85 replies to this topic

#21 M4Andreas (GR NOOB)

M4Andreas (GR NOOB)

Master Admin ^.^

• Members
  • 1,402 posts
  • LocationAthens, Greece

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:26 AM

I haven't changed it, but maybe we should change the max visible players, so Steam users can join if there are more than 24 players?

Yes, i created a topic about that in admin board some months ago, some steam guys actually they don't know that they can join the server with the connect command in console when server has more than 24 players, so they see that server is full and they just leave.
Posted Image

<span style="font-family: comic sans ms" ,="" cursive'="">"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

#22 FonZi

FonZi

Αθλητική Ένωση Κωνσταντινουπόλεως

• Moderators - CS admin
  • 223 posts
  • Location3kala,Greece

Posted 28 October 2012 - 01:42 PM

I haven't changed it, but maybe we should change the max visible players, so Steam users can join if there are more than 24 players?

Yes, i created a topic about that in admin board some months ago, some steam guys actually they don't know that they can join the server with the connect command in console when server has more than 24 players, so they see that server is full and they just leave.

I had the same problem at the beginning and i found it suddenly...
Ελεύθερος δεν είναι όποιος κάνει ότι θέλει, αλλά όποιος ξέρει τι θέλει.
Ο έξυπνος παραδέχεται το λάθος του, ο πονηρός δικαιολογείται και ο βλάκας επιμένει.

#23 Marioc

Marioc

Master

• 1,408 posts
  • LocationAthens

Posted 28 October 2012 - 09:01 PM

So I see words are words. I dont want to know what you are going to do but I want the legendary SETTI MAIN SERVER back from the deads ! :gun:

#24 masterx

masterx

Expert

• Moderators - CS admin
  • 253 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:04 PM

I played there yesterday! There were 10 players online when I joined, after couple of rounds only 6. Lol.
c2=a2+b2-2abcosγ

#25 Marioc

Marioc

Master

• 1,408 posts
  • LocationAthens

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:19 PM

Bump bump

#26 Perplexer

Perplexer

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 668 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:54 PM

It's because there are too many servers. I don't even know how many Setti servers we have but I would say 3 would be absolute maximum for one game. Two would be even better. I am also fed up with D2 only but everything else is dead/empty. I tend to go play other maps on other servers but other servers are full of idiots and idiot admins so you can't have a good game there. Did anyone try to resurrect the main server yet ?

#27 Heady

Heady

• Moderators - Admin
  • 2,173 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:30 PM

I think this would be the best:
Setti Dust2, Setti Whatever (Custom + maps like office, aztec), Setti Deathmatch.

#28 Perplexer

Perplexer

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 668 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:10 PM

Custom maps are no good I think. That was the reason the main server got empty back in the days. Ghost never removed those bad custom maps and part of the result is what we see today.

#29 Heady

Heady

• Moderators - Admin
  • 2,173 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:28 PM

That would be nice :D :

de_dust_pcg
de_vertigo
de_tropicwasteland
cs_business
de_losttemple_pro
de_nightfever
de_seasideresort_pro
de_scud_pro
cs_kismayoHDR
de_siena
de_cpl_strike32slots
de_tuscan
de_season
de_villa
de_russka
de_contra
de_escape_b1
de_dolls
[color=#008000]de_aztec
[color=#008000]cs_office
[color=#008000]de_mirage
[color=#008000]cs_italy
[color=#008000]de_train
[color=#008000]de_nuke
[color=#008000]de_inferno
[color=#008000]de_piranesi

#30 Marioc

Marioc

Master

• 1,408 posts
  • LocationAthens

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:57 PM

Add de_piranesi !

#31 Zbang

Zbang

One of us

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 06:46 PM

Setti used to be about quality, now it's about dumbed down quantity.
Reviving the main server is going to need to take actions on the obvious: shut down the other setti CSS servers.

#32 Funky

Funky

80's D.I.S.C.O.

• Members
  • 345 posts
  • LocationReal Macedonia,Greece

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:31 PM

And you think that if we close the other servers that will magically make all the players pros?what the fuck dude?this is nonesense..The first and biggest setti's problem,in my opinion,is the fact that we have too many and too dumb admins.
Don't get confused between my personality and my attitude.My personality is who i am,my attitude depends on who you are.

#33 LemmingGrumpy

LemmingGrumpy

Admin

• Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 08:11 PM

Zbang is right on the money. I have been saying the same thing for, what... 18 months?

It is not about "magically make players pro", but capture whatever decent player happens to play once or twice on setti, by offering a sufficient number of players, and a sufficiently good gameplay. This can be achieved by "forcing" regulars to play on a single server, instead of diluting numbers and quality across several.

A good player who plays a few rounds on setti today will NOT come back. The general level is too low.

