sudo's Content

There have been 69 items by sudo (Search limited from 18-November 18)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#32940 eSTEAMATiON Dropped support for Setti Bot

Posted by sudo on 13 April 2011 - 11:10 PM in Servers and Masterserver

I personally think that giving priority boost is unfair especially if you charge money. It would have been better if you gave boost to servers that are popular and fun to play on with auditing each popular server out there or something.
You have made your normal service free but with lower priority. And you get priority for 3 days if you pay 3 quid.

I do understand it cost you money for hosting a master server but if server patch developers start going against you. Soon you might have empty master server or master server with old servers.

Pff... Who will choose "popular and fun to play on"?

How long time we will use to choose them from 15000+ servers???

How much people will think, that YOUR edition - sucks?

Who must answer these questions? We? - Why? It`s stupid, because these questions are vicious circle!

About all systems there are people who FOR and who AGAINST. Why we should change it, if only small part against? You do not provide real arguments!

It`s not belongs to you, how much Setti pay for hosting. If Setti`s admin income are 100000$ in day, it`s fair. No one can provide service, like Setti. <_<

Mate, it was just a stupid suggestion. Nothing to get serious about...
I am not questioning Setti's income. I just thought its unfair that some people who PAID 3 quid are getting boosted servers. Where as before, there wasn't such a thing. Everthing looked and seemed fair where as now, you are advertising that if you pay 3 quid you get more players on your server regardless of it being a crappy server. I hope you see my point.

If you care to think, RevEmu and eSTEAMiNATION are the best server patches out there... they are untouchable at this moment in time.

Again I love setti and wont question anymore if you guys dont like to answer.

MvPRO Admin, your a nice guy and I didn't meant to offend you or Setti. It was just my opinion on this situation "we", the server owners are facing at the moment. No doubt Setti is best, I never said its bad or anything.

Thanks anyway :)

#32937 eSTEAMATiON Dropped support for Setti Bot

Posted by sudo on 13 April 2011 - 10:39 PM in Servers and Masterserver

I personally think that giving priority boost is unfair especially if you charge money. It would have been better if you gave boost to servers that are popular and fun to play on with auditing each popular server out there or something.
You have made your normal service free but with lower priority. And you get priority for 3 days if you pay 3 quid.

I do understand it cost you money for hosting a master server but if server patch developers start going against you. Soon you might have empty master server or master server with old servers.

I love Setti, not ass licking... but since you introduced the boost system, I become a little sad inside. I now know that I'm not getting the players fairly anymore... People who paid for boost are getting more players despite how well their servers are or even if they are being hosted at home on a P4 system with crappy home internet. :/

I will not go against Setti but I just didn't like the boost part.

I do not mean to offend anyone with this post. If you find it offensive in anyway, my sincere apologies.

Here is the link to the thread where vityan666 has posted the message pasted on my opening post.
http://cs.rin.ru/for...=738728#p738728

#32834 eSTEAMATiON Dropped support for Setti Bot

Posted by sudo on 13 April 2011 - 10:46 AM in Servers and Masterserver

Hi Setti,

Recently a newer version of server patch was released and vityan666, the developer has stopped support for allowing Setti's bot.

Here is what he said:

why remove setti support?

Since setti network added the "priority" service promoting servers whos owners payed money above any other server unrelated to real quality nor popularity nor slots ammount of those servers they stopped to be a community master service providers.
Community master server network must be free for everyone and only native parameters of servers should decide which one gets up in the DB - not money.

Unfortunately currently community has no real alternatives to Setti's masters aside of Valve's master servers which are not quite safe for Non-Steam so may be Setti drop occured too early. It will take time to replace Setti completely - it can take months and even years to develop serious alternative.
Why i've removed Setti's support from eST? First of all due to the story above - second the Master searching already changed on client side and in RevEmu based servers few months ago in steamclient 2009 by using alternate methods of Server searching. There is no point to leave Setti as it became deprecated - dot.
Some ppl can try to stay on old versions but old versions have known issue and will not work forever.
It is now your choice to make - continue to be dependant on Setti and pay them like lil h0rn(Overwise no one will even find your server... Didn't ive told that already?) or take your part at creating alternative systems.
I hope answer was as complete as possible.

I kinda agree about the "priory list" part. Seems like Setti is not like what it used to be before.
Can you please decide to change about "priority" scheme?

Or your answer to this is a NO to this issue?

Thank You

#16928 Help Please

Posted by sudo on 12 November 2010 - 01:05 PM in Counter-Strike: Source

Connect to server which have enabled fast download.

#16537 Whats up with server player limit?

Posted by sudo on 08 November 2010 - 11:15 PM in Setti CS:S servers

L2Rush.

#16183 I would like to submit servers.

Posted by sudo on 05 November 2010 - 11:04 AM in Offtopic

Hi,
I was trying to add CSS servers to Setti list But it doesn't allow me to add after 2-3 servers. It says I have to wait 15 mins. I am sure you have a valid reason for the 15 mins wait.

Can an admin or moderator please add these servers?

