Setti Masterserver BOOST support thread

• Please log in to reply
843 replies to this topic

#141 Guest_BOT^a

Guest_BOT^a
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2011 - 11:01 AM

why check in mobisolution side?
mobisolution sms gateway send to setti server exactly all sms content and in setti server side split message contant and after add in boost server side last message part.
and after setti server send reply to mobisolution reply message.
I think what boosted server database stored in sql, than jus one additional check on records count for check is already stored that sever in db or not.

Also if servers re stored in DB and have table structure row untildate, setti can just modify adding script
if server is not in database
insert untildate = date()+ 3days
if server is in database
update untildate = untildate + 3days

#142 Ghost

Ghost

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 3,640 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 05:47 PM

There have been changes in Boost. The Boost list is now fixed to 200 servers. The change must be done because the Boost doesn't work after the "server list packet" size grows over some 200 servers.

The masterserver sends the full server list in several packets. The packets can contain only about 200 servers. Boosted servers over the 200 servers would not get the same kind of Boost as those below the 200 limit. The Boost would lose its meaning.

The fixed limit of only 200 Boosted servers changes slightly the old fixed length 3 days Boost. Currently the longest Boosted server has been Boosted for 2 days and 21 hours.

#143 Thunder

Thunder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 06:31 PM

So now, maybe, we are going to be boosted for only few hours (if we are "lucky", and there are a lot of servers added at one moment).
Posted Image

#144 MvPRO Administrator

MvPRO Administrator

Fakes detector

• Russian Moderator
  • 2,317 posts
  • LocationMoscow, Russia

Posted 09 January 2011 - 01:52 AM

So now, maybe, we are going to be boosted for only few hours (if we are "lucky", and there are a lot of servers added at one moment).

It should not be so. Servers is not adding to boost every second.

If you provide high quality service to your players - you will have online anyway.

Get as example server in my signature :thumbsup:
Lets make setti better!
Find servers which break rules and report!

If you have any questions, you can talk with me on ICQ: 376421296 or E-Mail: admin@mvpro.net

#145 ShubbeH

ShubbeH

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 02:00 PM

but if was checking on is server or not server in bost list, ... and send back what server already added in boost list. i offer SMS Busines in our country!

The SMS service is hosted by Fortumo. If such check is possible with the service then it could be added. Also remember that you get monthly salary for doing your business. Setti isn't business.

tried to pay via mobile phone this morning, but it failed due a error (STRERR001). Server i wanted to add was 93.186.198.5:27016. The payment has been confirmed and charged, but due the error i fixed it via paypal and that worked.
SMS i wrote was looking like allways so that couldnt be the error.

Refund wont be need as it would be nice if u manualy add another server to the list that will be fixed the next hours.
Is that possible plz?

Ive edited it abit.
Short: we wanted to boost the server and pay via mobile, money is charged but due the error server wasnt boosted and after that we paid via paypal and the server is boosted now.
We will fix another server today and it would be nice if it could be boosted manualy so that no refund will be needed.

Please be more careful when writing the SMS message. Do you want :27016 boosted again?

@ Everyone
Be careful when writing the SMS messages!

i checked the sms ive send and it looks correct to me, but anyway i will use paypal only from now on.
the server i wanted to boost is boosted at the moment, but i would like to add another server if its possible?

#146 k1ller

k1ller

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 4,250 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 05:13 PM

i will use paypal only from now on.
the server i wanted to boost is boosted at the moment, but i would like to add another server if its possible?

It's possible to boost another server. Paypal is also a little bit cheaper than SMS.
Posted Image

#147 ShubbeH

ShubbeH

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 07:57 PM

i will use paypal only from now on.

It's possible to boost another server. Paypal is also a little bit cheaper than SMS.

ye :) can u boost 93.186.198.5:27015 (still boosted 8 hrs) plz.

#148 k1ller

k1ller

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 4,250 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 08:50 PM

ye :) can u boost 93.186.198.5:27015 (still boosted 8 hrs) plz.

Sorry I thought you were asking whether it's possible to boost servers at all now that there's limit of 200 concurrent boosted servers. It'd be unfair to give boosts randomly :-|
Posted Image

#149 ShubbeH

ShubbeH

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 11:04 PM

but if was checking on is server or not server in bost list, ... and send back what server already added in boost list. i offer SMS Busines in our country!

The SMS service is hosted by Fortumo. If such check is possible with the service then it could be added. Also remember that you get monthly salary for doing your business. Setti isn't business.

tried to pay via mobile phone this morning, but it failed due a error (STRERR001). Server i wanted to add was 93.186.198.5:27016. The payment has been confirmed and charged, but due the error i fixed it via paypal and that worked.
SMS i wrote was looking like allways so that couldnt be the error.

Refund wont be need as it would be nice if u manualy add another server to the list that will be fixed the next hours.
Is that possible plz?

