5 replies to this topic

#1 ipwnaholic

ipwnaholic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 07:40 AM

Hello,
I used to get a "Steam validation Rejected" error when i wanted to coneect to a server in counter strike: source. I downloaded the masterservers.vdf file and pasted it into counterstrike source 2010/platform/config and made it read only, and i ran counter strike and the servers worked perfectly. Later i restarted the computer and ran css again but then i got the same errors again. i copied the vdf again into the directory but the error still persisted. Why is this happening and can someoe tell me how to fix it permanently?

Windows 7 ultimate
nvidea geforce 9400
core 2 duo
4 gigs ram

#2 k1ller

k1ller

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 4,250 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 08:19 AM

You can only join "patched servers". Check the serverlist at http://css.setti.info/servers/css/ . Setti Masterserver (Masterservers.vdf) is the service which shows you servers from that list. They are all patched servers.

If you see "Powered by css.setti.info" in your server browser you know that it's all working well. Just try other servers then.
Posted Image

#3 ipwnaholic

ipwnaholic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 06:51 PM

You can only join "patched servers". Check the serverlist at http://css.setti.info/servers/css/ . Setti Masterserver (Masterservers.vdf) is the service which shows you servers from that list. They are all patched servers.

If you see "Powered by css.setti.info" in your server browser you know that it's all working well. Just try other servers then.

It was working on any server before though??

#4 k1ller

k1ller

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 4,250 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 07:18 PM

Same servers that worked before will work now. Re-install your game to be sure.

You can check install instructions for "Setti favorites list" if you want to try another approach: http://css.setti.inf...i-server-lists/ . Favorites list will show you servers in the Favorites tab instead of Internet tab in server browser.
Posted Image

#5 ipwnaholic

ipwnaholic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 04:49 AM

You can check install instructions for "Setti favorites list" if you want to try another approach: http://css.setti.inf...i-server-lists/ . Favorites list will show you servers in the Favorites tab instead of Internet tab in server browser.

i put in the master servers and it wasnt narrowing down the browser at all. thee was still like 1000 servers there. so i had an idea i downloaded another counter strike source and i copied the whole cofig folder and replaced the setti one. i made the masterservers.vdf file to read only. i ran the program and it worked!!! all the servers were working, there were only like 150 of them. I turned off the computer and the next day i turned it on again and it went back to all the regular servers and im getting the error message again. i pasted the config folder again but it didnt do anything. SO i reinstalled css and put the setti masterservers.vdf in it and it didnt work, so i put the whole config folder again and it worked, BUT, but when i restarted the computer it failed on me agian. Any ideas?
I really appreciate all the help k1ller

#6 ipwnaholic

ipwnaholic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 06:36 AM

i put in the master servers and it wasnt narrowing down the browser at all. thee was still like 1000 servers there. so i had an idea i downloaded another counter strike source and i copied the whole cofig folder and replaced the setti one. i made the masterservers.vdf file to read only. i ran the program and it worked!!! all the servers were working, there were only like 150 of them. I turned off the computer and the next day i turned it on again and it went back to all the regular servers and im getting the error message again. i pasted the config folder again but it didnt do anything. SO i reinstalled css and put the setti masterservers.vdf in it and it didnt work, so i put the whole config folder again and it worked, BUT, but when i restarted the computer it failed on me agian. Any ideas?
I really appreciate all the help k1ller

UPDATE: OKay so i figured out the problem. it seems i geet masterserver browser only when my steam application isnt running. but when i run steam and open counter strike find servers, all of the validation rejected ones are there. BUT a new problem has arose: I can't seem to connect to any of the servers! I double click one and the progress bar shows up for half a second and then it disappears and goes back to the server browser! Any ideas?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users