Server for clanwars

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
27 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Vitruvian

Guest_Vitruvian
  • Guests

Posted 19 July 2012 - 03:11 PM

Hey guys, the tourney is finished and I would like to congrats eKLIK's with very good gameplay and win. It was pretty fun and very good experience for both; clans and just random individuals cooperation. What was extremly fantastic is the fact that we had a whole server's clans competed with each other. But it's kinda not logical to have a different amount of clans without a place where they can fight against each other at anytime they want and ready to. So is it possible for setti to make like a closed server which can be only open for two teams by the request of their leaders for a clan war?

The system can be really simple, two dudes (I think they must be heads of two different clans) are talked in game or wherever so they decided to have a clan war. All they should do is post here on forum a request like: "Yoo, me (Team1) and this dude (Team2) want to have a clan war on this map (name of the map), can you please tell us the date and time you can give us a place for that? I think this will be a perfect gift for clans on setti, and it will push individuals to try cooperative gameplay. I hope all clan-players will understand and support me. In case if this sounds fail - sorry I found it pretty interesting. :)

#2 Rafy

Rafy

Expert

• Members
  • 221 posts
  • LocationCairo Egypt

Posted 19 July 2012 - 06:47 PM

Sounds very nice +1

#3 Heady

Heady

• Moderators - Admin
  • 2,173 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 08:18 PM

Very good idea!

#4 JTPM23

JTPM23

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • LocationCairo-Egypt / Sofia-Bulgaria

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:53 PM

i agree ) the idea itself sounds very good , you have my support bro ;)

#5 Mentiroso

Mentiroso

Master

• Moderators - CS admin
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:10 AM

doesnt seem to be much interest in this, although, we played a couple of mixes today and it was fun.
i will try and get a plugin for auto-mix on the war server and update this thread

#6 Guest_Vitruvian

Guest_Vitruvian
  • Guests

Posted 25 July 2012 - 08:09 PM

I think a lot of players who might be interested in this topic just not a forum users so they don't have an access to this discussion. Still we can see many of gamers online with clan tags, so I'm pretty sure that once they will face an idea to have a clan war with other team and then they will realize that there is no official place to do that. But anyways thank you Menti for working things up, cause I was afraid that topic is about to die. :thumbsup:

#7 Mentiroso

Mentiroso

Master

• Moderators - CS admin
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:31 PM

We tested the automatic one today, worked nice. Just need to change some more stuff but, the system is working fine
You go in the server, and you can nominate/RTV for the map you want to play (60% votes needed to change)
Then you warm up untill everyone types !ready, at this point, you will go LIVE. This will only happen when 10 players already typed !ready.
I will try to change it to Knifes instead of Live, so that the sides are chosen in knifes.
Also i will try and give a solution for password and stuff..

#8 Mentiroso

Mentiroso

Master

• Moderators - CS admin
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:27 PM

Ok. I think its perfect now.

Server remains without password, and people can join, when 10 people have joined, and all typed "!ready" the server will enter live mode, AND A PASSWORD WILL BE RANDOMLY GENERATED. This password will be shown on console (you will have to look back up on console a bit, cause of the live live live live text etc) and you can, and should, retrieve it yourself by using the command sm_password, so if you get disconnected you can come back to the mix. After the mix is over, the server will return to non-passworded mode :)

So if you guys want to play 5v5 you can just log in to 176.9.110.38:27035
If you need a demo from a match that you played, you can ask me via PM because they are not uploaded automatically, i have to manually download them from the server.
If you are being kicked due to cl_interp, put cl_interp "0.015" or "0.030" on your cfg (or change if after you join server, but before you choose team).
If you keep getting stuck on download after map change use cl_downloadfilter "none"

So to keep it simple i'll re-explain everything now in 5 easy to follow directions:

1) Join server 176.9.110.38:27035
2) Type [color=#ff0000]nominate/rtv to select map (60% votes needed)
3) Warm-up, and type[color=#ff0000] !ready
4) When all are ready and match is live, type [color=#ff0000]sm_password and write down password so you can rejoin if you leave or ask others to fill your team if someone leaves
5) When match is over [color=#ff0000]get the fuck out!

