Unban threads (admins read)

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Fat Camper

Guest_Fat Camper
  • Guests

Posted 07 August 2010 - 12:28 AM

Can you administrators please make some kind of unban topic where players can ask for unban, also post a sticky thread with following:

If you want to be unbanned, you need to post these informations, otherwise your thread will be deleted/ignored.

1. Time and date when you were banned.(Exact time, so head admins can look into log and see what happend and what was the reason the user was banned)

2. Administrators name (optional)

3. Screenshot (optional)

4. On what server you were banned 1,2,3,4 etc.

Well 1. and 4. I think those are the most important ones, especially number 1 because then head admins dont have to look all day long just to unban 1 guy.

#2 Guest_Fat Camper

Guest_Fat Camper
  • Guests

Posted 07 August 2010 - 01:03 PM

bump.

#3 Kardinal

Kardinal

Regular

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 03:36 PM

Great sugestion ;)

#4 Guest_Fat Camper

Guest_Fat Camper
  • Guests

Posted 07 August 2010 - 03:41 PM

Thanks.

#5 SLO-MAN A.K.A Chuck Norris

SLO-MAN A.K.A Chuck Norris

One of us

• Members
  • 185 posts
  • LocationsLOVEnia

Posted 08 August 2010 - 08:11 AM

You should add: Your In-game name, at the time you were banned.
Chuck Norris does not flush toilets. He scares the shit out of them!!

#6 Guest_Fat Camper

Guest_Fat Camper
  • Guests

Posted 08 August 2010 - 04:54 PM

You should add: Your In-game name, at the time you were banned.

Oh yeah forgot that, usually people put their own in-game nickname same as forum nickname.

#7 Perplexer

Perplexer

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 668 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 11:26 PM

Not a good idea. Mostly you are banned temporarily for being an idiot. These bans usually expire after max 2 hours. If you are permbanned then it is because you cheated in which case there is no chance to get unbanned. For those very rare cases when a permban needs to be disputed the player can open a new thread or better yet write a PM directly to admins.

#8 b00bs

b00bs

Wickedsick Member

• Members
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 06:05 AM

Not a good idea.

Actually it's good, all other severs has this rule. Those perm/temp banned post on forum anyway, so if they will post in one thread forum would be cleaner.

#9 Guest_Fat Camper

Guest_Fat Camper
  • Guests

Posted 09 August 2010 - 06:25 AM

[/quote]
Actually it's good, all other severs has this rule. Those perm/temp banned post on forum anyway, so if they will post in one thread forum would be cleaner.
[/quote]

You didn't understand, it's not posting unban requests in 1 thread it is about posting unban requests in 1 section = Unban Section not 1 thread, every player will post a new thread in that section with unban request and yes forum would be a lot cleaner you are right there. There should be also other sections like Spam section, Download section, Fun section, Report Cheater section (reporting cheater by putting his steam id, which can be looked by typing /listplayers and also his in-game nickname) and so forth. If you think I am acting like I own this place by telling administrators what should they do, well you are wrong I am just suggesting stuff that most of succesful servers have and with a good intention.

#10 NekiNeznanec

NekiNeznanec

Expert

• Members
  • 233 posts
  • LocationSlovenija

Posted 09 August 2010 - 07:29 AM

I am just suggesting stuff that most of succesful servers have and with a good intention.

Actually this server is successful already.
Stultorum infinitus est numerus.

#11 Guest_Fat Camper

Guest_Fat Camper
  • Guests

Posted 09 August 2010 - 07:55 AM

Not really, it can be much better same as this forum. To be perfectly honest administrator staff is not so good whatsoever, they pretty much ignore every issue, they ignore problems with other admins (not being online often and not doing their jobs), I know it sounds like something they do for money but being admin is still some sort of job, you have the "power" to make things right or abuse them like an anus-hole which most admins do and head-staff doesn't give a damn. The head-staff only one I've seen serious on this forum and actually helping people was that Ghost guy I dont know him but that's from what I've seen and k1ller is also always there to bash on players but never on servers. Well I dont know about laws in Germany but in most countries you have freedom of speech and free opinion same goes for the interwebz, so I just gave mine.

#12 Perplexer

Perplexer

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 668 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 09:14 AM

Not a good idea.

Maybe you got a point, lol. :-)

#13 Perplexer

Perplexer

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 668 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 09:15 AM

Maybe we will open a separate section just for Fat Camper so he can spam all his crap in there. That would be good ....

#14 Guest_Fat Camper

Guest_Fat Camper
  • Guests

Posted 09 August 2010 - 09:49 AM

Can you even come up with somewhat reasonable arguement instead of behaving like an immature child?

#15 porov

porov

Pro

• Members
  • 428 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted 09 August 2010 - 11:27 AM

Owned by perplexer lol
Posted Image

#16 k1ller

k1ller

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 4,250 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 04:28 PM

Can you administrators please make some kind of unban topic where players can ask for unban, also post a sticky thread with following:

If you want to be unbanned, you need to post these informations, otherwise your thread will be deleted/ignored.

1. Time and date when you were banned.(Exact time, so head admins can look into log and see what happend and what was the reason the user was banned)

2. Administrators name (optional)

3. Screenshot (optional)

4. On what server you were banned 1,2,3,4 etc.

Well 1. and 4. I think those are the most important ones, especially number 1 because then head admins dont have to look all day long just to unban 1 guy.

This is not necessary I think. Many bans are temporary and those which are permanent should stay permanent. If someone feels they have been banned in vain they can contact admins here on forums or via PM.

Apart from above things I don't think the thread would speed up or help getting unbanned or banned. People who are stupid enough not to post those things without saying might be better left banned...
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users