I said nobody is going to be banned anyway :)

The point is: Popular, respected players are not monitored adequately, it’s easy for them to cheat and they do. An unknown player could never act this way, he would get banned immediately. Unfortunately it is not possible to accuse them without telling the reasons for these findings. “I know he’s a cheater, but he probably knows I’m a cheater too, so I better shut up”.  

SyrinXeno: I thought of checking the demos the day his skill increased by more than 200 in a day
I wonder if you find any evidence: http://css.setti.inf...09-de_dust2.dem
(btw. scoopl IS anybody)

El Greco: btw this guy was reported for wh in ban requests and has been banned few times.
I was reported once, but never got banned afaik.

Perplexer: And you probably wouldn't last 100 hours on the main server and pub #3 where regulars and admins play. We've caught people WHing with less that 1 hours of gametime.
Well, I don’t know. Testing would be fun though, but I won’t, I already uninstalled ;) Since there are listed players on #1 and #3, you get probably fooled, too.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users