#9 Mentiroso

Mentiroso

Master

• Moderators - CS admin
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:34 PM

gj on disabling the server

#10 Heady

Heady

• Moderators - Admin
  • 2,173 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:36 PM

I just checked it. GameCP says that server is running but there are problems.

#11 Heady

Heady

• Moderators - Admin
  • 2,173 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 05:25 PM

It's working again. There were some problem with the firewall, we had the same problem with the GO4CSS server.
New adress is now: 176.9.110.38:27035

Edit: I changed the ports in your posts. Server is also updated (Metamod to 1.9.0 & CS:S to 1.0.0.74) and it should be patched.

#12 Mentiroso

Mentiroso

Master

• Moderators - CS admin
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:07 PM

its choppy/laggy, unplayable, and all the stuff i wrote/did is not working anymore.
no automatic mix/war script, no rtv/nominate, no password generator, nothing.

#13 Heady

Heady

• Moderators - Admin
  • 2,173 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:14 PM

Fixed

The server is empty the whole day. It never changes the map. This causes the lags! Just rtv or whatever and lags are gone.
The rest is also working again!

#14 Mentiroso

Mentiroso

Master

• Moderators - CS admin
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:41 PM

yes its working fine now

#15 Heady

Heady

• Moderators - Admin
  • 2,173 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:31 PM

It's running sv_pure 2, right? Can non-stean clients join?

#16 Mentiroso

Mentiroso

Master

• Moderators - CS admin
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 06:34 PM

yes it has always been sv_pure 2, and yes non-steam clients were able to join, since it was the same patched server used for the tournament, which was mainly non-steam players.
i will check now if its still patched, just need to update my non-steam css

#17 Mentiroso

Mentiroso

Master

• Moderators - CS admin
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 06:44 PM

no, it has some problem, with consistency of some script files.
you should change to sv_pure 1 and whitelist this/these:

scripts/game_sounds_physics.txt

and if it doesnt work with just this, try adding these, since i tried deleting the scripts folder so it would be re-downloaded from server (which caused it to only download some of the files, and not these)

scripts/dsp_presets.txt
scripts/surfaceproperties_manifest.txt
scripts/soundscapes_manifest.txt
scripts/propdata.txt
scripts/game_sounds_world.txt
scripts/game_sounds_weapons.txt
scripts/game_sounds_physics.txt
scripts/game_sounds_manifest.txt
scripts/game_sounds_ambient_generic.txt
scripts/game_sounds.txt

the other option would be to fix these on the released patch, which seems to be the problem as they are inconsistant with the steam ones, but its too much of a hassle since i think zero non steam servers run sv_pure 1 or 2, mostly everyone runs 0.

edit: via console i could disable zblock and try sv_pure 0 to see if server is still correctly patched, and yes, it worked. so you just have to sv_pure 1 on server.cfg and then make the whitelist. then write here so i can test again to see if any more files are problematic..

#18 Heady

Heady

• Moderators - Admin
  • 2,173 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:27 PM

the other option would be to fix these on the released patch, which seems to be the problem as they are inconsistant with the steam ones

We'll maybe add it to the next patch. In the last 2 patches these file weren't changed by Steam, so I saw no reason to include them. Anyways, we think about making a new CS:S release, since the old is causing some problems, but that's just an idea..

#19 Mentiroso

Mentiroso

Master

• Moderators - CS admin
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:48 PM

that's kind of not possible right? cause the tournament was on the last patch, and all was working fine then, unless its something wrong with mine, so someone else should test and compare the error they get.

#20 Heady

Heady

• Moderators - Admin
  • 2,173 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:54 PM

I tested it with Glory, she got the same errors.. The last two updates didn't contained any of these files and Steam also didn't update any of these files, very confusing :pinch:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users