Photo

Admin request for Pub #3.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
31 replies to this topic

Poll: Boynaar as admin on Pub #3 (22 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think I should be admin on Pub #3?

1. Yes. (9 votes [40.91%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 40.91%

2. No. (13 votes [59.09%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 59.09%

Vote

#1 Boynaar

Boynaar

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:22 AM

Hello,

Actually, there are (mostly)never admins online during the nights(Server time).
My job as an software/games developer requires me to work during the nights and sleep during the day, every night I play CSS only on setti servers because I am too lazy to add other servers.
These terrible nights are the times where the hackers and cheaters get out to hunt in the forest with their mouses and keyboards(sometimes also with headsets).
I think getting an admin (part time)working during the nights is a great solution for those hackers and cheaters.
So I think I have explained to you why we need an admin during the nights, now why me?

I don't like banning people, I like to slay them. But if the rules say to ban them, then I like banning.
I don't want to say "Ï know cheaters." but I prefer saying "I think 3 times before saying about someone that he/she cheats.".
I don't misuse my powers.
I am serious when I have to be serious, I am funny when I like to be funny.

That's everything I guess, people always tell their good side, but you will not regret it making me an admin because my bad side is small enough to make it hard for me to say I have bad things.

I am not sure, but someone told me only German are allowed to become admins.
I am Dutch.

Yours sincerely
Boynaar

#2 Ellanios

Ellanios

Hole Stretcher

• Moderators - CS admin
  • 640 posts
  • LocationPantheon of the Hole Stretchers

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:13 PM

+1

Boynaar is a regular late-night hour player. He could be usefull as an admin on pub3.

#3 SyrinXeno

SyrinXeno

Setti's "cheating" regular

• Moderators - CS admin
  • 596 posts
  • LocationRight behind you with a knife ;)

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:25 PM

Nice application. Only bad thing is I've never noticed him on servers yet. Maybe because of different play time I've missed him so far. People that know him should reply. +1

#4 IrGeNdJeMaNd-AUT

IrGeNdJeMaNd-AUT

The Chosen One

• Members
  • 797 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:17 PM

Same as SyrinXeno's opinion, although i have further questions.
Since when are you playing regularly on Setti servers?
No, it's not necessary to be german on our servers in order to get admin privileges.
Since when are you playing CSS? (If you can see the difference between skill and cheat)
Slaying cheaters is nonsense.
Do we know you from any games you helped to develop? ;)
And last but not least, a bit more forum activity would also be necessary in order to have a better communication with Setti administration and community.

#5 Boynaar

Boynaar

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:37 PM

1. Since when are you playing regularly on Setti servers?
2. Since when are you playing CSS? (If you can see the difference between skill and cheat)
3. Slaying cheaters is nonsense.
4. Do we know you from any games you helped to develop? ;)
5. And last but not least, a bit more forum activity would also be necessary in order to have a better communication with Setti administration and community.

1. I am playing on the setti servers since the CSS v34 was updated, I used to play on surf servers only but after the update of V34 my favorite surf servers went down. So I decided to play normal maps, since there are no surf servers with the good surf modifications anymore, I am not surfing anymore.

2. I can't really remember since when I am playing css, I think since 2005 or 2006. But when I went to college, in 2009, I didn't play CSS for like a year...

3. Cheaters are not the only people who have to get grounded ^^

4. Next year is my last year of college, then I will move on to the real job. According to my study, I am still not a game developer, but I can get work in game developing. I am working on 1 official game atm and I can't say yet wich one it is. I am also working on a game for a project for college.

5. I am not really a person who likes to talk much, even when I go out with friends, family and even on school I don't talk much(wich actually helped me a lot on school xD). But when people talk to me, I talk back, so I will be watching the forum(if I become an admin ofc) for any banning request or something importants. Sometimes I like to discuss some things.

#6 Marioc

Marioc

Master

• 1,408 posts
  • LocationAthens

Posted 05 May 2012 - 11:51 PM

I just changed my mind. +1

#7 Boynaar

Boynaar

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 12:44 AM

I just changed my mind. +1

Thanks

#8 Luffy-4-

Luffy-4-

On my way to Raftel

• Members
  • 253 posts
  • LocationHeraklion,Greece

Posted 06 May 2012 - 08:35 PM

I dont even know the guy but i like his "attidute" !! Good luck +1

#9 Sculder

Sculder

President

• 363 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:05 AM

I only saw him once in #3. We need admins who play often.

#10 Boynaar

Boynaar

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:00 PM

During the day I play around the 1 and 1:30 hours...
During the nights I play around the 2 and 3 hours... Friday and Saturday I am even more often online...
Sometimes I don't play during the day...
It's actually about the night times, I have never seen any admin online during the nights and I understand why, but I am by the ways online in the nights...
Actually, there is no need to give me full rights, banning someone for 1 day so you guys can check later if he needs a permanent ban would be more then enough, it's just because a lot of people who play in the nights leave and go on other servers because of cheaters. Like when you are playing with 20 players, one cheater comes, then you are playing with 8 players... And some of the 8 go cheating because of the cheater. Nice story, isn't it?
It's not a nice story...
I am not talking about getting an admin so the pub#3 will have more players playing on it, it's clear that pub#3 has a lot of players, I am talking about making sure the people can play fair on any time(like the nights) they would like to play.

