got banned

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Miltos

Guest_Miltos
  • Guests

Posted 12 April 2010 - 07:35 PM

Hey guys,

This is F@tality from Gr33k Immort@ls...
I got banned for no reason in mu opinion...I was told nothing before and out of the blue i was banned...maybe i had a couple of rounds without of death...anyway i hope i will be able to get back in Setti Public Server once again...

I am countng on you guys...

#2 Ghost

Ghost

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 3,640 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 11:03 PM

I removed your ban.

If you cheated then maybe somebody will tell what was the cheat. Until then, welcome back.

#3 Guest_Miltos

Guest_Miltos
  • Guests

Posted 13 April 2010 - 01:26 PM

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So there is no room for skilled players in setti...?
I was playing the first round in de_dust2(everybody had pistols) and because i had a score of 4 in the first round i was re-banned!!!I think that the selection of the admins should be much more thoughtful...i don't care if i am not unbanned(i would like it,though) but i care for setti and it will not improve if everybody skilled is banned...

With (still) plenty of respect,F@tal!ty (Gr33k Immortals)

#4 Ghost

Ghost

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 3,640 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 03:58 PM

I removed your ban again. Maybe we'll get reason for the ban here. Try to see who bans you the next time.

#5 LemmingGrumpy

LemmingGrumpy

Admin

• Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 09:52 PM

I removed your ban again. Maybe we'll get reason for the ban here. Try to see who bans you the next time.

Just permban that guy. He WHs.

I did not ban him in-game because I wanted to be sure. So, I dlded the demo. And sure enough, that little self-righteous-sounding bitch cheats.

I am making a video from auto-20100417-2125-de_cbble.dem
It takes really long for me as I struggle to make the avi.

In any case, the WH is clear. Admins can look at ticks

for sequences of actions where our greek friend shows truly preternal abilities... also known as WH. Watch with and without r_drawothermodels=2, and you will have a laugh.

High-skill my ass. Fuckin lamer.

#6 Ghost

Ghost

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 3,640 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 01:03 PM

Fixed.

#7 Perplexer

Perplexer

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 668 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 01:21 PM

Ghost, you should not be removing bans set by other admins. I banned this player twice and you removed both bans. You cannot expect admins to visit these forums and explain the bans they set. If you want more info about a ban then ask the admin who set it directly and try to pursuade him to remove it (he should decide if that is appropriate in that specific case) instead of you doing it yourself.

#8 CC:)

CC:)

• Members
  • 346 posts
  • LocationMoscow, RU

Posted 18 April 2010 - 02:49 PM

Ghost, you should not be removing bans set by other admins. I banned this player twice and you removed both bans. You cannot expect admins to visit these forums and explain the bans they set. If you want more info about a ban then ask the admin who set it directly and try to pursuade him to remove it (he should decide if that is appropriate in that specific case) instead of you doing it yourself.

+1
We must protect the forest for those who can’t speak.

#9 Ghost

Ghost

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 3,640 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 04:30 PM

Total nonsense. Many times regular players have got themselves banned and I've had to remove the ban. Nobody else would.

Now we've seen the worst case scenario when I remove a ban: the cheater played 5 additional days. Is that a problem? No. Is it a problem if it takes 5 days for regular player to get unbanned? Yes.

There must be hundreds of banned players in a month and only one or two post here about it. About 90% of the time when they post something here they're regulars and should be unbanned. Sometimes there's that 10% who actually are cheaters but still post here. At those times it takes couple more days to snatch the cheater because he'll cheat again. If he doesn't, then there's no problem.

Also, admins should be reading this forum because this is the place where the decisions are made for the server. I would've checked who banned him in the first place but I couldn't find the name anywhere.

#10 OficirNiko

OficirNiko

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 04:15 PM

Also, admins should be reading this forum because this is the place where the decisions are made for the server. I would've checked who banned him in the first place but I couldn't find the name anywhere.

probably Perplexer didn't have a good day soo he changed nicks again. hehe. only kidding.

Now we've seen the worst case scenario when I remove a ban: the cheater played 5 additional days. Is that a problem? No. Is it a problem if it takes 5 days for regular player to get unbanned? Yes.

Keeping fingers crossed for those regulars who got banned and want to play again (last ex. BaLaN or any other). Some are "waiting" for more then a year.

P.S. See ya when i get the time to play :(.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users