#1 weemaners

weemaners

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • LocationGreenback,TN USA

Posted 24 June 2012 - 11:53 PM

HL2.exe has stopped working!!

ok i haven't played since ive downloaded 1week ago

when i do a fresh install of counter strike source b00bs version.

It runs fine bots and everything and server's are working to but i don't have right version. so i get the updates and update to 0.0.0.70 doesn't work i try to launch hl2.exe has stopped working. ran in xp compatility no difference disable antivirus still doesn't work when i install

0.0.0.71 update is same way doesn't work click the icon loading screen pops up........................ loading......4 seconds later DAMMIT! hl2.exe has stopped working!

READ ALL OF THIS DON"T BE LAZY SO YOU KNOW WHAT MY ISSUE IS BEFORE BEING LAZY and just saying this and that.

when i disable steamclient in rev.ini it works but. can't play bot's or online
STEAM BETA MUST BE RUNNING.

EDIT: SEEMS cstrike\bin\client.dll fault module im not the only one anyfix?

#2 Ellanios

Ellanios

Hole Stretcher

• Moderators - CS admin
  • 640 posts
  • LocationPantheon of the Hole Stretchers

Posted 25 June 2012 - 12:14 AM

Did you try to make a new shortcut after the update installation?

#3 weemaners

weemaners

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 01:42 AM

yea thanks for respawnding so quickly lol the mods don't help this fast.

#4 M4Andreas (GR NOOB)

M4Andreas (GR NOOB)

Master Admin ^.^

• Members
  • 1,402 posts
  • LocationAthens, Greece

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:43 AM

When you try other css versions too (in other css communities) and you have the same error that means that the main problem isn't in setti css orange box version nor to setti update but in your pc!
Try to Install the latest drivers and the latest windows updates.
Posted Image

<span style="font-family: comic sans ms" ,="" cursive'="">"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

#5 M4Andreas (GR NOOB)

M4Andreas (GR NOOB)

Master Admin ^.^

• Members
  • 1,402 posts
  • LocationAthens, Greece

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:43 AM

When you try other css versions too (in other css communities) and you have the same error that means that the main problem isn't in setti css orange box version nor to setti update but in your pc!
Try to Install the latest drivers and the latest windows updates.
Posted Image

<span style="font-family: comic sans ms" ,="" cursive'="">"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

#6 HappyLittleB00zer

HappyLittleB00zer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • LocationKladovo, Serbia

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:30 PM

U can first try by disabling your antivirus software... Antivurus softwares like Norton, Avast, Avira and Nod32 have been confirmed to cause sometimes hl2.exe to crash. If u got installation for ur antivirus, feel free to uninstall it. If that one doesnt help, try reinstalling the game, and update your GPU and other drivers. Most of the times, problems with hl2.exe is caused by pc's, not because of the game itself. Game requires a lot of RAM and processor usage, so try closing down softwares that u dont need when u play CS:S. If nothing helps, well then only way is to re-install windows... (or whatever OS u use)

#7 weemaners

weemaners

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 03:02 AM

we'll thanks for the help but norton has been off for a long time i turned it off i except the fact that it's my pc and take it to my own to say sorry to b00bs for starting arguments and stuff and m4andreas it's not any of your faults it's my pc

EDIT: i downloaded counter strike 1.6 from this site works! im just going to play it. screw source when global offensive comes out im getting it :) thanks for the help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users