#11 Boynaar

Boynaar

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:00 PM

During the day I play around the 1 and 1:30 hours...
During the nights I play around the 2 and 3 hours... Friday and Saturday I am even more often online...
Sometimes I don't play during the day...
It's actually about the night times, I have never seen any admin online during the nights and I understand why, but I am by the ways online in the nights...
Actually, there is no need to give me full rights, banning someone for 1 day so you guys can check later if he needs a permanent ban would be more then enough, it's just because a lot of people who play in the nights leave and go on other servers because of cheaters. Like when you are playing with 20 players, one cheater comes, then you are playing with 8 players... And some of the 8 go cheating because of the cheater. Nice story, isn't it?
It's not a nice story...
I am not talking about getting an admin so the pub#3 will have more players playing on it, it's clear that pub#3 has a lot of players, I am talking about making sure the people can play fair on any time(like the nights) they would like to play.

#12 M4Andreas (GR NOOB)

M4Andreas (GR NOOB)

Master Admin ^.^

• Members
  • 1,402 posts
  • LocationAthens, Greece

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:03 PM

We need admins who play often.

Yeah sure.
Posted Image

<span style="font-family: comic sans ms" ,="" cursive'="">"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

#13 Boynaar

Boynaar

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 01:41 AM

Actually I am tired of reporting hackers all the time, it even take so long till they get banned and it requires me to check the demo and the tick time every time... It's just too much for too less...
I guess you should choose now...

#14 tagcollector

tagcollector

One of us

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:00 AM

+1 we need more admins specially at night and Boynaar seems capable of spottin a cheater

#15 el greco

el greco

Pro

• Moderators - CS admin
  • 320 posts
  • LocationPERU

Posted 11 May 2012 - 04:25 PM

Actually I am tired of reporting hackers all the time, it even take so long till they get banned and it requires me to check the demo and the tick time every time... It&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;#39;s just too much for too less...
I guess you should choose now...

so if u will get your privileges you will stop reporting?
i believe we can find more suitable candidates than Boynaar since there seems to be lack of insomniac admins lately :sleepy: in pub3. he isnt even a regular.oh and he is tired already of heavy admin duty :w00t:.Anyway i dont think he would be a usefull admin.
perhaps elanios could get admin rights, he is a good nightwalker or someone else who is really active in the night ,i have one or two in mind.
Caer estα permitido, levantarse es obligatorio

#16 Boynaar

Boynaar

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 05:10 PM

bla bla bla.. bla bla.. blaaaa.. bla bla...

First of all, don't edit my texts, I think more then 100 times before saying(typing) something, you are just too stupid to understand.
Second, why would I even report someone if/when I get admin? My job will be then to take action, not to report -.-
Third, no body needs your help to go advertise for them on others admin requests, that is insane and asocial.

You just made a fool of yourself, I know that kind of people like you very good and I bet the Setti staff knows that kind of people like you aswell, they are smart enough to ignore people like you.

#17 el greco

el greco

Pro

• Moderators - CS admin
  • 320 posts
  • LocationPERU

Posted 11 May 2012 - 05:41 PM

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

@ Boynaar thx for confirming me that you are a rage noob. i had this image of u from inside the game the few times we played together.
to all the other crap u wrote above i must add that your text was edited by accident i guess , i had no reason to do so ,same thing happened to mine
Caer estα permitido, levantarse es obligatorio

#18 Xarc

Xarc

Truck Driver

• Moderators - Minecraft admin
  • 923 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 06:01 PM

Second, why would I even report someone if/when I get admin? My job will be then to take action, not to report -.-

You are not forced but I guess will be better to report because just 2 hours ban it's not enough and they will comeback and annoy you and other players.
So if you report them every time you see and ban them ... actions can be taken by full admins.
But this is just my opinion.

#19 Boynaar

Boynaar

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 06:21 PM

You are not forced but I guess will be better to report because just 2 hours ban it's not enough and they will comeback and annoy you and other players.
So if you report them every time you see and ban them ... actions can be taken by full admins.
But this is just my opinion.

That's the same opinion I had about reporting, untill I have seen all my reports are simply ignored, not only mine but other reports aswell...
And I think you misunderstood the conversation between me and el greco, he said "[color=#282828]so if u will get your privileges you will stop reporting?", I mean, someone who gets privileges shouldn't report, but should check the reports. That's why I said: [color=#282828]why would I even report someone if/when I get admin? My job will be then to take action, not to report -.-

But what you said is true it's even logical, of cource it is better if you stay reporting, but not when you will be like 30 minutes make a report and next days you see the same steam ID hacking again...

#20 IrGeNdJeMaNd-AUT

IrGeNdJeMaNd-AUT

The Chosen One

• Members
  • 797 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 10:30 PM

I mean, someone who gets privileges shouldn't report, but should check the reports

Sorry to say that but it's just really dumb to say something like that.

You see, hackers are idiots but not all of them are dumb. If you catch one cheating, maybe he tries to hide it more in the future, ergo forcing us to spend more time on catching them.
Furthermore they are able to change their names, the only way to identify them is by steam_id. If you don't report the steam_id, they'll just come back with another name and try to hide it better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users