Ive edited it abit.
Short: we wanted to boost the server and pay via mobile, money is charged but due the error server wasnt boosted and after that we paid via paypal and the server is boosted now.
We will fix another server today and it would be nice if it could be boosted manualy so that no refund will be needed.

Please be more careful when writing the SMS message. Do you want :27016 boosted again?

@ Everyone
Be careful when writing the SMS messages!

the reply was based on this message. i asked if u could boost another server instead of the one i wanted to boost via sms.
this would be the ip 93.186.198.5:27015
but if its unfair, then i will boost this again via paypal and we need to wait till the server with port 27016 is not boosted anymore to boost again.

#150 k1ller

k1ller

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 4,250 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 11:37 PM

Ok, now I understand. I confused with Guest. 93.186.198.5:27015 boosted. :smile-thumbs-up:
Posted Image

#151 Qwern

Qwern

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 08:40 PM

Hi, maybe this is to soon :).
But i have recently paid the 2€ for boosting this server, ip: 46.4.50.206:27015
But there stand: Server not found in, this link:
http://css.setti.inf....4.50.206:27015

I have not done anything to my server, but only send the ip and paid the 2€.
So just for a check, do I need to do anything else :)?

- Thanks.

#152 k1ller

k1ller

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 4,250 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 08:47 PM

Server not found in, this link:
http://css.setti.inf....4.50.206:27015

You can add your server to the list via form at the bottom of the main page.

Boost is an optional special service to make your server more visible in the masterserver.
Posted Image

#153 Qwern

Qwern

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 02:00 PM

Hello, it says: Set following setting in esteamation.conf
EnableAlternateDetectOfSettiServerScanner = True

But I can't find "esteamation.conf", can you tell me what folder the file is in :)?

- Thank you.

#154 k1ller

k1ller

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 4,250 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 02:56 PM

Hello, it says: Set following setting in esteamation.conf
EnableAlternateDetectOfSettiServerScanner = True

But I can't find "esteamation.conf", can you tell me what folder the file is in :)?

You need to patch your server. eSTEAMATION is a popular patch. Use Google to find info about it. Another option is rEV emulator. I don't know if rEV is for CS1.6 though.

For more info check cs.rin.ru forums (both English & Russian support) or csmania.ru (Russian). Both require registration but they are good places to find releases and info. Actually I don't know much about csmania but it's quite popular forum too.
Posted Image

#155 Thunder

Thunder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 07:22 PM

It should not be so. Servers is not adding to boost every second.

If you provide high quality service to your players - you will have online anyway.

Get as example server in my signature :thumbsup:

From 3 day boost we are dropping to ~ 2 days:

1. 82.135.228.239:27015 - Time boosted: 2 days, 5 hours, 15 minutes and 26 seconds
2. 212.76.128.50:27024 - Time boosted: 2 days, 5 hours, 13 minutes and 19 seconds
3. 89.44.246.50:27015 - Time boosted: 2 days, 5 hours, 12 minutes and 9 seconds

Maybe, the maximum number of boosted servers should increase to 250.
Posted Image

#156 Ghost

Ghost

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 3,640 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 07:52 PM

Maybe, the maximum number of boosted servers should increase to 250.

It's impossible to increase. The server list is sent in a groups of about 200 servers. The limit is there because network packets can't grow larger. Partly it's also Valve's decision how to send and receive the list. The first group of servers gains more visibility on the server list although it's received just second or two before the rest of the list.

The other option with the Boost list would have been to stick with 3 days of Boost, but then the "over 200" servers wouldn't have had the same Boost effect than those under the 200. It would have been possible to queue the "over 200" servers, but then the Boost wouldn't have activated immediately. It could have taken hours or days to get the Boost. It would have also complicated the whole system with the whole queue thingy.

Now it's quite clear that the Boost list can effectively Boost only those 200 servers. The Boost time can fluctuate, but it's definitely better than constantly lowering and lowering the Boost time and eventually having just 1 day Boost because of the risk of the list growing over 200 servers.

Note that the Boost is a special service. Most of the servers and server admins are using the normal list, which provides the bulk of the server list.

#157 Guest_KristapsT

Guest_KristapsT
  • Guests

Posted 12 January 2011 - 08:06 PM

okey but then when is 200 boost limit then inposible adding server in boost list i send sms 30 times but i cant add my server in boost list and all my server ports is opened

#158 Ghost

Ghost

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 3,640 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 08:09 PM

Do you get error message? What number do you have?

#159 Guest_KristapsT

Guest_KristapsT
  • Guests

Posted 12 January 2011 - 08:18 PM

no i don't get back error in message and my phone number is +37120312863

#160 Guest_KristapsT

Guest_KristapsT
  • Guests

Posted 12 January 2011 - 08:19 PM

and my server ip is 80.233.160.90:27015 and 2nd server ip 80.233.160.90:27016

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users