And that is why the D2 server has to go. God, I am tired writing the same stuff over and over again. And before any captain obvious points it out, yes, the D2 server IS popular but consider this: the gameplay on D2 server is [color=#ff0000]beyond shit. Very few rushes, CTs who can't defend, Ts who can't plant...

It is so bad that I now prefer playing D2 on other servers, even though I am not admin there. But you know what? IT DOESNT MATTER because players on these servers know what they need to do, I don't need to slay the fuck out of them so that they defend bombsites or stop teamflashing.

#34 Funky

Funky

80's D.I.S.C.O.

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 08:22 PM

Ok let's say that we close dust2 server and leave only Main open.How many players you think that are really skilled on setti?3?maybe 4?I can count them in my one palm dude.And by skilled,i don't mean the ones that know the basics(like me),cause yes,i am still a noob and i am not ashamed to say it.I try to help the team the best way i can but still i need a lot of hours of playing to reach the ''skilled player'' rank.Anyway,i went a little out of the point.What i want to say is that we should try and help the ''noob'' players become better and better by day.If we make setti a place that only ''pros'' will be able to play,then we should call it a tournament,not a public server!
Don't get confused between my personality and my attitude.My personality is who i am,my attitude depends on who you are.

#35 SNiPY

SNiPY

//Aggressive Gaming™

• Moderators - Admin
  • 3,534 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 25 December 2012 - 08:33 PM

What i want to say is that we should try and help the ''noob'' players become better and better by day.If we make setti a place that only ''pros'' will be able to play,then we should call it a tournament,not a public server!

+1 Funky.

[color=#ff0000]All keep this in your mind because that's what Setti is supposed to be and that's what we (admins) are supposed to do.
[color=#ff0000]Anyway. That's a big discussion which we have to do soon, because if we keep up like this we are going to kill Setti...

...you can achieve immortality, simply by doing one great thing...

#36 Funky

Funky

80's D.I.S.C.O.

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 08:38 PM

Every single one of us was a noob once.Nobody was born with great css skills.When i first got in Setti Servers i was a total noob for about 3-4 months cause i had no idea about the game.But one day,Mentiroso and i was playing alone on de_dust and he started pointing to me some ''tricks'' and ''tips'' so that i could improve my skills.I tried a lot and i still try,following his advices,(and i think we all know what a fucking perfect and skilled css player Mentiroso is).In a few words,i respect and will always respect him cause instead of banning/slaying me for being a noob he tried to help me without asking anything in return,and i would like to do the same thing one day to someone too.

#37 Ellanios

Ellanios

Hole Stretcher

• Moderators - CS admin
  • 640 posts
  • LocationPantheon of the Hole Stretchers

Posted 25 December 2012 - 08:51 PM

I AM NOOB!!!

#38 SNiPY

SNiPY

//Aggressive Gaming™

• Moderators - Admin
  • 3,534 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 25 December 2012 - 08:54 PM

Every single one of us was a noob once.Nobody was born with great css skills. But one day,Mentiroso and i was playing alone on de_dust and he started pointing to me some ''tricks'' and ''tips'' so that i could improve my skills instead of banning/slaying me for being a noob he tried to help me without asking anything in return.

Someone send this via pm to Sculder please. He finally must learn how a true admin has to treat the players. Jesus Christ.

...you can achieve immortality, simply by doing one great thing...

#39 LemmingGrumpy

LemmingGrumpy

Admin

• Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 09:15 PM

Total number of skilled players on setti: 3 or 4. Time to make noobs better: years. So no, I don't want to help anyone, I want to attract better players as soon as possible, noobs can then watch and learn. Anyway, how could a noob learn anything today on Setti with a low gameplay? The way to learn is to watch others when you are dead, see what works, and what doesn't. However, when you spec other noobs you learn very precisely nothing.

@Silent sniper: you have your opinion, that's fine and dandy, but just know that some people, me included, think you have no clue what a "true admin" should be. If you don't like it here, you know the way out. I am sure you will do better with your own server.

#40 Funky

Funky

80's D.I.S.C.O.

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 09:30 PM

First of all,guys please,don't make it personal.We are making a good and improtant discussion right here.

Secondly,''time to make noobs better:years''=False.The time depends on each person idipedently.Someone will need 2 weeks,another will need 6 mothns and another 23 lifetimes.Anyway,not everyone is going to be a pro,but at least he can be a decent player.For example,i am not the best player,but i am not the worst too.That's what i call a decent or neutral player.

Thirdly,about the spectating,you can't be more correct.All the regulars know that i spend more time spectating than playing.Some might think that i do that cause i am bored or pissed or bullshit like that.When i see players like Gruik,Silent Sniper,Professional,PoX,Gamble etc,i HAVE to join spectators and leanr every single movement and game strategy that they use because they are many levels above me.Unfortunately,that is somethng only a few will do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users