94.76.216.44:27015
94.76.216.44:27017
94.76.216.44:27018
94.76.216.44:27019
94.76.216.44:27025
94.76.216.44:27026

These are not fake servers. They are all legit servers with different game mode.

Server IP page on website: http://hellclan.co.u...e.php?page_id=1

Thank You :)

#15404 Help i cannot add me server to setti list

Posted by sudo on 30 October 2010 - 03:57 PM in Servers and Masterserver

I do not want to add to my server maniadmin.
In my server have installed sourecmod.
Another way to fix the problem ?

I was not saying Mani broke it. Valve recently updated CSS and I think that broke it.

Any official reply from Setti? OR any link to thread regarding this?

Thank You

#15296 Help i cannot add me server to setti list

Posted by sudo on 30 October 2010 - 10:38 AM in Servers and Masterserver

I think it has to do with this: http://www.mani-admi...-news&Itemid=51

Valve changed the way players connect... Maybe that broke it?

#15281 Help i cannot add me server to setti list

Posted by sudo on 30 October 2010 - 09:11 AM in Servers and Masterserver

Same thing here. Servers were added long before but they somehow got removed so I tried to add them again and now I receive this error:

[Sat Oct 30 12:08:43 2010]: Verifying 94.76.216.44:27017 (94.76.216.44:27017)

[Sat Oct 30 12:08:43 2010]: Got KEY (cssbeta) from 94.76.216.44:27017

[Sat Oct 30 12:08:43 2010]: Server reply: 90000GameUIServerRejectSteam

[Sat Oct 30 12:08:43 2010]: FAIL. Server denied me.

#11044 STOP ABUSING RETRY COMMAND

Posted by sudo on 03 September 2010 - 09:04 PM in Setti CS:S servers

All people should be able to act cool without authorities telling them to do so.

So true.

#11039 STOP ABUSING RETRY COMMAND

Posted by sudo on 03 September 2010 - 07:30 PM in Setti CS:S servers

@sudo: Roma gypsy? wtf is a "roma" ? it's called rrom. double R. And correct me if i'm wrong, but where did i said that the french aren't right? They're fucking right and i would like to see them banished back to India. Unfortunely, that's not gonna happen untill people change their mentality about them. The only ones that are defending them are the ones that never met one. Like stupid Madonna. Who got whistled and laughed of at her concert here, when she said "stop being racists about the gypsies". But, i was just making a comparison, i don't want this topic to develope into smth else.
Back on topic: Porov, gtfo.

What is RROM? simple google search revealed "Resistive Range of Motion". I am not talking about that.

I was talking about these people: http://en.wikipedia....omani_subgroup)

The French are sending them back to Romania not India. :S
News: http://www.bbc.co.uk...europe-11020429

But whatever mate.

#10995 STOP ABUSING RETRY COMMAND

Posted by sudo on 02 September 2010 - 11:44 PM in Setti CS:S servers

I want a poll also. Should we donate for a new server and send all these porovs and their idiotic ideas there? Now this is democracy. Ye know, like the french do with the gypsies now.

And yeah idiot in General Porov, your own players do that shit. Too bad you stated it already :((

Sending back Roma Gypsies will be advantage to them, they will not have to pay.

Gypsies are uneducated and prefer to live like that. They send their kids to beg on roads and clean car windscreen for some change... Its very dangerous.

They are always unemployed too. Therefore cant really take care of themselves and most importantly their kids... And also prefer not to send their kids to schools. I don't know why they do that but what French people say is true. This is a problem that should be addressed.

I think the French government should follow what Finland does to gypsies.

Sorry for off topic and sorry if you are gypsy.

#10954 New CSS Servers and CSS Update for NON Steam!

Posted by sudo on 02 September 2010 - 03:04 AM in Counter-Strike: Source

Sorry guys, This release is no longer supported. Please download Setti's Release and good luck.

http://css.setti.inf...i/page__p__7564

#10951 STOP ABUSING RETRY COMMAND

Posted by sudo on 01 September 2010 - 11:56 PM in Setti CS:S servers

I don't recommend:
// This cvar slays players who are killed during a CSS round then leave and

// rejoin the server in the same round then spawn to play the same round

// more than once. 0 = Disabled, 1 = Enabled

mani_anti_rejoin 1

If you want you server to allow 1 player to play and if this person connect to the server again if the server is empty it will loop that players death.

Try going to the server when nobody is playing and then try rejoining.
===============================================
Rejoining server isn't a crime. Player might be having problem and they need to reconnect.

If you think only score whores do that then what stops you from thinking they use ranks?

Ranks is used for scores. Scoreboard scores are only temporary. This is by design.

Porov, learn to use ranks if they are available on the server.

Spamming rejoin is a different story though and I'm sure he wasn't spamming retry in console?

#10786 SRCDS v34

Posted by sudo on 31 August 2010 - 12:51 AM in Counter-Strike: Source

Im not going to waste my money. A good vps is $40/month and I will make $0/month. If I buy a game server they will not support no-steam and not support older versions. It seems way easier to die in new css.

What support? You support it yourself. They will just support the server and its connectivity to the internet. Dont go for VPS nomatter how good they are. They are not powerful enough to be game servers because they share resources. You need Dedicated Servers to host proper non steam servers. But I still agree that orangebox css server is the way :)

Anyways I read it again and I understand it but it didn't answer my question. You just proved that if someone has higher latency the people with lower latency will have to wait for his messages to come in late. I meant if one person has lets say 500ms and everyone on average has around 100ms, when the 500ms player joins can he make everyone else's latency increase, or is it just a misconception?

Person with higher ping will not make other players ping high. Its your server's resources bottleneck that causes high ping for players. I am only referring your case. Everyone will have stable ping if it wasn't hosted on home connection and on same machine.

#10778 SRCDS v34

Posted by sudo on 30 August 2010 - 09:44 PM in Counter-Strike: Source

Dont host server on same system/home network where you also play css. It will always lag. Get proper hosting. Buy Dedicated servers avoid VPS.

#10728 SRCDS v34

Posted by sudo on 30 August 2010 - 10:56 AM in Counter-Strike: Source

And... I can't right click my srcds console window so I can copy anything from there.

I personally use this method to mark/copy and paste anything from srcds console.

Right click on the SRCDS on the taskbar and follow the screenshot.
Click on mark and then select the part you want to copy and then right click to copy and paste where ever you want :)
Posted Image
This method is quite similar to k1ller's way still.
Remember, when using mark and highlighting for long time, the server will lag for players.
I have yet to try k1ller's way although I think enabling quick edit will cause problem since the console is always getting updated with logs...

#10703 SRCDS v34

Posted by sudo on 29 August 2010 - 07:59 PM in Counter-Strike: Source

Pff i understanded here all.Just don't wanna help me.Add me at Steam that we can talk better.!! not sending all times posts here and ..

Steam: miguel961

What's wrong writing here? If you need private support, pay someone who have better knowledge of SRCDS. Otherwise forget about making a v34 server. Its very very hard for you. I can say this because you don't understand anything.

You are a very negative person. If we didn't want to help, there will be no v34 download in this forum. -.-

Je ne suis pas aider quelqu'un qui n'apprécie pas l'aide de notre part. Et qui ne sait pas comment lire les instructions.

#10632 SRCDS v34

Posted by sudo on 28 August 2010 - 11:19 PM in Counter-Strike: Source

Nobody will understand you. Just write in French. Merci.

#10622 SRCDS v34

Posted by sudo on 28 August 2010 - 05:14 PM in Counter-Strike: Source

[color="#FF0000"]v34 IS NOT ORANGEBOX. v34 DOES NOT HAVE ORANGEBOX FOLDER. YOU CANNOT USE v34 ON STEAM CSS. v34 IS OLD VERSION OF CSS SERVER. RUNNING SERVER IS NOT ONLY ABOUT FTP, FTP IS ONLY NOOB PART. YOU ARE BEING LAZY BY NOT FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS POSTED IN THIS THREAD. GO TO PREVIOUS PAGES AND READ! IF YOU ARE NOT NOOB YOU WILL UNDERSTAND WHAT TO DO.

#10391 New CSS Servers and CSS Update for NON Steam!

Posted by sudo on 25 August 2010 - 06:15 PM in Counter-Strike: Source

25th August 2010 Update: http://localhostr.co...25AUG10.sfx.exe

#10243 SRCDS v34

Posted by sudo on 24 August 2010 - 04:55 PM in Counter-Strike: Source

To make newer mani work with older css:

http://www.mani-admi...&id=86569#86580

Follow nomy's instruction number 2.

#10166 SRCDS v34

Posted by sudo on 24 August 2010 - 12:03 AM in Counter-Strike: Source

Mani + SM = No crash
Mani + ES = No crash

For me :)

#10037 New CSS Servers and CSS Update for NON Steam!

Posted by sudo on 23 August 2010 - 03:04 PM in Counter-Strike: Source

What do you mean with "images" ???
Also there are already new files:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KTZPURJ4 fix engine.dll
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=067NDKWS steamclient nologging

Where to put the Dll plz tell me sorry for my ignorent behaviour.

He said in the previous post. In the BIN folder.
There are 2 BIN folders:
1) Counter-Strike Source/bin
2) Counter-Strike Source/cstrike/bin

You should put it in the folder 1.

OR

Just use the update patch I posted few hours back :)

#9950 New CSS Servers and CSS Update for NON Steam!

Posted by sudo on 23 August 2010 - 12:26 AM in Counter-Strike: Source

CSS v48 update: http://localhostr.co...17AUG10.sfx.exe

Fixes the "You are in insecure mode. You must restart before you can connect to secure servers."
Fixes the achievements so now they work.

========================================================

Checker, you are also on the guest account on this forum.

If the person who needs help isn't worth helping then stop helping them.

The error "The file you are trying to access is temporarily unavailable." is from the megaupload website.

Thanks for helping people while I was busy :)

========================================================

wsac, please show some respect to people who are trying to help you.
He cant fix something which he doesn't have the control of, in this case, he cant fix the error on the megaupload website.